One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 6

Posted on January 17th, by Amy in Challenge Week. 88 comments

Good morning!  Today kicks off our challenge week for the month, I’m excited to see what you are all up to!

What will you challenge yourself with this week?

Amy's Creative Side

I don’t want you to be stressed out about this challenge, but I do hope to MOTIVATE you.  Finish something, start something, just don’t be overwhelmed by everything – One Thing!

You decide, what’s reasonable for you to get done in a weeks time, and tell me your goal in the commentsNext Monday, I will have a linky and you can link to your blog/flickr post, and show off your met goal!

—–

My goal for the week, is to sew this pile -

into a table runner for my table!  After making runners for Christmas gifts, I decided that I need one too.  My Christmas runner just comes out for the month of December and the rest of the year the table is empty.  I have the cutting done – shouldn’t be a problem!

—–

For those of you that meet your goal, you will be entered to win a matching table runner kit of your own!  I cut more than enough and will put together a kit of hexagons once I figure out how many are needed.

This is a sampling of the Amy Butler prints included in the stack of hex’s:

Post a button -

Amy's Creative Side

Motivate your friends too!

Have a productive week~

88 thoughts on “One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 6

My goal is to finish a quilt top. I know I can do it. Just gotta do it…LOL~

Caro says:

My goal this week is to get strip sets cut and sewn together for my postage stamp quilt.

Frauke says:

This is exactly the right time for this challenge, at least for me! For a swap I have to sew ninepatches made from 1,5″ squares … and I would love to get them DONE till next week. So, sewing those ninepatches is my goal for the next week!

Cindy Jo says:

I am hoping to get the pieces all cut out for my first attempt at a mini quilt.

What beautiful hexagons Amy!
    My goal for the week is to get my Mon Ami Schnibbles top together. I’ve cut it out and there are LOTS of pieces even though it is a small project.

Becky says:

I am hoping to finish one baby girl quilt and at least start the binding of the second one. We’ll see how this week goes. :)

Julie Fukuda says:

My goal is to complete all the log cabin blocks for a batik quilt, “round and round” begun in August.

Kristy says:

My goal is to finish squaring up my HSTs, and to decided if I want to make a small or medium sized quilt with them.

Kim says:

My goal is to finish just one of the two quilts I have started. I’m making Dr. Seuss twin quilts for my twins’ beds, so if I could just get one done it would make me get the other one done. Great challenge!

Colleen says:

My goal is to finish the block for Linda in this months Lets Bee Together. I need to first make a sample block of my original design, adjust for any problems, and then create her block. I think this first month of cutting into someone else’s fabric is hard!

Sarah Craig says:

Hi, Amy! I’m definitely going to finish at least the flimsy for a quilt for the quilt ministry – and hopefully quilt and bind it too – but I’m going to commit to finishing the flimsy for sure! Thanks for doing this!!

Suzanne says:

My goal is to finish a quilt top. I’d really like to finish the whole thing but I think I better be realistic. Then if I do get more done, it will be even better. Thanks for the collective spirit.

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kim – LucyJaneStudio. Kim – LucyJaneStudio said: RT @amyscreativesid: One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 6 http://bit.ly/hK7drX [...]

Deonn says:

I have three small wall hangings I want to get finished this week, just a dent in the pile. It is 6:46am and I have stitched on a binding all ready to hand-stitch. One down. Thanks for the challenge!

Tiffany b. says:

I hope to start and finish a child’s sized messenger bag with matching colored pencil roll and coin purse.

Oh, I have so many things I want to get done this week it is hard to pick just one. I think my goal will be to finish piecing my next Bake Shop tutorial quilt. I have gotten way behind on it :)

Jen says:

Cool! My goal is to finish my Faux Chenille Blanket that I’m almost finish with for my DD, then start and finish one for my 2nd DD. I found the Tut on Dana-made-it.com

Melissa says:

Thanks for the challenge Amy! My goals this week are to start a valentines table runner and finish the piecing for 2 pillow shams for my bed.

