Modern Basics and More!

Posted on January 10th, by Amy in Inspiration, Modern Basics, moments. 18 comments

I hope you had a great weekend!  I did!  I spent Saturday being lazy in the morning, first week back to school was a little rough.  Then in the afternoon, I met up with Erin and her family, they were escaping the inversion (yucky air) down in the valley.  Finally, I went to Season of Home where Natalia has her quilts hanging this month, and had a chance to chat with her too!  I’ve grown close to both these ladies in the last year, we first met online (of course), but since Natalia quilted all my book quilts, and Erin is my partner/co-conspirator for The Sewing Summit.  After a busy Saturday, I spent Sunday getting laundry done (still not folded) and watching football with the family!  Lots of fun, and a little sewing mixed in.

Having gotten my advance copy of Modern Basics on Thursday, also Emmalie’s 7th birthday, it was a FULL day, and very exciting!

She’s a happy big girl, who picked the chocolate with chocolate frosting cake!  We had fun celebrating, and I was carrying my book around with me as we did.  I just couldn’t put it down!

Front & Back ~ It is available for pre-order here.

I’ve had a hard time getting nice photos of the inside pages, but you can view all 14 quilts on Amazon or Martingale’s site…they look better with the book in hand though!

—–

Over the weekend I also pulled out a few projects that I’ve been wanting to get to.  The list keeps growing, but there’s a few I want to get to this month before something else comes up!

These are piles of blocks from the SewConnected and A Notion or Two bees that I did in 2009.  I pulled them out of the drawer, I need to make a block for both of these quilts and get them into tops!  This month!

These selections of fabric need to get made into something too!  On the left is Bari J’s first line, Full Bloom with some shot cottons, I haven’t been able to cut them yet, maybe another charm quilt.  On the right my Amy Butler, Love, I’m thinking a table runner for MY table, and maybe kits for you to make your own…if I can part with it!

So, now that I’ve said it here, I need to get it done!  I’ll keep you informed on my progress.  And I’m planning a One Thing, One Week Challenge for next week, so we can all get motivated.  I hope your week is off to a great start!

Blessings,

18 thoughts on “Modern Basics and More!

Laura says:

Your book looks great! You are right to feel so proud! That is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!

jo says:

Looks great! And to be published what a thrill! Congrats….

Sonia says:

I am looking forward to your book. I can’t wait to see what you do with the fabric. I would choose chocolate with chocolate frosting too, your daughter has great taste.

Rhanda Johnson says:

Congratulations on the book, Amy! You should feel proud.
    And a happy birthday to Emmalie. I think she made a great choice for her cake, this is my favorite too!!!! (It looks so yummy.)

Beth says:

Sounds like a very busy weekend! Looking forward to getting my own copy of your book…congrats! Also looking forward to the One Thing One Week Challenge. Hope you have a relaxing Monday. We have a snow day here so mine will be filled with “can we please play video games?!” and “i’m hungry” and hopefully an occasional hug from one of my boys :)

Melissa says:

I bet it feels good to have your book in hand finally! It looks like you have some fun fabric lined up to play with. Enjoy!

vicki says:

Congrats on getting your book! That has to be such a good feeling!

Terriaw says:

How exciting to finally have your book in hand! Love the previews. It looks like it’s chock full of fun projects. Sounds like you enjoyed a busy and fun weekend! Hope you don’t get the Monday blues.

Wow, you had a packed-full weekend. I’ve had your book on order at Amazon for ages. I’m so excited to get my copy!

Tove says:

Can’t wait! My plan is buy the book at the LQS that says they are getting it in!!!! That way i support you and the the local store. Yeah, I’ll probably pay more at the local store then amazon but i’ve decided it important to support them to keep them here.

Natalia says:

The book looks awesome Amy! Congrats again! :)

pat sloan says:

I’m jumping up and down for you my good friend!!!!! Exciting news!!

Congrats on the book Amy!!

Jennifer says:

Congrats on the book Amy! Can’t wait to get my hands on one. And a happy belated birthday to Miss Emmalie!!

Allie says:

Happy birthday to Emmalie! [Good choice on the cake!] Amy your new book looks just marvelous – congratulations!

Lydia says:

Congratulations!! Just popped over to Martingale’s site for a preview. I think my favorites are the log cabin picnic blanket (love the soft colors) and the brown one with the squares in diminishing size (something about its gorgeous simplicity).

handmaid says:

Congratulations on the book!!!
    I really love the colorfull fabrics!!!

Candy says: