My Contribution

Posted on October 20th, by Amy in Charity. 11 comments

Last week I shared an opportunity to sew up baby blankets for baby’s without.  Over the weekend, I pulled out fabrics that had been given to me or purchased, but never used.  I ended up with 15 blankets complete on Sunday afternoon!

gifts of loveI spent a few hours ironing, then cutting, then sewing everything together, thankfully Ella likes to help iron, and sew!

There’s still time to help out with Amy’s project, if you would like to sew up blankets or send some fabric for blankets.  Check out her blog for more details and regular updates.

How’s your challenge project going?  I cut my Sweet Divinity quilt top yesterday…I’m excited to sew it up!

Blessings~

11 thoughts on “My Contribution

Cecily says:

15?! That’s awesome, Amy! What a great cause too. Awesome!

Judy C says:

Good for you. I’ve had the flannel out for months. Here’s hoping your example is the kick start I needed. Take care.

That’s awesome! God bless those babies who will go home in an Amy blanket :D

Cathy A says:

That’s a lot of blankets!

Allie says:

Wow good for you – great job!

Carla Louise says:

Wow! Amy! That is a lot of blankets! What a prolific sewing fiend you are! Great job! I am sure your friend will be really thrilled with your contribution!
    carla louise

Beth says:

Oh, thank you for the reminder. I have 3 large double sided blankets and 6 onesies that need to be mailed out today! Thank you for sharing this opportunity.

Still working on my challenge projects but I am determined to get them done by Monday (i love that fandandgo!!). Smiles…

Beth says:

Oh yeah, your blankets are so cute…what a generous donation! Thanks again for sharing this opportunity!

Lindsay says:

Wow, you have been busy Amy! those blankets are lovely!

Amy says:

They are especially beautiful in person :)!!!! Love ya!!!

Beth says:

that’s fantastic, amy! i’m trying to spread the word about Quilts for Kids charity. i’m making quilts for them for the month of October. hop over to my blog to see…it’s a great cause! http://bethgracie.blogspot.com/