Friends at Martingale & Comany

Posted on January 4th, by Amy in books, Modern Basics. 19 comments

In making preparations for our trip to Washington, I knew that a trip to Martingale was in order!  Having worked with these ladies to publish and now begin marketing my book, there’s been lots of emails, but no face to face meeting.  So we fixed it!  Grandpa volunteered to stay home and play with the kids while Joe, my mom, sister and I had a field trip.

Can you see the rain?  Ya, it was a very wet day!

Karen gave us the tour and introduced us to people around the office.

There are quilts hanging on all the walls!  This one is from Marie Osmond’s Heartfelt Giving: Sew and Quilt for Family and Friends just out last month.

We also were able to meet the in-house photographer and see where he brings projects to life, and always gets a great shot!

There was another wall, that he paints often to get the right color for backdrops.  Often, like every other week, day…whatever it takes!

We ended our tour in the book room, where returned books are available at a “steep” discount.  My mom and I each selected 5 titles!

For now I am anxiously awaiting the advance copy of my own book.  Honestly, I’m trying really hard to not be impatient!  Just over a month and it will be shipping everywhere – I’m a little excited!

What are you excited about!?

19 thoughts on “Friends at Martingale & Comany

Andie says:

How exciting, Amy! Best of luck with your book! I’m excited about some bag and quilt patterns I’m working on. I mean, so excited that I can’t think about anything else!

sherri says:

How fun to get to tour the publisher’s facility! Can’t wait to see your book!

Looks like it was a super fun trip!! Waiting is so hard, hopefully this month will pass quickly for you :)

That is so exciting! It’s hard to believe that one can publish a book without ever meeting this publishers. Looking forward to it!

Congratulations Amy!

I’m excited for you as well! It’s always wonderful getting an affirmation of one’s creative abilites. And to be so blessed with a book coming out… I’d be jumping out of my skin.

I’m excited about so many things. I’m in a new town, found a great modern guild, found a friendly LQS, and most of all — I have a grandbaby scheduled to make her debut in February!

What more could a woman ask for in excitement!

Cheryl Lynch says:

Hey Amy – Thanks for the inside view. I have a book coming out next week. It’s sitting in Martingale’s warehouse ready for the release date. I can certainly relate to your excitement. If you’re interested, I would love to include you in my book blog tour. the Book is Quilt Fiesta- Surprising designs from Mexican Tiles.

Tove says:

Verry cool!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait for the book to come out either I’m so excited for you and the family I know they will all be so excited to actually see mom’s had work in finished product.

Lisa Mason says:

Congrats on the book! So exciting!

Natalia says:

I bet is was so much fun going to see it all in action! I am excited for you and your book!!!

pam says:

Hey Amy!

How awesome is that! Congratulations!!! I look forward to purchasing your book!

hugz

I’m excited for your book to come out. I’m excited about all the possibilities this year has to offer.

Terriaw says:

I’m excited about your new book! What a great opportunity to get to see the inside of your publisher’s offices. Looks like a super fun day!

Andrea says:

Amy, that must have been so exciting to see the behind the scenes… you must be bursting at the seams with excitement! A month to go, we look forward to the unveiling!

amylouwho says:

I’m so excited for you I can’t stand it! I’m also excited for renewed motivation to get my act together. :)

Robin says:

Looks like y’all had a fun tour! It’s so sad– Martingale is literally down the street from me now, and I still haven’t managed to visit. I really need to to that!

I’m excited about sitting down and doing some stitching– getting back into a routine, post-holidays. :)

How very very exciting for you Amy! You should be so proud!
    I am excited about my granddaughter Audrey (and her daddy and mommy) coming to visit us her in Florida! She might be here tomorrow!

Allie says:

I’m excited for YOU, Amy – you worked hard for this, and now you’re going to enjoy the fruits of your labor. This trip was just the start!

amy smart says:

Amy! How fun you got to go meet everyone it person!! I am excited for YOU!