Organic Fabrics

Posted on January 20th, by Amy in Inspiration. 19 comments

Have you used organic fabrics?

I’ve not yet, but I’m planning a project with this fabulous bundle of Nature Walk:

Michelle at Cloud 9 Fabrics graciously sent them to me last week, and I’m loving the soft hand and beautiful prints.

If you would like to better understand what makes these fabrics organic, and why you might want to use them, I found the FAQ page at Cloud 9 Fabrics super informative.

Now to dream up the perfect project!

What are you up to today?

19 thoughts on “Organic Fabrics

randi says:

i can’t wait for those fabrics to arrive! i love the look and the price. nice to know you like them!

Terriaw says:

I have been wanting to try the organic fabrics, especially some of these cool prints from Cloud 9, but they are quite expensive compared to quilting cotton. Not sure if I can afford them since I’m a student again. Speaking of which, I have a big sketch due for class tonight, so I will be working on that today.

ga447 says:

I am working on my charity quilts, I have the tops and I have some quilts that were started but did not finish. Some of the fabrics are vintage. Organize fabric (I am sure it is expensive but I would like to see and feel it).

Beth says:

What a lovely thing to get in the mail! I have no doubt you will do something wonderful with them! We have ANOTHER snow day here (#5!) so we are going to take the boys sledding…whoo hoo!
    After that I must work on quilting my nephew’s quilt!!! I want to meet my challenge :)

I’m working on a “challenge” quilt for an upcoming quilting retreat.

Natalia says:

They are pretty! I like your new logo on the pictures too!

wading moose says:

I haven’t used organics yet. I do love the prints you have there. Today I’m probably going to be working on my postage stamp quilt for the P.S. I Quilt Quilt along.

katie says:

I have used organic fabric by “Harmony Art” and love it! I think you can really tell the difference in just the feel, look, and drape of the fabric. I love Cloud 9 for their colors and patterns are so modern. Have fun with them!

Suzanne says:

I haven’t used organic fabrics yet…
    Today is a snow day here. Kids at home and hopefully I will get to resume my position in front of the sewing machine to meet my goal from your challenge.

Yes! I love the Cloud 9 Fabrics, not only did I order the swatches for inspiration but I have ordered her fabrics and some scrap bundles as well which I have used for baskets and bags! they are awesome!

Lisa G says:

Love those fabrics… they remind me a lot of Liberty prints from London.

Teje says:

Hi Amy! I enjoy so much even just seeing so beautiful fabrics! Designs and colours are lovely! You are lucky to start to create with them! Hoping to see soon your dream project!

Julie Fukuda says:

I used organic fabric at my daughter’s request on the back of a baby quilt. I could have made three more quilts for what it cost but she is happy and the baby loves the quilt.

Lynne says:

Gorgeous Colours and beautiful prints. Will be watching with interest to see your creation with these :-)
    Have a Great Day

Tove says:

That is beautiful material, nice a vibrant. it will be fun to see what you have in store for it.

Allie says:

Those are lovely, can’t wait to see what you’re creating! Today was visiting day for me, no sewing but good times with friends!

Elise says:

Love the prints! Yummy!

Those are beautiful! I don’t notice a large difference in the fabric while I’m piecing, but after it’s all together and washed, I think the organic fabrics are softer. They continue to get softer with each washing too.

[...] the organic fabrics I received a while back?  I had been staring at them, pawing them, waiting for the moment my [...]