Pretty Pieces

Posted on November 15th, by Amy in work in progress. 16 comments

What a nice, relaxing weekend!  I hope you are refreshed and ready for the week to come!

Early Saturday afternoon, I found opportunity to cut out a quilt top…then I decided to cut another while I was at it.  Starting is often my point of procrastination, so I cut them both!  Then couldn’t resist piecing them both.

On the left is the commission quilt in Lily & Will, and on the right is my next Moda Bake Shop project in It’s A Hoot.  Those HST’s on the left started as 2″ squares – so teeny and adorable!  Hopefully I can keep moving forward this week…things have been so BUSY around here!  I’m really excited to see both of these come together – I’ll keep you posted on my progress!

16 thoughts on “Pretty Pieces

They both look like they will be adorable!!

Brenda says:

Oh I love the colors in both cannot wait to see how they come together!

Tammy says:

Okay, I’m totally coveting the fact that you had time to not only cut out one quilt top, but another one, too, AND start piecing them together!

ENJOY! :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

Mary Ann says:

Thats exactly the place I often am stuck. I might have an half and hour here and there to sit down and piece but nothing ready to go! Looking forward to seeing the reveal on both of these quilts.

randi says:

looking forward to seeing your finished products!

i started cutting out my pillow talk swap pieces last night but stopped after about 5 minutes. it was just too late and i needed to go to bed. hopefully tonight….:)

Mickey says:

Oh , very pretty ; can’t wait to see the finished quilts ! I FINALLY got 2 more done for Christmas presents ; have to take them today to my quilting lady !!!! yay !

Nancy says:

Good idea. Must feel good to have that much started.

Terriaw says:

It was a great weekend, wasn’t it. I love your pretty pieces! Such a great idea to get a jump-start on a couple quilt projects – cut out both at the same time. Cutting is not my favorite part, so I like to have a couple projects cut like this. Can’t wait to see more of your piecing!

Lindsay says:

oh how exciting! both quilts I am sure will look great!! can’t wait to see them completed!!!

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by amanda, Amy Ellis. Amy Ellis said: Pretty Pieces http://bit.ly/bCIhjB […]

Lisa Mason says:

Wow! So productive. Love the “it’s a hoot fabric.” Can’t wait to see the progress.

Susan Ingle says:

I love that lily & will fabric! so subtle, soft, and beautiful.

Pam says:

Hi Amy!

Wow, those quilts are going to be gorgeous. I can tell by the fabric selection…So, so yummy!

Tracee says:

Oh I just adore the fabric on the left it’s gorgeous.

Munaiba says:

I’m using It’s a Hoot to make a baby quilt at the moment you can see the progress so far here:

[…] a precious and much anticipated new baby arrived!  This is the baby that I have been working on a commission quilt for.  To complete the top, I just needed to know her birthday…I embroidered her name […]