Featuring Renata — A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Posted on May 6th, by Amy in Featured Quilter. 9 comments

One more week!  Are you ready for Bloggers’ Quilt Festival?  Hope so – I’m getting close to having all the details settled.  In the week leading up to the festival, I will be featuring one quilter each day.  Today’s featured quilter is Renata from Wish Upon a Star.  I hope you enjoy getting to know Renata better ::

1. When did you begin quilting?

I began quilting when i had my first child, he is now 18, I wanted to make a quilt that he would love while growing up, and as we lived in a very remote part of PNG at the time, I had to choose the fabric while on a break in Australia, make up the design myself, and then learn how to put it all together by myself!

2.  Why do you quilt?

At first it was my children, but then I just loved the creativity quilting allowed, plus the fabrics were irresistible!  I love to see how fabrics are arranged into beautiful designs, and of course I find it very relaxing at least while all is going well

3. What was your most recent fabric purchase?

My most recent fabric purchase was from a local store, but I usually order online from the US, they have so many wonderful choices.

4. What is your favorite quilting tip?

Don’t worry if its not perfect, life is too short.

5. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?

I made this for my son when he was very little, and also this was my start in quilting, so it is a special quilt in many ways, I have learned so much since then, thanks to the many talented ladies I have met along the way.

6. Do you sew other things?

I used to make clothes for my children, and various things, lately its bags, little cases for make up or pencils, pot holders, really whatever takes my fancy at the time!

7. Anything else you would like us to know about you?

I am trying my hand at designing my own quilts, and hope to get a few together for a publication soon which will include my quilts, bags and some other little things.

—–

Thank you for sharing Renata!

Happy weekend everyone ~

9 thoughts on “Featuring Renata — A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Cheryl says:

I get inspired when I see beautiful quilts from new designers. The choices of colors, fabrics, and bold designs always peak my interest. Love the border on quilt #1.

Renata, your quilts are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Beth says:

It’s amazing the inspirtation that a child can bring :) Thank you for sharing with us and good luck with your designs!

Beth says:

Oh, Amy, I am totally NOT ready for the BQF. Hopefully I will have something to share. Thank you for all the work you put into it :)

Allie says:

Great interview, lovely quilts – love that one she made for her son! And YES I’m ready for the BQF – bring it on!

Julie K. says:

Renata you are doing a great job. The quilt you made for your son looks terrific. I love the dragon but wasn´t it too dificult to make the dragon ?

renata says:

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, the dragon was a challenge, but because i was so new at this i just did it!

Julie Fukuda says:

Those are so fresh and lovely. I like to hear other’s stories too.

myra says:

Great interview!
    Lovely quilts Renata! Best of luck with designing! 8-)