One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 3

Posted on September 20th, by Amy in Challenge Week, work in progress. 62 comments

Hi there!  The weeks and months keep flying by – and it’s time for another challenge!

Are you ready!?  How will you challenge yourself this week?I don’t want you to be stressed out about this challenge, but I do hope to MOTIVATE you.  Finish something, start something, just don’t be overwhelmed by everything – One Thing!

You decide, what’s reasonable for you to get done in a weeks time, and tell me your goal in the comments.  Next Monday, I will have a linky and you can link to your blog/flickr post, and show off your met goal! However, if you are working on something special for Amy’s, Amy Butler Sew & Tell Challenge - post on Friday!  Just link up on Monday again here!

That’s what I’m doing!  I sewed up this quilt top on Saturday and my challenge this week is to quilt and bind it.  I really wanted to make a charm quilt, since I never have, but I just had to add a little something extra.  I love it!  Measures 40×54″ and will be up for sale soon.

For those of you that meet your goal you will be entered to win a fabulous prize…just don’t have the details yet.  I will update you when I do!

Leave a comment letting us know what your challenge is and get busy!

62 thoughts on “One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 3

I need to get my Charity quilt tied and binded. I cut it out on Friday and sewed the entire top together on Friday night and into Saturday morning. Good Times :)

vicki says:

Ok, mine is easy this time. I’m going to finish a pillow that’s been started for a while, it’s for the Amy Butler challenge. I’ve got to go get thread for quilting, this morning. :)

Katie says:

This is going to be an easy one, but I’m bad about procrastinating… The two I Spy quilts that I’ve challenged myself with on the previous two One Thing challenges are done, but need labels. So my challenge is to get those labels sewn on. Sadly, they’ve been made for weeks, but I have a hard time tooting my own horn. And I promise that for the next challenge, I’ll make something that doesn’t have “I Spy” in it!

Beth says:

Wow, I can’t believe it is time for another challenge! I welcome it though :o). I have a stack of tumblers on my desk that need to be sewn together. The quilt is for a silent auction we are having for my son’s baseball team (in less than 4 weeks). My goal is to get the tumblers sewn into a quilt top. Good luck to everyone!!

Kate Pangbourne says:

My challenge is to FIND THE BLOCKS for Lyla’s quilt. I’ve already completed a whole heap of them, and need to get it finished before Christmas along with one each for her sister and brother. So far I have searched my bedroom, the sitting room, the conservatory, my son’s bedroom, the hall, the front porch and the loft. What on earth did I DO with them??!

Lee Ann L. says:

I’ll have to do mine next week. I’m at my Mother’s house and I can’t do anything project-wise here and I feel sad about that. So, no goals for this week. *sigh*

renee says:

mine is too nail the star block tutorial with help from tutorial and delphine from Frontier helping idea for a certain book, us dummies is trying meanwhile finished pillow case wild colors crochet edgeing oh stars again crocheting learning one, on You Tube Dakota from this Indian Tribe her quilts stars explains the spirtual well being honorable of Stars. wow beautiful thanks for the site

Melissa says:

My challenge is to finish the pinwheel quilt top I started piecing a month ago for my SIL. I keep putting it aside, and I need to just get it done.

mickey says:

Greetings all ! my challenge is to FINISH the top from AMY’S CREATIVE SIDE quilt along !! so I need to quilt it and bind it ! ( and I can’t my NEW camera , just my old one ; so I’d like to FIND it but I’m not officially adding it to my challenge !!! ) thanks for the challenge again , and I’m off to get started !!

Yay, another challenge! I want to get the flimsy together for a baby quilt for my step-daughter. I am using Elizabeth’s New Wave Quilt pattern along with Wheels fabric!

Quiet Quilter says:

I bought some Dr. Seuss fabric (lovely, lovely)this last week. It has had its’ bath and is all dried off. My challenge this week is to decide on a layout to display this great fabric. I know it will be in a book format, but want to look around to see if I can “Seuss” it up a bit. There are so many possibilities….

Robin says:

I can’t believe it has been a month already! My goal for this week is to finish quilting my Pinwheel Party quilt. I’m looking forward to the challenge. :)

How cute! I love the lagniappe (a little somethin’ extra)in the quilt. You can do it. I can’t wait to hear how it looks when completed!

Lindsay says:

Thanks Amy! This weeks challenge for me is packing, packing my sewing room up for moving, we move on the 5th and I have so much to do! I will post a link back here for the challenge this afternoon when i have a few minutes!

I wish everyone luck on their challenge!

