Teacher Gifts!

Posted on December 22nd, by Amy in finished project, finished quilt. 14 comments

With our last day of school yesterday, I’m free to share some of the sewing I’ve been working on this last month!  Teacher’s are hero’s in my eyes, and my girls’ – they adore them.  Last year with the book…we baked cookies and shared, but I had really wanted to give something quilty.  So this year I’ve done it!

Freebird by Momo in simple strips, quilted with random diagonal lines.

Lollipop also in simple strips, quilted with random perpendicular lines.

Love in 4 1/2″ squares, quilted on diagonals.

My girls helped with cutting and layout of the pieces for each quilt, and Emmalie was particularly certain of which fabric group was for her teacher!  (that was lollipop!)

There’s more to come next week!  Enjoy your celebrations ~

14 thoughts on “Teacher Gifts!

Mickey White says:

these really are WONDERFUL gifts for the teachers ; especially since the girls helped you !

Tove says:

So cute what a good idea! They will like getting something they can use.

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rose Hughes, Amy Ellis. Amy Ellis said: Teacher Gifts! http://bit.ly/fz2YMM […]

karenkay says:

You did a beautiful job, and the teachers are very lucky to be the recipients of such lovely work!

Becky says:

What a cute gift idea for teachers. They must have loved them!

Lee Ann L. says:

These are cute! And, awesome Teacher’s gifts. :-)

Lindsay says:

Love those fabrics! Those are gonna be some happy teachers…

Carol Bowen says:

What an awesome teacher’s gift. It is nice to hear that some parents and children love and appreciate their teachers. This should knock their socks off!! PS My only regret is that I didn’t have your girls when I was teaching:)

Terriaw says:

Great gifts! The teachers are going to love receiving these, but I bet you really loved giving these.

Vicki says:

They look great!

Hector says:

Pretty. Thank you for the inspiration and have a wonderful Christmas.

Paula G says:

What lucky teachers

Jill says:

Beautiful! Your girls really do have lucky teachers. Merry Christmas, looking forward to seeing what you’re working on next year!

Allie says:

Very pretty – I’m sure they loved them!