My Festival Quilt

Posted on November 4th, by Amy in Bloggers Quilt Festival, finished quilt. 63 comments

The Festival continues to be amazing and well viewed!  I hope you all are enjoying a bunch of traffic and comments on your posts.  I finished my quilt I was hoping to share with you this week!

Spinning Pinwheels:

Spinning PinwheelsI had so much fun designing and making this quilt!  It had been one of many designs in my arsenal waiting for just the right fabric, and when Sweet Divinity popped up – I jumped at the chance to make it!

I carefully cut and pieced triangles and strips for each block.  I think my favorite part is that there are so many different places to look – each fabric offers a different focal point!  Also, after nearly a year, I stippled this quilt!  I had a block on free motion quilting, but this was just the right size to take the plunge once again.  I’m so glad I did!

Spinning Pinwheels

It measures 54″ x 72″ with 48 blocks  total.  Of course through it all I’m reminded that perfection is too high a price for my sanity!   Yes, I’m still pinning and pressing each of my seams, just not much time with the seam ripper.

I’m working on a pattern for this one, I’ll have it available via pdf soon, and I’m working on hard copies too!  Check my shop out periodically if you are interested.

Happy Quilting -

63 thoughts on “My Festival Quilt

Mickey / Harleywife says:

AMY !!! It is absolutely stunning ! WOW ! NICE WORK ! You make beautiful quilts !

Audrey says:

It is beautiful, Amy! I love how the colors play off each other, and the colors are great together. I love the tonal difference between the pinks that give it a slight vivid watercolor effect.

Ann says:

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Charity says:

I just love pinwheels. I really like all of the different colors that you used. It’s stunning.

Mary Ann says:

Love it! (And I always pin!)

Michelle says:

It is a beautiful quilt. I love the colours.

Beth says:

It’s lovely, Amy. Definately worth the wait :)

teresamnj says:

Love this quilt Amy! So pretty. :)

I love your design and the fabric colors are so sweet…reminds me of cotton candy! Nice job! Glad you finished in time…would have been a shame to miss your own festival!

Oh wow… Amy it’s beautiful. The colors, the strips, the pattern… Absolutely gorgeous.. I can’t wait to get the pattern…. Thank you for sharing!

Jocelyn says:

Oh wow Amy, it’s beautiful! What powerful colors! Love the design.

Leslie says:

this is gorgeous…i love the colors together. you always do such a great job

What a sweet finish.

Really great design. Worth the wait!

Terriaw says:

This is the happiest, most cheerful quilt! I love the combination of triangles inside each wheel of the larger pinwheel. And I love the strings in between each pinwheel. What a cool design, Amy! These fabrics are perfect for this design. Good for you for finishing up the free motion – it turned out fab!

Lisa Mason says:

Love the colors! What a very pretty quilt.

Judy says:

Love it….the fabrics made the quilt wonderful!

Pam says:

Hey Amy!

She is gorgeous!!! lovely quilt! Where do you get such beautiful, bright fabric? love it!!!

hugz

ktquilts says:

Beautiful colors and a great design!!!

Amy Smart says:

It’s great Amy!

THanks again for all your work pulling off the Blogger’s festival – it’s been amazing – I esp LOVE the thumbnails. It all looks so pretty!

Natalia says:

Super cute! I love that line!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by denny1600, Lola Pink Fabrics, Amy Ellis, tammy, Amy Ellis and others. Amy Ellis said: My Festival Quilt http://bit.ly/9aG9mp [...]

Sarah Craig says:

It’s beautiful, Amy – well worth the wait!!! I can’t wait for the pattern….

Leila says:

what a sweet quilt! I love your design, pinwheels are such good fun!

Amy this is a very pretty spring looking quilt. The pinwheel to me is such a versatile block and can make such beautiful patterns. Good Job. Barbara

Cathi says:

Beautiful! I see butterflies when I look at it!

Becky M says:

So beautiful! Love those fabrics in it. Like you said, it really gives you a lot to look at as you study it. Gorgeous!

Susan Ingle says:

Love it !
    What a perfect pattern for a collection that you want to show off.

Lovely quilt! I am a big fan of pinning and pressing!