Betty says:

My challenge for the week is to come up with a design, cut fabric received for this top, and start the sewing. It is the brown bag top and I need it completed by March. I will be out of town for a week in Feb and I have got involved with the Senior Center here in my town so my time is getting less and less available to finish this quilt. First step is the most important, lol.

Beth says:

Perfect timing, Amy! And the chance at that beautiful fabric is just another way to keep me on track! My goal is to machine quilt my nephew’s baby quilt. Good luck to everyone on reaching their goal!

Kelly says:

My goal for the week is pretty small compared to most other people…I need to make a nursing cover to use with my newborn son. The goal is fairly simple, now just to find time to start and finish with a 2 week old in the house!

Lee Ann L. says:

I actually have several things I want to get done.

1) I need to make two blocks (5 & 6 for the Layer Cake quilt along.
    2) I need to finished cutting up all the 2.5″ squares for a Scrap Vomit quilt

Andrea Krauss says:

My goal is to finish my Boxed In Quilt made with Moda Lollipop. I am making it for my cousin who will turn 3 on February 6th. I need to get it done so I can get it mailed on time.

anita says:

my goal is to get all the blocks and strips cut out for the new quilts I am making. somewhat tedious so I need to stay with it.

and, get my swap blocks out

Sue says:

My goal is to finish the car mat that I’m making for my boys.

Marci Girl says:

I have a lot of little things to finish up this week, but the main one is to finish the 24 tooth fairy pillows I have been working on, take photos and ship those babies off! Wish me luck!

jan says:

My goal is to finish the T-shirt quilt top I’m making for my grandson with his dad’s old basketball T-shirts, and to purchase the backing. It’s a fun project evoking good memories.

Stef says:

My goal is to sew an hour a day:) And finish a new baby quilt top.

Gidget says:

I have the blocks all sewn…I just keep switching them around.
    This week I WILL decide how I want to arrange those blocks and sew them together!

Mrs. Hearts says:

I plan to finish assembling strip sets for a Postage Stamp Quilt. I’ve got seven out of sixteen sets completed.

Irelle Beatie says:

My goal for the week is to machine applique the 25 handprint blocks for the auction quilt I am making for my granddaughters second grade class fundraiser.

Melinda says:

I want to finish the basket blocks I am making from Soul Blossoms!

Jill says:

My goal is to finish “Little Boy Blue,” which needs about half the hand quilting and binding yet. It was supposed to get done last week…this will be my accountability.

TraceyD says:

My goal this week is to finish quilting and binding a new quilt for my husband, who is away at school. I plan to have it in the mail by Friday.

Jill says:

I just finished a holder for my nook and would like to finish a purse that coordinates. I need a new purse anyway because I noticed my old one showing some frayed spots after the last wash.

I saw a Valentine’s Day table runner pattern in an old magazine. My challenge is to start making it.

Rachel B. says:

My goal is to test a pattern for my sister and finish quilting the wallhanging that is currently under my sewing machine needle. Thanks for the challenge.

Kelly says:

I want to finish up 5 basket blocks so I can start to put the quilt together.

Denny says:

My plan is to finish the quilt top for the Fantasia quilt that I’m making. Thanks for the nudge!

Cassey says:

I would like to finish (1) a set of placemats (hopefully, tonight) and also (2) piece a version of one of my 3 yr old daughters drawings/scribbles into a doll sized quilt with an applique of her signature in the middle. This may be easier said than done as the only applique I’ve attempted so far were on placemats I made earlier this month. Should be fun to try though!

Sonia B says:

I am going to finish quilting my Bliss quilt. I need the basting pins for another project ;) Thanks for the motivation.

I am wanting to make a cell phone cover :-)

Teje says:

Hello Amy! This sounds wonderful! I would like to join! I have been making a ‘Picnic Play’ quilt and I think this may motivate me to finish it this week! See you then next Monday! Sunny wishes from Crete! Teje

I’m hoping to finish a quilt top and back…and maybe get it all pinned…maybe?

delia says:

I would like to make 3 rows of my wall hanging. I’m excited that One Week, One Challenge is back in action!

