One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 2

Posted on August 23rd, by Amy in Challenge Week. 61 comments

Are you ready!?  How will you challenge yourself this week?I don’t want you to be stressed out about this challenge, but I do hope to MOTIVATE you.  Finish something, start something, just don’t be overwhelmed by everything – One Thing!

You decide, what’s reasonable for you to get done in a weeks time, and tell me your goal in the comments.  Next Monday, I will have a linky and you can link to your blog/flickr post, and show off your met goal!

For those of you that meet your goal, you will be entered to win:

An Adoring Charm Pack, courtesy of Natalia, of Piece N Quilt – Thanks Natalia!!

My goal for the week, is to finish a quilt top.  I have tutorial coming soon over at Moda Bake Shop, (my first!) and I need to get moving!  I’ll share a sneak peek later this week…

New button code is in my sidebar –> please post a button and tell your friends, hopefully we can all get motivated this week!

Time to get busy!

61 thoughts on “One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 2

Mrs Moen says:

Hello Amy!
    I Would love to finish a “Nothing to wear” quilt this week. It has been bugging me for months, so it’s about time to get it done. Thanks for the extra motivation!

Becky says:

I have a pillow I’ve been wanting to make for Nathan’s playroom. This’ll be good motivation for me.

I want to get my Quilt-Along quilt that I have been doing with you all quilted up and bound. This will be the biggest quilt I have tried to quilt on my machine. I am excited, and a little nervous :)

Dusty says:

I think my goal for this week is to get a fabric cut for a quilt top. (my very first!)

I have a quilt to block, add hanging sleeve and bind AND a bag to finish! Great idea!

Kelly says:

My goal for this week is to finish a quilt top. I only have a month for this quilt to be finished so I hope this will motivate me to get it done!

Betty says:

I have a quilt, named “Kitty Chaos” that I need to get the binding on it. I have tyed it (first time for that). Not exactly sure like tying them but guess like everything else, practice makes perfect.

Marci Girl says:

My goal is week is to photography all of the purses and items that I have made in the past few months that I have yet to photograph, because I don’t like the picture taking process as much as I like making stuff! I know this doesn’t sound impressive, but I have 50+ items to photograph! Let’s hope the weather holds out for me.

katie says:

This couldn’t have been timed better. I want to get an I Spy top put together for a quilt for my nephew. So I’ve written it down, now I’ve gotta follow through!

Garilyn says:

I have a quilt that I need to finish the binding on this week.

Beth says:

Hi Amy! This week I am going to have to choose something that doesn’t include sewing. My sewing machine broke over the weekend. Don’t feel too bad for me cuz this means I get to buy that new Janome :o). Unfortunately, I have to wait for it to arrive. I am behind on cutting fabric for some orders so my goal is to get fabric & interfacing cut for 2 bags, 1 diaper clutch and 1 wipes case. This will also give me a chance to play with my new AccuQuilt GO! Thanks for the challenge and have a splendid day!

Sarah Craig says:

I’d like to finish lay out my bee blocks into a quilt, and maybe even get the flimsy sewn together!

Ashley says:

My goal is to get the quilt top pieced that I started for my sister’s Christmas present. I had started it, but it has since been sitting in a drawer waiting for me to return. This week, I will get it done! Thanks for the extra motivation!

Wendy says:

My goal is to complete a quilt I am making for a charity event – it is going to an orphan in Romania. I just need to quilt it and bind it and add a label :)

Jill says:

I am going to get the top to the quilt along all done. I’ve got all the sashing cut and ready to be put on but thats as far as its gotten…until next week :)

Shannon says:

I need/want to get my Carolyn’s Paper-Pieced Garden (large quilt) finished. I have it quilted now I need to get the binding on. I do have a few puckers on the back and I need to decide if I need to fix them or leave them. I think I might just leave them. That is my week challenge.

Robin says:

I’ve been having a tough time getting motivated lately, so hopefully this will help. I really want to get my Pinwheel Party quilt basted!