Annette says:

Hmm…this might be a good thing for me.
    I am working on a little flannel quilt for my son. I am not loving it, but he does.
    To make it more exciting for me, I have decided to try out free motion quilting on this one. I have never done any yet, so am quite nervous about it. Result: procrastination! I should quilt is this week. That’s my goal.

Starr says:

I have a busy week but I am setting the goal of finishing up 2 pillows for my son’s Christmas present and piecing a few more pairs of hot pads. Thanks so much for giving us a challenge. I am looking forward to sewing!

SoniaB says:

Can I count “having a baby” as the one thing I’d like to get done this week? I really would like to be done. Otherwise, I’ll shoot for finishing quilting and binding my little aqua/red quilt. ;)

Jill says:

I am going to finish machine quilting and bind a quilt for a dear friend with a miracle baby!!

Michelle says:

My goal this week is to get my Bee Blocks done.

Betty says:

My challenge is to do machine applique on Pat Sloan’s Lucky Charm Sew Along. I have not done this before so something I hesitate on doing.

Becky says:

This is good for me – I’ve been dragging me feet. I need to finish my son’s toddler bed quilt.

Sandy N. says:

I’m in!=) I need to do the label and binding on my quilt.This is the first online challenge I have ever participated in.My other challenge for this week will be learning how to use Flickr.I’m not a blogger, so it will be new for me.I know that I will get the quilt done, Flickr I’m not so sure about.Wish me luck!=)
    Thanks for the push!

Kelsey Rose says:

I need to make a cover for my new cell phone before it gets scratched, so that is my goal for the week. :)

That, and hopefully delivering my baby. :P (T-6 days till my due date!)

renee says:

OOOPS its Rosealie Red Elk the video showing Star quilting she does the other Dakota is the artist dancer music. Sorry

Ugh! I’ve been putting off making some more Mod House ornaments for like 2 months now…I WILL make some this week…I WILL!

felicity says:

I want to have my Simple Sampler quilted. It’s basted and ready to go.

Meagan says:

Well, my *real* project is not postable until after Christmas. But I am hoping to free-motion quilt it, which I have never done before. So for my challenge this week, I will make myself a free-motion quilting “test sandwich” as practice for the full quilt.

Maybe I’ll turn it into a place mat or something when I’m finished.

Jill says:

My challenge this week is to finish a quilt top that I have been making as a bom with a local quilt shop. We made four 6 inch blocks each month and had a choice of color ways. I chose the 30’s fabric. There was such a variety of colors that I didn’t feel that the blocks were relating to each other so I designed larger blocks incorporating the kit blocks in the corners. I’m really happy with my blocks, but now they need to become a quilt. Thanks Amy for hosting this! A little push is always good!

Mama Mel says:

I have some binding to finish on one quilt and can probably finish another quilt top in a week’s time. :) Thanks again for the motivation!

[...] now, over on Amy’s Blog, she is hosting another One Week, One Challenge!! And this week, its time to start packing for [...]

Jan says:

I have 3 goals for the week: 1)finish binding on a baby quilt, 2)finish a doll quilt, 3)sew up a receiving blanket. All reasonable goals, if I stay away from the computer!

Garilyn says:

I have a skirt for my daughter that I’d like to get done this week. Thanks for the challenge.

Cathy A says:

This challenge often hits me on the most busy weeks! Anyway, my one thing is to finish the blocks for the fatquarterly quilt along. I’m supposed to get the top finished to be up to speed on the quilt along, but that’s probably more than I can get to this week!

Jennie says:

Just one thing? Okay. And it just happens to fall during the first half-week of classes for me. But I’d like to finish my red/aqua Dutch pinwheel blocks. I have to go get thread for them (I ran out last week). I have twelve to do. If I’m super productive, I’ll get the sashing cut and the whole top sewn together.

Elise Shaw says:

ok; I inventoried my done blocks…will attempt to complete all blocks this week from your quilt along!!! Love your new quilt top! love you, Mom

Lindsay says:

I am hoping to get the top done to my cousin’s baby quilt. So far I have it 10% done lol.

Melinda says:

My sister, who is 8 months pregnant is coming for a visit this weekend. This One Thing, One Week challenge will give me extra motivation to get her diaper bag finished just in time!

Denny1600 says:

I want to finish the All Cooped Up class sample quilt that I’m working on! One block is done. All the parts for the second block are cut out. This is a two block quilt.

Judy says:

I’m shooting for the following: finish the binding on a baby quilt for my friend’s shower. Finish 6 burp cloths and 2 appliqued onesies (never done before!!) for another shower. “Baby” steps! :)

Adrienne says:

I would like to get out, count and come up with a design for all the Halloween blocks I received in my two Virtual Quilting Bees this last year. They are a mixtureof three sizes ; 6.5″, 9.5″ and 12.5″. I might even start cutting or sewing the sashing! GASP! :)

Dusty says:

Hmmm…. I’m torn. I want to finish assembling the quilt top that I pieced for the last challenge (well, actually, my goal was to get it cut, but I got all the blocks pieced, too), but I probably really should try to get the top for my son’s Halloween costume at least constructed, if not embellished. Halloween seems really far away, but I’ll still need to make his crown, cloak and boot covers and a dress and hat for DD. Maybe I’ll manage both!

Barb in MI says:

Amy, exactly what I need: 1T1W Challenge! Here it goes: There are too many quilt tops in my house. So my challenge is to get 1 top quilted. If it is a baby top, I need to quilt 2. Main issue is to get it loaded and started…
    Thanks for hosting the challenge!

Tove says:

Hmm, I may use this to motivate me to finish my placemats. I also have to get the tag on my wedding gift quilt. We’ll see how I do.

Cute quilt Amy.

Sarah Craig says:

I’m going to get all the 2-part blocks put together for my next ministry quilt – I’ve got about 50 more of these to make and company in town for the week! I’d like to get them put together into a flimsy, too, but I don’t think I’ll have time to do that…. so my goal is just to do the blocks!

delia says:

This is going to be a busy week, so I’m going to aim for making 4 square-in-a-square blocks.

Kellie says:

I need to finish quilting my son’s quilt, and make a purse for a friend. Thanks for the motivation!

I have a charm runner that I want to make…so that is my goal for the week… Thanks for the motivation!

Kathy says:

I want to use the new Alexander Henry Ghastlies fabric and make a table runner. And I want to mail out all the fabric I cut up for the last challenge! And this time I will REMEMBER to publish my blog writeup (forgot that last time even though I wrote it, sigh).

Rachel B. says:

I am going to try and quilt and bind the quilt I was trying to finish for my birthday – last year. Now my birthday has come and gone this year too. I would like it done by the end of September so we can use it this winter.

I have promised a friend that I would make her granddaughter a crayola tote but have noit had time to get it done and mailed out. That will be my challenge to get to the sewing machine and get er’ done!

Barbara says:

I’m going to stitch down the appliques on my two fused blocks for my “Home is Where the Heart Is” block of the month, and finish the necessary embroidery.

I have put off and put off quilting one of my projects because I don’t have the right color thread. My goal is to go find the thread and quilt the top (if I get really ambitious I’ll bind it also, although I’ll be happy if I just go buy the thread!)

Emily says:

I”m going to get started on quilting my neice’s cancer quilt. And finialize my projects for the two swaps I have ending soon. Oh maybe I can be superwoman and get it all done?

Colleen says:

I am behind in my quilt along. So my goal for the week is to finish sewing my blocks (about 55) and assemble my top. Thanks for the motivation. I work best under pressure. Lately I keep getting distracted by other projects. Like a small pumkin wall hanging I made Sun-Mon.

Heather says:

I totally forgot to comment yesterday but I did start my Challenge project. I’ve got a cross stitch project that I want to make lots of progress on (or possibly finish). I also want to get my pile of stuff that need to be mended or hemmed taken care of!

Amy says:

I bought some patterns for clothes for Abbey. I will get one put together this week! I WILL!!! LOL….

Cinzia says:

this week I will finally finish off what would have been my entry to the Sydney Quilt Guild Challenge… if I’d read the rules properly and made it 16in x 24in rather than 16in x 18in. Anyway it has sat on the side waiting for the binding to be finished ever since I discovered my mistake.

amandajean says:

I’m going to try to get my pictures framed and hung in my dining room. I’ve had the frames from IKEA for about 1.5 years. Gulp. How’s that for procrastination?!? I need this challenge to get my hinder in gear. :)

[...] Motivation to Finish Posted in Uncategorized Hi there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for my daily updates!Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginNeed help meeting your goal? [...]

[...] was so happy to see so many of you rise to the challenge!  Today we link up and show off what we got done.  If you haven’t already, go post about it [...]

Leah says:

This is a great idea… I will have to get going on my projects!

Leah says:

My goal is to complete some embroidery for my brother’s girlfriend. It scares me as its on stretch fabric. (and also a skirt for a pattern review – so no photos of it)