Modern Basics :: Quilts

Posted on March 7th, by Amy in finished quilt, Modern Basics. 32 comments

I found a sunny day at last, and had an hour to spare outside with my quilts!

All 14 of them is a lot to carry, and get hung, but I’m so glad that I did.

Did you notice the new header?

This is a picture heavy post!  I thought I would share the name and a detail or two for each quilt.

Basic Ease ~ One block turned – great first project!

Tumbling Cubes ~ One block, minimalist.

1, 2, 3! (R) ~ Showcase favorite prints, without cutting too small. Wind Power (L) ~ Introduction to half square triangles.

Modern V (R)~ Dynamic contrast equals a great pattern. Basic Puzzle (L) ~ No blocks required, just cut and piece!

Posie Patch ~ Layer Cake friendly, and an intro to appliqué.

Graduation ~ No blocks here, cut and piece your top!

Modern Maze ~ One block turned.

Modern Cabin ~ Strip pieced blocks, in light and dark fabrics.

Twisted Bars ~ Fun block with scrappy possibilities.

Knotted Squares ~ Deceptively simple

Basic Postage (L) ~ Simplified even more with a jelly roll! Basic Puzzle (C)

Modern Mirrors ~ Alternating rows, makes a great pattern

There’s so many more pictures that I could share with you!  All of the quilting was done by Natalia, and it’s fantastic!  Natalia quilts via the mail too (hint, hint!) if you ever need something quilted by a pro.

Quilting details

More quilting

If you did not win a copy of Modern Basics last week during the tour, I have a few autographed copies available in my shop, or it’s available on Amazon!

Happy Quilting~

32 thoughts on “Modern Basics :: Quilts

Terriaw says:

Really love your new header! Love the photo shoot too. The quilts with the one block turned give such cool effects.

Suzanne says:

Your one block style really appeals to me. Doing the same thing over and over becomes meditative and feels great. I’m eager to see more of your quilts.

Carol Lewis says:

I love all the quilts hang together and they made an amazing header for you. I just ordered your book a few days ago on Amazon, it’s due to arrive this Thursday.

Amy,
    Your quilts are beautiful! The photos are wonderful and I feel very encouraged that I could make something that beautiful too. Thank you for all your efforts….I’ll be buying a copy of your book for my treasure shelf….my special quilting and needle art books.

Smiles,
    Kelly

ooohhhh ! nice header ! how ‘peaceful’ and soothing and comforting !

Lee Ann L. says:

I love the variety of quilts — each one is so different; and yet, looks easy to do!

Anita says:

I just saw your book in the shop where I work and it looks fantastic. Great job Amy!

karenkay says:

Really nice….I love the Knotted squares quilt!

Becky says:

They really are lovely quilts. Nicely done, Amy. I like the header as well.

Beth says:

LOVE them, Amy!!! My favorite is Knotted Squares with 1,2,3 coming in next. And I also LOVE the header!! Noticed it the other day and forgot to mention how beautiful it is!! Hope you have a happy Monday!

Jocelyn says:

Wow what gorgeous quilts. And I love your new header!

I love them! Do you think the puzzle one would look OK with prints? I’m looking for a pattern to make my 6-yr-old nephew a quilt & I like the puzzle one. I want to use boyish prints though.

Linda says:

Hi Amy,

I like them all, but I love, love, love Knotted Squares! Modern Mirrors is my second fave. Thanks for showing them for those of us who haven’t won or purchased them yet.

Linda

Alisa says:

Beautiful photos, beautiful quilts. Thanks for taking the time to show then this way. What a lovely book!

Nancy says:

Love these. Doesn’t look like I won the book so I’m headed out to buy my own. Thanks for the new patterns.

Natalia says:

Thanks Amy! You rock! It’s so fun to look at all of them! :)

Nice variety…you must have a strong clothesline or something to hold all those quilts!

Mary C in WA says:

I didn’t win a book that I know of yet. I’ll hope to get to SLC and see you to get one in June. Nice pictures in the snow. Hope it goes away by the time I need to travel through. My favorite is the Knotted Squares too.

cara cesarik says:

lovely! I want to snuggle up with all of those quilts.

Wonderful look and all your patterns Amy! They are beautiful especially with Natalia’s quilting! You two make a great pair.

I love the new look! My favorites are the solids… I’m learning to go for more simplicity…

Christy says:

I was lucky enough to win a copy of your book and can’t wait to get started! Oh, I have lots of ideas. :)

Debi McIntosh says:

Love them all!!!

ga447 says:

The quilts are so beautiful love all the photos.

Wanda says:

I am so excited! After much figuring and nearly all afternoon of doing it, I finally have my copy ordered! I already have the fabric ready for the first quilt I intend making out of this book – Knotted Squares!

Thank you Amy!

Lisa says:

Fabulous quilts! What a wonderful accomplishment. I don’t think I can pick a favorite . . .

Brie Henri says:

I was stunned, your new header totally threw me off LOL

I LOVE the tumbling cubes it’s so beautiful!

manybooks says:

FANTASTIC! What a lovely bunch of quilts – the header picture is wonderful! This book is for certain on my wish list!

amylouwho says:

I love the new header! And all the quality time you had with your quilts! Now, where are you going to keep all of them?!

Victoria says:

They all just look so good AMY!!!

Carol T says:

I just got your book in the mail today. Congratulations on it and l love the book.

Alina says:

Wow! I admire your quilts and your patience to make them. However, may I ask, what do you do with all of them after finish making them? I always ask myself this question before I make one and turn out I only had several of them made so far since I had limited space in my house.