Modern Basics: Easy Quilts to Fit Your Budget, Space & Style

Posted on February 8th, by Amy in Modern Basics. 39 comments

Today is the big day!  Modern Basics is officially released!

I thought I would share a few pictures from inside the book, first up is my favorite:

I love big stacks of quilts, and they did such a great job with this pile!  All 14 quilts, in the garden, on an incredible chair!   There are images of all the quilts, if you can’t wait for your copy, here.  Here’s my introduction too:

I have to say that I loved working on this book, and I loved working with the staff at Martingale.  Everyone that I have had contact with or met has been great to work with and enthusiastic about the project!

Stay tuned!  I have pre-orders available in my shop, and will ship as soon as I have books in my hands this week!  Also, in the coming weeks I have a blog tour planned, and look forward to sharing more with you.

Blessings,

39 thoughts on “Modern Basics: Easy Quilts to Fit Your Budget, Space & Style

Congratulations on the book release! It looks wonderful – I love your introduction.

craftytammie says:

congratulations! i can’t wait to read it!!

Kasey says:

Congrats on the book! I love that stack of quilts, too!

Terriaw says:

Congratulations Amy! This is so exciting to hear your book is finally released! I love seeing this sneak peak, and can’t wait to look through it from cover to cover in person.

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by That's Sew Shawna and Karen Spahn, Amy Ellis. Amy Ellis said: Modern Basics: Easy Quilts to Fit Your Budget, Space & Style http://bit.ly/hU1B59 [...]

amylouwho says:

aaaack!!! You must be dying having it in your hands! It looks so pretty!!! Can’t wait to see it for myself! Congratulations! you so deserve this! (Is that enough excalmation points?!!!!!)

Suzanne says:

I loved your introduction and the idea that you only buy fabric for a project. I had a lot less stash when I did that and as I work through my stash, I’m realizing I like having less rather than more.

Yay for YOU !!! how exciting ; I’m getting ready to order it from Amazon.com !!! (my husband wants some books too !)

Congratulations, Amy! I posted your big announcement to my Facebook page. I have lots of fans who love to quilt.

Phyllis Wilson says:

I love that stack of quilts too. Congratulations on the book. It looks wonderful.

This day must be SO exciting for you Amy! Congratulations!

randi says:

congratulations, amy! what an exciting day for you. enjoy!

Congratulations! The quilts look beautiful!

I can’t wait to get my copy in my hands! I wonder when they will ship out from Amazon?

So excited to get this book. Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!

Congratulations! It must be so exciting to get to hold your book in your hands.

Cathy A says:

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting for you!

Jill says:

Congrats Amy! Such a well deserved honor for you to be in print! Looking forward to seeing a hard copy in stores.

Vicki says:

Congratulations! The quilts are beautiful and it’s gotta be such a good feeling to be at this point! You did a great job!

Natalia says:

YAY! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy! :)

Allie says:

It looks so gorgeous Amy – a big congratulations to you!

Amy says:

You’re my hero!!!! I love you!!!! I am SO excited!!!!!!

Heather says:

Awesome, I will definitely have to get myself a copy. Doyou ship to Canada?

Victoria says:

congrats!!!! I can’t wait to flip through the book!!! Looks lovely!

delia says:

Congrats on the book!

Michelle says:

Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment!

Amanda Herring says:

Yay! Amy, that is fantastic! It looks amazing. Not that I am surprised!!!

Hollie says:

Congratulations Amy!

Munaiba says:

Congratulations Amy.

Natalie says:

Amazon says that it’s temporarily out of stock… does that mean it already sold out from what they ordered? So awesome!

Carla Louise says:

Wow! Great job Amy! I love the photo!

Congratulations, Amy!! It looks like a total stunner – full of inspiration!!

manybooks says:

Congratulations! This book is going on my Amazon Wish list, so hubby can surprise me with it someday soon :)

Robin says:

Congratulations, Amy! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy and check out all of the happy goodness. :)

Jackie says:

Congratulations, Amy!! This is sure to be a winner!

Jackie says:

Congratulations, Amy!! I know that this book will be a winner!

WandaFish says:

Many congratulations on the book! It looks just the kind of thing that I need. I look forward to finding out more in your blog hop.

Woot Woot! That is a lovely photo indeed.

kate spain says:

Congratulations Amy! What an accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself!! Can’t wait to see it in person :) xo, k