Lily & Will Commission Quilt – Complete!

Posted on December 7th, by Amy in finished quilt. 35 comments

These fabrics were begging for a traditional design, and so, I looked through traditional blocks to find the right combination for this quilt.  In the end I decided on these:

It looks as though it is set on point, when in fact it is not!  The blocks between the stars are four patches, with triangles in the corners to rotate.  The blocks finished at 6″, and the quilt overall is 40″ square.

I just love the colors in this group!

I quilted tight, around a few of  the stars.  I really wanted it to be comfortable and not too quilted for the most part, but the straight lines were not enough between the blocks.

The borders also got special treatment.  Swirls and loops to fill the space!

I am loving this quilt!   I had so much fun designing with these fabrics, they are beautiful and soft, with just the right balance of color.

I cut one more table runner while this quilt was in the wash.  I love my Go! Cutter – makes triangles quick and simple to cut!  What are you working on?

Happy quilting~

35 thoughts on “Lily & Will Commission Quilt – Complete!

Lovely! I’m sure it will be well loved!!

Andie says:

Very clever block! Colors are soft and sweet. I’m working on a quilt for my stepmonster who is ill. It’s my own design and I really want to finish it, but I can’t decide how to quilt it! Also making a dress for teen daughter – an upcycled, re-designed party dress that will be so stinkin cute!

Frauke says:

As I’m a “bright-fabrics-please” person, I might not have picked this line of fabric. But I absolutely LOVE this baby-quilt! It looks soft, sweet, inviting – gourgeous! So the young lady who will be the proud owner is going to be very happy, I’m sure ;-))

It is beautiful Amy!!! Those are some small pieces :)

Oh, I see the squares in between the star blocks… how clever!!! LOVE IT!

Jocelyn says:

Love it! The fabric and pattern go so well together.

I love the quilt! It is a perfect design!

randi says:

very nice, amy!

Michelle says:

It is so soft, sweet and stunning!

Mom says:

Love it!

I really like the brown and pinks in this quilt and your stitching to add the name and birth — really beautiful touch! I am sure that mom and baby will adore this quilt for many many many years!

Sarah Craig says:

It’s just beautiful, Amy! That’s one lucky baby!! And what am I working on? Three quilts for Christmas presents, a whole pile of mug rugs, and a journal cover…. plus maybe an iPad cover….. so I’m not sure what I’m doing here on the computer!!! ;-)

Becky says:

That’s really cute! How can you not love the pink and brown combo?

Candy says:

Ooh! What a pretty pink! Not too girly at all!

teresamnj says:

Wow! Gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful quilt!!!

It’s just beautiful Amy! I thought it was set on point! That’s so cool! I’m working on two more quilts before Christmas. One needs to be done ASAP because it has to ship. oy. Thank you moda for precuts!!
    Hey, do you think you could do a tutorial on borders sometime?? They intimidate the heck out of me! :)

Amy says:

I love it my friend!!! You know I have been eyeing this fabric line too…LOL

So cute! I love the colors and you did a really nice job. I’ve been working on an I-Spy blanket one for each of my boys. Hopefully I can get them done by Christmas.

Mary Miller says:

I just finished a Lily and Will baby quilt as well, but I am going to wait to give it to the family until he/she is born so I can embroider the name and birthday on the top. Such a nice touch!

Carla Louise says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love it! Great job!!!!
    Hope your holidays are happy Amy! Take care :)

Shannon says:

OH, I love this quilt – just gorgeous! I love anything made with Lily & Will, but this is stunning!

eileen says:

sweet adorable baby quilt. lucky baby. thanks for sharing have a great day

Colleen says:

Those fabrics are gorgeous! I love chocolate brown and pink…and blue….and green….and purple! You did a fabulous job!

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Amy Ellis, Amy Ellis. Amy Ellis said: Lily & Will Commission Quilt – Complete! http://bit.ly/gjWcEr […]

Allie says:

Oh Amy it’s just fabulous!! Love the colors and design. I’m working on secret stuff – can’t wait to be done!

[…] by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginFirst, thank you all for your kind comments about my quilt!  I love it too, and I’m so excited for it to loved, and used!  I had hopes of replying to […]

kate spain says:

b e a u t i f u l ! way to go amy! xo

lisa says:

have been busy trying to get gifts finished! uh-oh…a little late. I’ve made advent calendars for neices and nephews, christmas coasters for neighbors, and still need to make a back pack for a friend. Thanks for the chance to win the beautiful fabric!

Debra says:

Your quilts are beautiful. I found you this morning and immediately subscribed. I am working on baby quilts.

Brandy says:

For christmas I am making rain sticks and treasure jars for my nephews. A dolphins quilt for my son and a riders pillow for my brother inlaw. Busy Busy Busy! ^-^’

Susan says:

I’m not making anything for Christmas this year! We just moved a few weeks ago, so my goal for Christmas is just to have my new home in order.

Kathe says:

Your work and talent and all are just wonderous! Thank you for your inspiration – and Merry Christmas!

julie hahs says:

I’m finishing a handmade gift for my friend who is having a baby soon. Thanks for this!!

Carol says:

Your blog is very inspiring. While I love to work with textiles, I have a high level job that leaves me with less time than I’d like for doing creative activities. I’ve had a small quilt in the blocks stage for 2 months and I’m looking forward to the break between Christmas and New Year to put it together and maybe even quilt it!