Mystery Quilt

Posted on October 11th, by Amy in work in progress. 18 comments

Hi there!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I did!

Friday night I participated in a Mystery Quilt class, we had a cutting list and a 10pm start time.  Armed with Fandango, snacks and a frappuccino, we got started and sewed all night long!  I shared a table with Natalia, and had a lot of fun.

This is my quilt in pieces…I had to head for home around 4 (yes 4 am!)  I couldn’t keep going.  But it’s all ready to be put into a top – which I plan to do this week!  Look for a post soon.

You can see the complete top on Natalia’s blog too!

Blogger’s Quilt Festival is just 3 weeks away…I’m hoping to have a button for you really soon.

18 thoughts on “Mystery Quilt

Suzanne says:

I have never done an organized all-nighter but have had my fair share late night quilt nights. It’s amazing how different your quilt top (based on your blocks) and Natalia’s are. Very cool!

Between yours and Natalia’s posts, I can tell that was one fun event. I don’t know if I have the fortitude to stay awake. Did you guy get kinda punchy at the end of the session? I would have been crazy silly…LOL

I literally finished my very first frappucino just minutes ago. A friend gave me one (vanilla). Those can be addicting!

I read about this on Natalia’s blog. It sounds like it was a blast! And I love your Fandango squares!

Beth says:

Sounds like a ton of fun! Can’t wait to see your top pieced together. Saw you working hard on it on Natalia’s blog :)
    Have a joyous day!

Terri says:

What a fun evening! And I love your blocks. Those colors are gorgeous, especially with the blue corners.

What a lovely idea! I would love to pull an “all-nighter” like that.

I LOVE mystery quilts. So much fun. And sew-ins with your friends. And BQF, three weeks? Eek!

Natalia says:

Can’t wait to see it all finished!!!! :)

That’s in sane girl! I poop out by midnight these days :) But the squares look fantastic!!

Wowsers! An all nighter sewing class?? I’d be making mistakes from tiredness by about 9.30pm!! ;) Looks good… can’t wait to see it all together!! Well done!!

aunt spicy says:

What a super fun idea! The quilt colors look really fun!

Allie says:

Now that sounds like a lot of fun, Amy, and pretty much my normal hours, lol! Love what you’ve got so far!

Leah says:

Sounds like a great night. What an interesting class

vicki says:

Fun! Your blocks look great, can’t wait to see the quilt top!

Tove says:

Very pretty so far, can’t wait to see the end result.

Jennwith4 says:

Wow how fun! I just ordered some fandango to use in a quilt swap. Looking forward to getting it!

Linda says:

OMG! If I didn’t start sewing until 10 at night, no telling what I would end up with. No matter how many of you there were, nobody would have been able to keep me awake. Believe me when I say, that the noisier a room is, the easier it is for me to sleep! (I’ve been known to fall asleep at Nascar races – lol! TMI!!)

Gex says:

I relaly like these colors. Who is getting this quilt -will you hang it or will it adorn someones bed?