Finished Quilt Tops!

Posted on March 17th, by Amy in Modern Basics, work in progress. 18 comments

I should probably share these on different days, but I’m too excited!

I have two tops from Modern Basics again – first, Posie Patch:

Posie Patch was made for my local quilt shop, Seasons of Home in Midway.  The shop is making kits available for a class that I get to teach, and HMQS coming in May!  We also set up a trunk show for the entire month of April, complete with a Open House/Book Signing on April 9, 2-5 pm.

The class will be split into two evenings so that we can work on basic piecing, and later appliqué together.  I can put you in touch with the shop if you are interested in signing up – just leave a comment!

I also pieced Basic Puzzle in Calypso Swing:

This one is smaller than what is made in the book,  I had the fat quarters from Mark and Cara and thought this pattern was a great fit.  I love it in prints just as much as the solids!

That’s what I’ve been up to!

I started a flickr group for Modern Basics.  If you have my book and make a quilt from it – share it!

Can’t wait to see -

18 thoughts on “Finished Quilt Tops!

Suzanne says:

I’m really enjoying all the different versions of the quilts from your book.

Mimi says:

Thanks for sharing… they are beautiful and I would show them off too!!

Terriaw says:

Love seeing your quilts in a variety of fabrics and colors! How fun to have the Posie Patch made into quilts for a class. Sounds like a perfect arrangement – piecing in one session and applique in another.

amylouwho says:

Love them! And that calypso swing is so cool.

Lisa says:

I LOVE your pink and brown quilt top, what a great combo of colors and prints. Your work is always so inspiring!

Sonia says:

Thanks for sharing your lovely quilts, they are so beautiful.

Miss Nancy says:

Love these quilts especially the first one shown. Great work, well done. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing day.

karenkay says:

So beautiful….I really like the calypso swing!

Becky says:

Cute, Cute, Cute! I seriously love the pink and black combo.

love them both !! when I make one of them I will add it !

Allie says:

Amy they’re gorgeous!!!!

Pam says:

Hi Amy,
    love the quilt! I purchased some calypso and really love the fabric; however, haven’t had a chance to cut it yet….maybe it’s too pretty to cut! I love what you’ve done with yours…nice!

hugz

Elise says:

Love the pink and black. It is so surprising! The appliqué is too too fun!

kathy harris says:

THe quilts are great. I especially love the pink and gray one. I am starting to see this color combination every once and a while and I like it a lot.

Tove Leggett says:

Goregous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have such a good eye and sew so quickly. Could you write your next book on managing my time better so I have time to sew!!!!!!!!!

Deborah in Atlanta says:

My eyes keep going back to the 2nd photo in this post. The middle flower almost looks as though it has a face…look below the large circle. You see one eye wide open and the other one is “winking” at you, the nose is the small rosebud and the mouth/smile is the leaves. The large circle could almost be a hat, and the blue dropping down beside it could be a lock of hair. It just jumped right off the screen at me, and I’m surprised more people haven’t seen it. Am I just crazy??? dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

Amy says:

I LOVE Posie Patch…I need to get your book. Hopefully I get paid this week ;)

vicki says: