Crochet…can be addicting!

Posted on January 13th, by Amy in crochet. 12 comments

I’ve been working on a scarf for Joe, for at least a month, if not 6 weeks.  I started making short rows and going back and forth, but I was loosing stitches on the end with nearly every turn!  So I frogged it and started working long rows.

Currently I’m half way done!  It’s a nice project for the car, in front of the TV or when I just need a fiber fix!  I’ve really enjoyed working , and reworking this scarf.

For anyone that might want to know, the yarn is an alpaca tweed, and I did two rows of sc to start, then alternated dc with sc rows.  Simple ribs form on one side and the back side is flat.

—–

I was excited to see so many of you connect on Pinterest!

Happy Pinning-

12 thoughts on “Crochet…can be addicting!

Suzanne says:

I’m jazzed you found a satisfying project. :-)

Jennifer says:

Losing stitches at the end is ALMOST always forgetting to work in the chain three (or 2, or 1, depending on your stitch) that started the row below. Working in that stitch feels so weird, but it is right. I bet that scarf feels like buttah!

Carol says:

Looks warm!! When I want to go in “relax mode” I crochet. Just finished and adorable hat for my grandaughter I hope to get it posted by the weekend.

Lisa says:

That looks so cozy! I love a take with you project.

I could never do crochet correctly., I kept losing count on my stitches. That yarn is simply yummy. I love it’s tweedy goodness?

Jenn says:

I have made many crocheted scarves. The other Jennifer is correct, that chain at the end is essential for keeping it even – and the last stitch often looks like you are putting it in the side.
    I love using chenille yarn and big plastic hook for my scarves. It’s nice because you can’t always tell (unless you look closely) if you have messed up some stitches.

Kristen says:

It looks so cozy!! I wish I knew how. I practiced crochet with yarn and learn it was so easy to lose stitches. My son’s bear wears the scarf now so it is OK!

Colleen says:

I followed you on Pinterest yesterday! Am a little confused with it, but hoping to figure it out! Any idea how to find other people you know are on Pinterest or how to search for people in general?! By the way I LOVE your scarf…great color! I wish I knew how to crochet!

Allie says:

That yarn looks so luscious – I love alpaca!

Pinterest was fascinating. I’m waiting to be accepted, or whatever it is they do, in the next cuople of days! Thanks for pointing the way.

The scarf looks awesome. For some reason, all of a sudden I want to crochet granny squares. I think it’s all that tactile connection with the yarn and the bright colors.

looks lovely and soft, and it looks like it will drape very nicely! Great job!

pat sloan says:

welcome to the world of crochet…yarn addictions rock!