Mama Mel says:

I think my goal this week will be to start and finish a quilt top. :) Thanks! I love this Challenge thing! It really helps to get me moving when I’m feeling unmotivated.

Lisa Caron says:

This week I need to finish quilting a baby quilt for a gift, it is basted so just need to quilt and bind it. I might even get a few basket liners made for my bathroom if I get enough time. This is a great challenge, time to get moving!!

Kera U says:

My goal this week is to complete the quilt top for my Nephew’s first birthday.

Jill says:

I’ve been working on a wall hanging that I designed for a challenge sponsored by the quilt guild that I belong to. The only requirement is that it must have four Dresden Plates that measure at least four inches somewhere in the design. I have made a good start, so this week I would like to get it completely finished and ready to go.

Barb says:

I am going to Florida soon and have a dress I am shirring the top of. I couldn’t shirr it on my most expensive Ellegante2 I am shirring it on my 1930 Singer 99 machine I purchased at a garage sale for $10.00. I had it oiled and refurbished for under $100.00. It runs very smoothly and takes the elastic thread in the bobbin easily. Who would have guessed. I am determined to get it finished. It needs 20 or more rows of shirring.

Quiet Quilter says:

I challenge myself to make one pillowcase for my GSs. Sounds easy, but I am going to put a little extra “ummphf” to it. I have been meaning to do this for quite a while, so this the chance. My GSs will love it. Thanks, Amy for the little push.

Cathy A says:

Last week, my one thing was to put together 2 rows of a quilt top. I got all 8 of them done this weekend, so my goal for this week is to get the whole quilt top put together!

Carla Louise says:

I have two tutorials I need to finish and post on my website. And I have been procrastinating on this one! So, let’s get it done this week! YAY!

Thanks for the motivation Amy! It is awesome!

Norma says:

I’m so glad you’re doing this again. This week I want to finish quilting my DQS9 (doll Quilt Swap 9.) If I get it bound and finished I’ll be thrilled!

Barbara says:

I want to finish the insane amount of cutting and make at least one tulip block for my new quilt, “Dutch Treat.” (Only I’m naming it “Tiptoe through the Tulips.”)

Vicki says:

Hola Amy!!
    I will be finishing up 2 king size pillow shams this week!
    My bonus projects are: finish cutting 2″ squares for my bee, and finish my extras/pack up my DQS for mailing.

I am going to make a nap mat for my 2-yr-old son. Here’s the tute from one of my fellow Dallas Modern Quilt Guild members:

Tricia L. says:

Hi Amy! My goal is to do the binding on my Project Pure quilt for the PMQG September challenge. It’s only a 28″ square but this way I know I’ll get it done!

Lisa G says:

Hi Amy… My challenge for this week will be to finish a christmas table runner…. we shall see how well I do!

Adrienne says:

Hi Amy! My goal this week is an easy one! I hope to finish binding, label and send my DQS9 quilt. I should be finishing the binding this afternoon, so my goal is almost stress free.

anita says:

My goal: get my bee blocks caught up!

Lucy says:

My Goal for the week is to get my 4 Christmas Quilt Wall hangings cut out and ready to sew. They are Christmas Presents for my monthly “girls” night out. I will be using techniques that I learned from taking Amy’s on line Quilt Sampler Class…..Good Lucky Everyone…Lucy

Michelle says:

I want to get a friendship bag done for my daughter.

Linda says:

I am taking a class to make an Hawaiian Quilt through quiltuniversity.com. My goal this week is get at least 1/2 of my Hawaiian quilt hand appliqued. This is something totally new for me so I am much slower than I would like to be. Good luck to all!!

Emiy says:

hmm.. I’m going to finish the set of coasters I started this afternoon. Hopefully they’re liked by my friend who is actually paying me for them! Eek! :)

Oh yeah. And I’m going to make myself part with my DQS9 quilt.. it’s been finished for almost two weeks now; it’s time to send it off!

