SewConnected Quilt Top

Posted on January 31st, by Amy in work in progress. 12 comments

The blocks for this quilt were made by my friends in the SewConnected group.  We swapped fabric and blocks in 2009, and I just managed to sew my blocks up into a top!

SewConnected Quilt Top

I like it right now, and I hope to really love it once I have it quilt and bound.  Working with a collaborative group is a learning process, I believe next time I will have a better grasp on my fabrics, and what I am looking for.  It is really neat to see all the blocks assembled, and remember who made what!

I have closed the comments on the giveaway and will update the post a bit later with a winner.

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!

12 thoughts on “SewConnected Quilt Top

Suzanne says:

I really like the top. The blocks are all really different but the fabric ties them together in a good way. It’s going to be even better when finished.

Jessica says:

It looks great! I love the uniqueness of each block.

randi says:

i love that a group made this quilt. so fun to look at the personality in each block!

Beth says:

I think it turned out very nicely. A wonderful way to share your creativity with others. I haven’t done a swap yet…seems like a little bit of pressure. Looking forward to seeing it all washed up and full of crinkly goodness!

Oooh, that is awesome!

Jill says:

Very nice sampler quilt. Interesting color combo, not something I see too often. The golden yellow is nice against the blues.

Carla says:

I love this quilt…..although it is a sampler, it looks like a very modern quilt. I can see the darker blue as your binding!

Audrey says:

I really like all the blocks together, Amy! I still need to put all of mine together, but you are inspiring me to do that. The funny thing to me was that I had to really look at them and think about it to remember the one that I made. I think it was the pregnancy hormones at the time, but I tried to claim three of them in my head. I really like all of them together!

Marshall says:

I really love those colors! It looks amazing and I agree with the previous comment about dark blue binding.

Vicki says:

The blocks, and the quilt top, all look great! So what do you think you’d do differently, next time? If I did a virtual bee again I think I would seek out a group that encouraged improvisation or creativity each month. :) Maybe within certain parameters but I’m afraid I may have “wasted” my group’s talents by having them sew a bunch of squares together.

Angie says: