Doll Quilt Swap 9

Posted on August 25th, by Amy in Doll Quilt Swap, finished quilt. 28 comments

Hi there!  I’ve been working behind the scenes here on my challenge for the week – I hope you have gotten started on your challenge too!  Today I am enjoying the last day with my girls, before 1st and 5th grade begins.  How is the summer gone already!?

Over the weekend I received my Doll Quilt from Marilyn, aka Spiced Coffee on Flickr!

Look at this beauty–

I even hung it on the wall in our living room – the colors are a perfect compliment.   Oh, and look at her beautiful hand quilting, and appliqué –

Marilyn also sent stickers for my kids, this fun book and adorable pot holders –

One of the potholders says, “When I learned to sew, I forgot how to cook!”  and the other, “A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine.”  Spot on for me!!  There’s also a teeny pair of snips there, with a cover the shape of a puppy.  Wouldn’t you know that’s what my girls really wanted, but who knows what they would be cutting….they are safe with me!  Thanks again Marilyn – I love it all!

—–

On the other side of the coin, my DQS quilt is done and ready to be shipped off!  I had to get a label on it, and had put it off long enough.

Here’s the back side, including the label –

I just covered the name so I don’t spoil the surprise!

One last glamor shot –

I did a double layer of batting under the Dresden  plates, faux trapunto, I hope my partner washes it, but wanted to let them decide.

Are you wanting to make Dresden plates yet?

Hope you are having a great day.  Blessings~

28 thoughts on “Doll Quilt Swap 9

Jennifer says:

Beautiful dresden plate. And I love the pot holders.

Mishka says:

Fabulous Amy, your doll quilt is just great. Love the very creative label too.

Sally says:

Your DQS quilt is delightful! I like the label too! You were lucky to receive a beauty in return, I’m off to check out her Flickr pix now.

Beth says:

It is ALL so beautiful! I want to do a swap one day (wink, wink). The fun of making something for someone else and then receiving something in return sounds so exciting! Enjoy the day with the girls!

upstatelisa says:

wow! Love all the goodies! Your DQS9 is wonderful and I so love the matching label! Someone is gonna be a lucky partner!

Everything is great. Those potholders are too funny. And your dresden plate is fabulous. If anything would make me want to do a dresden plate, your quilt would be it!

Oh Amy – both these quilts are LOVELY! Lucky you and lucky them!

Rene' says:

Amy, I love your dresden plate quilt!!! I love the colorful border and the binding you chose. The white backing really shows off your fabulous quilting!!! Those potholders are so great. A friend of mine made me a little wallhanging with that cute fabric…very fun!

Norma says:

you lucky girl! that was one of my faves from DQS9. Oh well I guess I’ll have to hope for one of the other 50 I favorit-ed!

Allie says:

Oh Amy your quilt is just darling – love the trapunto effect! Love the quilt you got too, amazing design. Those potholders are DARLING – I’d never be able to use them! They would have to hang around looking pretty.

Thank you so much for posting my quilt to your blog! It really is fun seeing it there! So glad you like everything. The little Puppy Snips actually come from the knitting world, but are perfect for carrying around with little quilting projects too.

Your dresden plate mini is gorgeous! Marilyn

Carla Louise says:

Those Dresden blocks are very inspiring! And I so love the colors, Amy! Good choices. The person who receives that quilt is very lucky indeed.

I have not started my challenge yet…but tonight may be the night for that! I only have a few more days!

Cathy A says:

Those are both gorgeous!!

Your Dresden doll quilt is just adorable Amy! That is one lucky swap partner!!!

Manda says:

Wow both of those quilts a gorgeous!

Lindsay says:

Wow you are one lucky girl! I love your received quilt and gifts for the kids. I really love your topstitching on your dresden I haven’t decided how I am going to topstitch mine Yet.

as for my challenge, as of this afternoon some where in the middle of Montana I reached my half way point to my goal.

marni says:

I am hosting a giveaway over at Sassy Sites. Come on by and join in on the fun! We would love to have you!

-Marni

Natalia says:

WOW! They are both adorable! I think the one you received is perfect for your house! I also love the one you made! Good job!!!

Elise says:

Sweetie those are both beautiful! Love the hNd quilting; I could see me doing that!

JOAN says:

OHHHHH do I love both the quilt you received and the one you made. They are bright and beautiful! Isn’t it fun making the Dresden Plate blocks, and a great way to use “stash”

Svanhild says:

What a beautiful doll quilt you made, I’m into dresden plates at the moment, and this looks like something I have to try… The fabrics are lovely as well.

Jackie says:

OMG! I love how your dresden doll quilt turned out, just beautiful!! I love, love, love it!!!

LOVE those doll quilts!!

Elizabeth says:

Your Dresden Design is just wonderful. I love everything about it. It makes me want to run out an make one!

Sonja says:

Your DQS quilt is gorgeous!!!!

[...] updates!Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginMuch earlier in the year, as I was working on my Doll Quilt Swap, I made a bunch of disappearing 9-patch blocks.  I was considering them for the background to the [...]

Gmama jane says:

Those colors in your doll quilt are wonderful. I really love it! The label is extra cute too. i’ve not done a dresden plate yet but want to especially now that I see your color selection.
    Blessings
    Gmama jane

Lynn Harris says:

I just love your dresden doll quilt! Is a pattern available for that one?