Featuring Beth — A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Posted on April 15th, by Amy in Featured Quilter. 11 comments

It’s Friday again!  This week has flown by again, having the kids all home from school for spring break, the house is busy, but I haven’t had to run as many errands!  AND the kids have been getting along, in spite of the crummy weather (snow).  Thankfully, that means I’ve been working on my own to do list!  I’m so glad you all are excited about the next installment of Bloggers’ Quilt Festival – it’s going to be great!   Lots of stuff in store – stay tuned!

—–

Today Beth is our Featured Quilter.  Beth blogs at Love Laugh Quilt, and she has recently posted the fruition of generous bloggers…you will have to hop over and see what I’m talking about after you read her interview!

1. When did you begin quilting?
I began sewing as a young girl. I know I made barbie clothes and enjoyed using bits of fabric my mom had stashed away. When I was a little older I joined 4-H and had a real sewing CLASS! All the girls made outfits and we even went to be judged in another city. THAT was a big day for me! I have always been sewing. Dresses for my little girls, quilts and practical things around the house like simple curtains. Finally a couple of years ago I joined a quilting class and a quilt guild. I’m always learning how I can improve as a quilter!

2. Why do you quilt?
I quilt mainly to give to others. I LOVE giving my quilts away to special people and family members. As I sew I think about how much that person means to me and when I hand the quilt over I feel like I’m giving them a big part of ME! I also quilt to be creative. I enjoy the creative process so much!

3. What was your most recent fabric purchase?
I purchased some Alexander Henry fabric for the back of my most recent quilt. WOW! You can sure tell it’s Quality fabric. I’m becoming a little more discerning when it comes to the fabric I purchase.

4. What is your favorite quilting tip?
My seams are not always a perfect 1/4″. In fact…I don’t think I’m capable of sewing a perfect seam, so my sewing tip involves trimming! After sewing a block together I always “square it up”…which really means…”squaring down”. This way the quilt seams have a much better opportunity of matching up!! I have a great ruler that is 15″ square and use it ALL the time! I dream of the day when I can sew together a quilt block and it comes out the PERFECT size!…..But I doubt that day will ever come. ;) Wonky blocks are a real blessing to quilters like me!!!

5. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?
Inspiration for my quilt festival quilt came from daily life: School, kids, buses, teachers….. I had so much fun putting as much into the quilt as I could! It is a spontaneous quilt that really began with some orphan blocks! Orphans and leftover blocks are often inspiration enough for me!

6.  Do you sew other things?

I do a lot of practical sewing…hemming, making potholders, bags, pillows…you name it!

—–

Thank you for sharing Beth!  Your festival quilt is adorable – I love your bus and schoolhouse!

Have a great weekend -

11 thoughts on “Featuring Beth — A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Suzanne says:

Just love that school bus!

Nancy says:

Beth made a quilt for me. She may have thought of me while making it but I think of her with gratitude everyday when I use it. :)

Sarah Craig says:

Beth is one of my favorite people – she inspires me every day with her blog!! Thanks for featuring her here!!!

Beth says:

LOVE your “every day life” quilt! I can totally relate :)

Allie says:

What a wonderful quilter – so talented and such a nice person!

Rachaeldaisy says:

Beth is an amazing quilter!!! She’s always turning out the most beautiful quilts. Thanks for the interview, it’s always great to learn more about the people behind the quilts.

angelina says:

amy!! i love your quilts. i’d love to review your book also !!!
    http://www.nestajackson.blogspot.com. my readers would love you. xoxoxo

angelina says:

did my comment work? ..

Gaye says:

I love blog hops. This one about novelty fabrics is great. I’m always looking for fabrics to fussy cut for my grandmother’s flower garden which is an on-going, never-ending, do-it-anywhere project. Keep up the good work!

Birdena says:

Love to have a copy of Pat’s new book…that strawberry angle food dessert looks very yummy.

Pam says:

Beth, I love your quilts. I too will never make a perfect 1/4″ seam but I only sew for Family and friends and charity. I will never enter a contest because I love what I do and don’t need to be judged! It would take the fun out of it. Keep up the great work.