Introducing: Modern Basics

Posted on September 8th, by Amy in books. 53 comments

Yesterday, I was looking around Martingale’s website, I figured my book would be listed soon.  All the final details had come together last month, it was just a matter of time!  My patience paid off, look:

That’s it, my book!  If you click on the cover, you can sign up for an email when it releases, I did, and read more about it!

We still have a couple of months until all is revealed, but it feels so great to share this with you!

53 thoughts on “Introducing: Modern Basics

AWESOME!!!!

A great big congratulations girl!

Look at you! This is WONDERFUL news. It is so great to see the younger generation bringing the art of quilting forward for future generations to enjoy.

It looks wonderful, Amy! Congratulations!

Audrey says:

Congratulations! That is so awesome!

Sally says:

Congratulations! What an accomplishment, Amy.

Lisa G says:

Excellent Amy, well done… what a wonderful achievement.

You should be SO Proud Amy! You have to be the most organized person to write a book while being a Mom etc!! Congratulations again!

Pat Sloan says:

Jumping up and down for you!

Linda says:

Congratulations! A published book is definitely something to brag about!!!!! Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Amy, how exciting! Congratulations :) I know you must feel like you just delivered a child. I can’t wait to touch it.

Smiles,
    Kelly

vicki says:

So exciting!! Congratulations, Amy!

Sharron says:

Very proud of you! It’s a long time to wait though for something so wonderful :)

Terri says:

How fun that must be to see your name in print on the cover! and your projects featured in your very own book. Congrats to you! Looks like a fun book.

Woo hoo! Isn’t it cool to see your hard work come to fruition? Congrats!!!!!!

Marianne says:

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Hooray! And it looks FABULOUS!

kathy in NC says:

OMG!! how exciting IT looks perfect..I NEED to have IT!!!!
    What a super duper job. you must be ticked pink :)
    Congrats.

anna says:

I love Love LOVE the quilt on the cover. This is so exciting. How can you stand it? Gee wiz~how did you do it? Really? That is a story in itself.So tell us more about it

Norma says:

I didn’t’ know you were writing a book! congratulations!

Natalia says:

Congrats Amy! It’s finally so real!!!!

Cathy A says:

That looks like it’s going to be a great book! What a wonderful accomplishment for you!!

AnnieO says:

Wow, Amy, very very excited for you! Love the cover quilt. Piecing and applique combined is always charming.

Kimberly S says:

Looks wonderful Amy, congrats!!! :)

Lindsay says:

Congratulations Amy! That is awesome! I can not wait to get my copy! i can only image how you must feel to have your own book! I have been published a few times in a book, and a magazine, and a newspaper, but never my own book! what a high you must be on!

Beth says:

How exciting!!! I went right over and put my e-mail address on the list. I can’t wait to see all of your creations. So happy for you…congrats!!

Carla Louise says:

I bet you are sew excited about your new book! I know I am! Congratulations, Amy!

Cecily says:

Congrats, Amy! That’s HUGE! And so cool!

Alexis says:

Congratulations Amy! Very cool!

andi says:

Congratulations Amy.
    It looks wonderful!!

Meagan says:

Hooray & congratulations!

I love the bright simplicity of the cover and I can’t wait to read it!

Karen G says:

Woo Hoo, Amy!!!!! How proud you must feel!!!! I have loved your simple style since following your blog! Now more people can enjoy it! Congratulations!!! Karen

Denny1600 says:

Way to go!!

And thanks for the quilt shop tips for our July trip. We got led astray to a shop in Bountiful. We did our part. Then they led us further astray by introducing us to Neilsen’s Frozen Custard. Then it all went downhill from there and we became custard junkies . . .

Allie says:

Girl – that is just TOO exciting – congratulations to you!!!

CitricSugar says:

That is fabulous news, Amy! I had been wondering since you’ve been so quiet about it lately. I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!

Erin says:

You are so amazing! I love the cover. Can’t wait to see all that’s inside! :]

Frauke says:

How exciting !! congratulations – so you’re kind of having another baby, just this one will not need diapers ;-)) I love your modern, easy-going quilting style.

randi says:

how wonderful amy! the cover looks great. congratulations!

So exciting Amy, congratulations!! I love the the colors and the gorgeous quilt on the cover. Can’t wait to get one, yay!

Congrats Amy!!! This is awesome!!

Eve says:

Big Congratulations!
    The book looks great, I know it’s going to do very well :D

Tove says:

Amy I’m so pround of you! Who knew when we were causing trouble as kids where we’d end up! You done awsome!!!!!!!! congrats, miss you.

mickey harleywife says:

HOW NEAT !!!!! LOOKS GREAT !!!! CONGRATS !!!! I haven’t been online , and , am getting caught up and see this !!! WOW . can’t wait …………………..

amandajean says:

Congrats, Amy! That’s quite exciting!!! The cover is awesome.

Looking forward to the book Amy. Your Dad just told me about it and I’ve been wanting to learn to quilt for awhile. Can’t wait to get my copy and hope to see you at Christmas.

Kit Lang says:

Congrats on your new book! :)

[...] Friends! I have a new quilt tutorial to share over at Moda Bake Shop! To celebrate, it and my book, I’ve put my patterns on sale – this week only! Check out my shop for details.Go check [...]

Elise says:

Must add my congrats as your mom! Yes, I feel like my daughter is having another baby! Grandma took down all the info and loved your appliqued flowers! Loved the pics inside! Dad and I try not to brag too much! To God be the glory! Love you bunches!

Jackie says:

Yay!! So excited for you!! The cover looks just beautiful. I wish you much luck with the sales. I am sure they will be going through the roof.

Congratulations on the book– that is so cool. Utah quilters rule! Hope to see you at HMQS next spring, I will be there appraising again and will have another antique quilt display (you posted a picture of my brown hexagon antique quilt from this year’s show).
    Sandra in Moab

Marit says:

How exiting!!!
    Congratulations, Amy!

; )

Lydia says:

Major CONGRATULATIONS! What a fantastic achievement! I came over to view the blogger’s quilt festival and came across the news about your new book. Thanks for hosting the quilt festival and I’ll look for your book in my local quilt shop.