Karen G says:

My challenge this week is to finish binding two quilts!! The first quilt is a wall hanging…but the second one is king-sized! Hope I make it!!!!

Hooray for accountability!!! lol This comes at the perfect time, so my goal is to piece my sis-in-law’s quilt top so I have it ready in time for her baby shower on September 11. Willow from Alexander Henry…yummy!!!

I am going to finish the quilt top for the Pint Sized pattern using Neptune!

Jill says:

My goal is to get my purple and orange quilt in the frame, which means I need to make the (pieced) back and sandwich it. Good motivation.

delia says:

I am making a quilt as you go quilt and would like to have half of the final piecing done by next week.

Meghan says:

I want to finish the top of my mom’s birthday quilt and my August bee block.

Lindsay says:

Awesome! My Goal this week is to finish basting 200 Hexagons, I am 1/4 of the way done, lets hope I can reach my goal!!

Kathy says:

I am late submitting because I was working on my goal, lol. I need to cut back on my fabric. So I have decided to try to cut up one yard of each fabric. Please don’t ask how many that is because I don’t know and I don’t WANT to know, lol.
    My goal for the week is to cut OVER 100 yards of fabrics into the strips of 10″, 5″, 8″, 3 1/2″, 2 1/2″ (qty 2) from 100+ fabrics. Then cut the 10″ and 5″ into squares.

Meagan says:

I’m going to take a page from Marci’s book, and set my goal to get photos of all my past projects. Since I just started my blog and want to write about the quilts, baskets, and other things I’ve made so far – it’s be great to have pictures to go with the stories!

Mama Spark says:

My goal for the week is to get my Design Star challenge quilt to the border stage. It would be great to get it done entirely but I am not sure that will happen, so to the border stage is great!

[...] you have a project that needs a little extra motivation, you should consider accepting Amy’s challenge!  Did I mention she gives random drawn prizes to people who meet their goal?   [...]

Heather says:

One of my goals for the week is find and order the fabric to finish off my quilt-along top! The other project that I’m going to challenge myself to finish is a dress for my daughter that I’ve been working on since May. I need to get it done before she is either too big for it or it’s not warm enough to wear it anymore!

Manda says:

My goal is to sort out my sewing space because it is a tip and I can’t get in! Put up my new chair so that I can start sewing and sew together at least half of my pink quilt top!

Kelsey Rose says:

My goal is to finish the bed skirt for the crib for our baby-on-the-way. 1 month, 2 days till my due date – my own natural built-in deadline for all things nursery is (too) quickly approaching!

[...] there!  I’ve been working behind the scenes here on my challenge for the week – I hope you have gotten started on your challenge too!  Today I am enjoying the [...]

Bethany says:

My goal is to finish putting together 12 more blocks for my mother-in-law’s Christmas quilt.

Jo Vandermey says:

My challenge this week is to finish a quillow for my great niece. I have to tie it and bind it.
    Jo

renee says:

hi at last found a star pattern i love and want too make colorful and some how make them pop out like you have. thanks so much such a artist ya are. wondering will you have in future more stars ? thanks

I know it’s late in the week, but I’ll jump in (if only to get me away from this computer screen and into my sewing closet!!).

By Monday morning my goal is to finish an apron to enter into a contest at my LQS. All of the pieces are cut, but there are nine yards of ruffle to attach to the skirt alone!!

Pretty sure I will not get my goal done now. I had a major mishap. I blogged about it here. http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-truly-despise-unpicking.html

What ya gonna do??

[...] North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana this past week.  I am also working towards my Challenge week goal, which is fast approaching!  I have 140 of these done now, here is a couple of photos of them [...]

[...] there!  I hope you are having a good weekend, I’ve been busy sewing trying to meet my goal, and keeping up with the laundry!  I just have a couple of things to mention real quick [...]

[...] was your week?  Did you meet your goal?  I was so happy to see so many of you respond with a goal, and motivated by my challenge!  Today is the day for you to link up and show off, your met [...]