Brenda says:

My goal is to finish the last border on the never ending quilt that has changed sizes twice since I started it. Just wanna get it done and go on to daughter number 3’s quilt.

Leah says:

My challenge is to finish my sons quilt top! Ideally it would be to have the whole thing complete, but I still have kids to feed, activities to take the to, etc, as well as eating and sleeping. So I`ll settle for a completed quilt top.

Ali Z says:

I have two lap quilts to quilt and bind as donations for Quilts for Queensland. It is too hot at the moment for them to need them their but some of those areas get quite chilly in winter.

Hi Amy,
    This challenge is perfect timing for me!
    I’m attempting my first diamond baby quilt (second quilt ever). I started it yesterday (Sunday), so my week will run a bit shorter than yours, but I need to try to finish it before Thursday when I go out of town for the weekend. It really will be a test of commitment for me to sit down and put it all together without freaking out over how intimidated I am by what I perceive to be a difficult sew – but I’m about to start it now, so we’ll see how much of that fear is warranted.
    See how it’s coming along at http://triangleshirt.blogspot.com/2011/01/diamond-jack-part-one.html.
    -kim
    triangle shirt

I would love to catch up on my Bee Blocks. I have 2 to make.

Cathy A says:

I’m glad to see this again! I’ve got a pillow I started last night. Got it all pieced, now I need to quilt it and sew it into a pillow. It’s for my mom’s birthday on Friday, but since I often have been known to give her half-finished presents, I still need more motivation to finish!

Mama Mel says:

My goal this week is to finish quilting my first quilt of the year (I’m halfway done), and to start on sewing my strip sets together for a postage stamp quilt-along. Thanks for the extra motivation! :)

Tanya says:

My goal for this week is to finish hand sewing the binding to two quilts, a king sized quilt and a twin sized. I have a feeling my fingers are going to be sore!

Hi Amy and thank you so much for your timely challenge ! I have been a non-sewer for almost 2 weeks ! No reason except ……………….. I need to start AND finish 2 blocks ( 1 isn’t here yet , but will be …) for a quilt along and I need to cut out squares and bricks for a scrap challenge quilt ! I’ve been putting them off ( except for the one that isn’t here yet ) so it’s time to get busy . THANKS again ! maybe I will meet and exceed my challenge and accomplish MORE !

Karen says:

My goal this week is to make three receiving blankets and three burp cloths! Everything is washed and waiting….

Norma says:

I want to get my friend’s memory quilt loaded on the quilt frame. As a bonus I want to have the quilting “figured” out this week.

Jenna says:

My goal is to piece together my quilt-top for the Project Modern 2: Monochromatic Challenge! Challenges upon challenges!

Hope says:

I want to turn a fabulous embroidery I just finished into a pillow!

Leila says:

I will sew at least 5 crazy quilt blocks. Keeping it doable here. :)

Robin says:

My plan is to get the center of my current project quilted. I really hope that is a do-able goal!

Thanks for hosting this challenge, Amy!

michelle says:

I cut up my husband’s old t-shirts over the weekend, so my goal this work week is sew them all together into a quilt top. I will have to quilt it over the weekend. Now it’s official!

Actually I accomplished my goal for this week, barely before it was begun. I have been trying to perfect a pattern for a knitted hat (toque in Canadian) and after 4 previous tries at it I am happy to say, I have created exactly the hat that I have had floating about in my noggin for about 6 weeks now! Next up? tidy the sewing room.

Pat Hedrick says:

My goal for this week is to completely finish off two more AAQI quilts and to start a blue art quilt

Kirsten N says:

I have a quilt top that I made back in November so I would really like to finish off the quilt this week!