Tammy says:

It’s wonderful, Amy! I love the colors and the design! :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

Dree says:

Beautiful! I love how you placed the big red flowers :)

Kristina says:

well, it was a quilt worth waiting for :-) so simple, yet so complicated, and lovely colours too. I love it!
    Kristina

amylouwho says:

Amy, Amy, Amy. I’m DYING over this quilt! This is by far my favorite pattern yet! I’m a sucker for pinwheels and I love this color combo and the striped triangles. Genius.

It’s really really lovely and if you get tired of it, you have my address. :)

Cecily says:

Beautiful fabrics and a beautiful quilt! Love it, Amy! Thanks again for hosting such a great festival!

So pretty!
    And thanks for the festival! I’m having so much fun checking out everyone’s entries and making new bloggy friends. Plus, I won’t lie…I love the new traffic and lots of comments. I’m newer, so I don’t usually get any comments. :)

Gladys says:

Hola, Amy!!! Es MAGNIFICA! Felicitaciones! Un abrazo!

Paula says:

I love the colors in this quilt. Thanks for sharing.

It’s gorgeous Amy! You definitely waited for the PERFECT fabric line for your pattern. Congratulations on a winning creation.

andi says:

A gorgeous quilt Amy.
    Congratulations on the festival. I’m really enjoying it!
    And the new format with the images to click on is wonderful.
    Andi x

Allie says:

Great design and beautifully executed, Amy – it’s a winner!

Janet says:

So very pretty!

Lindsay says:

once again, a great quilt Amy! It was well worth the wait!! I can’t wait for the pattern!! Thanks so much for the BQF! I had a ton of fun looking through all the entries! I can not wait for next time!

Julie Fukuda says:

This has been a lot of fun for a first-timer. When is the next time?

Shannon Lowe says:

Another brilliant quilt! Love the color combo and the extra little stripes added in!

Shannon Lowe says:

Another brilliant quilt! Love the colors, the pinwheels and the fun details!

Perfect fabric for that pattern! Love it!!

Peggyann says:

its beautiful!loving the pink and blue in a fresh new way. I was so surprised that when I clicked on the last quilt, it was yours. This BQF has been so much fun! Thanks again for hosting.

Your choice of fabric for this design has worked so well.
    Love the colours and the stippling.
    This is a gorgeous quilt!

Mom says:

Hey Sweetie! Absolutely LOVE your quilt! It’s Very happy!

Jill says:

Just made it through ALL the quilts, thanks again for hosting this. Love the colors in your entry quilt!

lyn says:

Good Morning Amy, recently I saw a large pinwheel quilt..the blocks were 2 inches….in reproduction fabric……I love the colours you have used…the stippling.. one gorgeous quilt…..Warm Regards, Lyn

Kathy says:

Cute quilt! Great job at taking the plunge with stippling. Thanks for organizing the BQF, I had a great time checking out the other blogs.

Glad I finally found this delightful quilt. Reminds of coneflowers on a sunny day. I missed it about 10+ times as I didn’t see the additional posts below the BQF post. Love the pinwheels and secondary designs of hourglasses. Great way to showcase the fabrics. Thanks again for hosting this event.

What a delightful quilt, glad I finally found it. It reminds me of coneflowers on a sunny day. I kept missing it as I didn’t see the posts below BQF. What a great pattern, love the pinwheels and the secondary hourglasses. Pefect to showcase the fabrics. Thanks again for hosting this event.

Barbara says:

A wonderful quilt with such a pleasing color combination. Good job Amy.

Diane says:

Those colors are so fun! Love the pattern you designed and this fabric was a perfect fit.

Such a bright and beautiful quilt! I was truly looking forward to this fall Quilt Festival! I’m sorry that I had been so behind in my blog reading and missed it! But will keep a look out for your next one…one in the spring? :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Nat says:

Gorgeous quilt Amy. I love the color and the placement of each blocks. Lovely quilt for the Festival. I am really enjoying it, but have not seen them all yet – I’m glad they will be up forever – Hugs Nat

Vicki says:

beautiful quilt! Thanks again for another great quilt festival!

[...] shared this quilt for Blogger’s Quilt Festival, and have pulled together all the details and double checked my math before releasing the pattern. [...]

Tove says:

I missed your quilt during quilt festival. Where I liked the photo index I found the website names easier to keep track of where i was in looking through them.
    I really like thing quilt very pretty! it is a great spin on a traditional box.

Angie says:

I just love this tessellating pattern and the two different pinwheels one can see all over the quilt. Wonderful quilt, Amy!