Beautiful Binding!

Posted on December 6th, by Amy in work in progress. 11 comments

Friday I got word that a precious and much anticipated new baby arrived!  This is the baby that I have been working on a commission quilt for.  To complete the top, I just needed to know her birthday…I embroidered her name and birth date in one corner.

Saturday, I found the right thread, and basted the layers.

Sunday I quilted, and attached the binding.

Now to get the binding tacked down, and ship it off!  This one will be hard to part with, I love the colors and the teeny bits of patchwork.  I’ll share a picture of the entire quilt, once I have finished it up and washed it.  (Tomorrow!)

Need a quilt?  I take commissions!  Email me, I would love to work with you!

11 thoughts on “Beautiful Binding!

Mary Miller says:

I’m going to take a guess. Is it “Remember Whooo Loves you?” I just finished a baby quilt in that pattern with Lilly and Will fabrics too!!!!!

trish says:

Good Morning Amy. :o)
    You baby quilt is precious. And such a charming touch to embroider her name and birth date. :o)
    Sincerely – Trish
    ps. Will we be linking to one thing one week challenge today?

I can see a wee bit of it, and it looks so sweet! I can’t wait to see the whole thing!

I just love Lily and Will!! I am sure it is simply adorable!!

teresamnj says:

From what I can see, it looks beautiful!

Terriaw says:

I do love the final step of attaching the binding. It can be so excited because you are relaxing and feeling the fruits of your labor.

Lindsay says:

thats one lucky little baby! such a cute quilt, can’t wait to see it all done up!

Vicki says:

ohh you are sneaky. It looks great, from what I can tell so far! I have to go baste a quilt now!

Kimberly S says:

Oh Amy, the colors look so pretty! Can’t wait to see it finished. :)

Beautiful! I was going to make a quilt for that precious little one, but I see she has one now :D Maybe a cozy blanket will do :D

Allie says:

It looks lovely! I use those clips for binding too – love them.