Charmed Park Quilt Top

Posted on March 8th, by Amy in work in progress. 23 comments

I found some Central Park charm packs for a steal a while back, and bought three!  When I got around to using them, I couldn’t remember what my original plan had been (gasp!) but they were sitting next to a pile of solids, and they had to be put together.

I cut one of the charm packs in half, so each piece measured 2 1/2″ x 5″, and cut a variety of solids into 3″ x 5″ pieces.  Then I sewed them all together, and pieced the top!

There’s not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to the way the blocks are laid out, just every other and I turned the pieced blocks so that the directional prints made sense or colors weren’t too close.  Just a fun quilt top to piece!

Since the weather was crummy all day yesterday, I cleared my Tumbling Cubes quilt off and hung it in the living room.  Looks pretty good there too!  It measures 50″x68″ overall, and I’ve added it to the “Will quilt when I purchase batting” pile…I’ll let you know when that happens.

What are you up to today?

Blessings~

23 thoughts on “Charmed Park Quilt Top

Suzanne says:

I am learning a lot about how simple blocks can pack a big punch by your quilts, Amy. You have a great eye for color and design.

Katie Paxton says:

I love that quilt, the colors are great, I am going to try it soon.. Thanks for the instructions.

Cathy says:

Love your “will quilt when I purchase batting”. I’ve got one of those piles but didn’t know what to call it. lol. Love your quilt. It is a happy quilt. Hugs

jodi says:

Funny! I just read a blog a minute ago from Faith of “Fresh Lemons Modern Quilting” who made a similar quilt from the same Central Park line charm packs! Your and hers are both beautiful!

Sara says:

So beautiful! I have seen this done with white squares before, but never with solids…those bright solids are perfect and really bring out the prints!

randi says:

pretty, amy!

i am hoping to work on some aprons today. crossing fingers on that…..:)

Aimee says:

Such simple cuts; such a stunning design. Beautiful.

Connie says:

Really makes me think of Spring! Sometimes the simplest patterns can be the most fun.

Belinda says:

The solids really make it pop! I love your work!

You’re so clever!

karenkay says:

I love it ….looks geat!

Vicki says:

It looks great! I love charm packs.

Beth says:

Oh, Amy, I love it (as always!). I am working too many things. I am afraid to list them all cuz then I might just have a panic attack!! Happy Tuesday!

Pam says:

Good morning Amy!

I love that quilt…fabric is fabulous. :-) I’m taking a break from hand stitching a quilt binding. Phewww, not easy.

Have a lovely day!
    hugz

Terriaw says:

Love it! Such a great way to use charm packs without having another boring patchwork of squares. I have several charm packs waiting for inspiration, and this is perfect! Love your spring colors too.

Carolyn says:

Beautiful quilt top! I can’t wait to see it when it’s all quilted!

Elise says:

Happy quilt! Love it! Love you!

Isabelle says:

Beautiful quilt Aimee. The colors are beautiful and so is the design. I love it!

Audrey says:

It is so pretty! Now I want to go buy more charm packs!

Heather79 says:

Love it, Amy! You are an inspiration. I’ve been trying to find a sort of pattern to use charm packs that’s not a baby quilt. Thanks!

Cathy A says:

Central Park is such a delightfully colorful line–I just love it and it looks wonderful in your quilt!

Cindy Sharp says:

I love pieceing quilts when I don’t have to think too hard. How much fun is that? Centeral park was perfect for your plan.

Today I’m sorting through the paperwork envolved in running my own business (I’m a long arm quilter) and waiting for customers to stop by and drop off their tops. In between all of that I’m fiddling around and visiting all of my favorite on-line haunts.