Miki says:

My goal for this week is to get the D9P for my friend to the quilting stage. I have most of the basic blocks put together and cut in quarters. I would like to get it on the quilting frame by next Monday.

Adrienne says:

I would like to finish the three mini quilts I have needed to quilt and bind since September. Two are basted and need quilted and all three need bindings made and attached.

I am working on my Mon Ami Schnibbles also and would like to get all 200+ HSTs done!

My goal is to sew together my strip sets for the p.s. i quilt Postage Stamp Quilt Along. They’re all paired up and now just need to get stitched up.

Shannon says:

Well I am going to try again. Each time I start and I don’t finish, but this time I will. I am setting my goal as getting the Be Mine Blog Tour Valentine’s Day Table Runner by A Quilting Life. I will get it done before Monday next week.

Andy says:

My goal for this week is to get my nephew’s quilt top completed! I sat and designed it tonight, and once I get the okay from my SIL, then I can begin cutting!

Beth T. says:

While I am tending to a dear, sick, old cat, my goal is to baste all of the English Paper Piecing hexagons I have cut out. The hexies are ready, my thread, scissors, needle, and pins are all in one place, and it’s a perfect project for quiet time.

[...] by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginI’m so excited to see so many of you taking the challenge on!  I’m happy to report that I pieced a table runner for our dining table last [...]

wendy says:

OK, I’m in! I’m going to finish knitting the little toy I’m making. I’ve started, then got bored and picked up something else!

Becki says:

With so much going on, I almost forgot to post this week’s challenge goal. My #1 challenge is to trim a bin of scraps into a stack of usable pieces for some planned scrappy projects. #2 for over the weekend is to (hopefully) help my step-daughter finish her senior quilt project.

Sandy N.- says:

My goal is to get my Fresh Cottons charm pack sewn into at least four patches so that I can make a disappearing four patch quilt. Thanks for the challenge!=)

I really like how you host these challenges!! This week I would like to make considerable progress in piecing my X Marks the Spot quilt top! It’s time to not be so intimidated by the design I am dream up and just give it a go! Beautiful table runner pieces!

I have started an applique quilt and would like to get at least one block completed.

I have started an applique quilt and would like to get at least one block finished.

Audrey says:

I need a challenge! I need to finish a dress for my daughter, and if there is time, a scarf for me!

Amanda says:

Well I have a set of placemats that I started for my grandma for Christmas. I finished one and gave it to her. I need to finish the other 5. They need to be basted, quilted, and bound. That sounds like a nice project for the week.

Carla Louise says:

I have an apron to make. I will challenge myself with that this week! It’s gotta get done! LOL!!

I am going to finish off my quilt top for my Fandango Posies quilt. I followed a pattern but want to add more around the borders to make it a bit larger with the left over scraps. I need to figure it out and get it done! Thanks for the inspiration!

LT says:

My goal for this week is to finish sewing together the 2×8 pieces of my sister’s throw into 4×8 pieces. This way I will be set on putting the 4×8 pieces together into the 8×8 blocks (once my sister decides on the color order)!

Kelsey Rose says:

My goal is to finish setting up my new machine on my new quilting frame, load a practice quilt, and figure out how to use it all. :D

Becca says:

I just heard about this challenge and hope it’s not too late to join in. My goal for the week is to finish (quilting, binding, label, fluff in dryer) a comfort quilt to give to a co-worker on Monday for her daughter. It’s just about quilted – I just need to finish assembling it (I did it using a quilt-as-you-go method).

[...] you ready!?  85 of you left comments telling me what you hoped to accomplish in the last week!  I’m expecting some great progress from all of you this [...]

[...] of all of this we moved, so the quilts got put on the back burner.  I read this blog about the One Thing, One Week Challenge and decided to enter…here is my first finished quilt! The Finished [...]

Claudette Nguyen says:

I’ve got seven out of sixteen sets completed. While I am tending to a dear, sick, old cat, my goal is to baste all of the English Paper Piecing hexagons I have cut out. I plan to have it in the mail by Friday.