Confirmation

Posted on May 22nd, by Amy in Me. 45 comments

Today is my birthday!  I made myself finish up a good chunk of Quilt Festival responsibilities yesterday, so that I could have the day off from the computer today, and I’m so glad!  I’ve had a great day, celebrating with the family!

Over the last few years that I’ve been blogging I’ve often felt that I’m on the right path, but last weekend, at Market, was a huge dose of confirmation.  And I thought I should share here since this space and all of you have made this journey with me!  I really like this song, and have for a while, but lately I’m not relating to it as much as I have in the past.

I feel blessed to say that I’m no longer waiting, but that my real life has begun! My life as wife, and mom has been blessed each and every day, and with my creative passions being fulfilled…Life is GREAT!  All the work that I’ve put into my blog, writing a book and now planning the Sewing Summit is coming to fruition and being well received!   Not much more that this mom could ask for.  Well maybe a laundry/housekeeping fairy – hahaha

I’ve still got a bunch of goodies to share from Market, I really didn’t want to take away from the Festival, and so I’ve waited…this week, I promise!

Thanks for being on this journey with me.

Blessings ~ Amy

45 thoughts on “Confirmation

Sandy A says:

Happy birthday! Sounds like a perfect day to me. Hope you enjoy many more to come, too.

MoeWest says:

Happy Birthday Amy! It all sounds wonderful. I’m working on a quilt from your book today. I love how it’s turning out.

Molly says:

Happy Birthday Amy! I’m so glad you are in such a happy place right now. You deserve all the goodness you get!

Natalia says:

Happy birthday! :)

Kthleen says:

Happy Birthday, and Happy Quilting!!

Happy Birthday! Isn’t it wonderful when you’re hopes and dreams start actually happening! Congratulations!

Lisa says:

Happy, happy birthday Amy! Congrats on grasping the life you have and embracing the joy you have found! Kudos to you! Life is happening each moment, you just have to enjoy it and appreciate everything, “good” and “bad.” So happy for you!

pam cole says:

Happy Birthday Amy!!!! I am soooo happy for you …..

Allie says:

Happy Birthday Amy!!! I can’t believe nobody got you a laundry/housekeeping fairy for the occasion….sigh. Maybe next year!

ANDREA says:

Happy Birthday Amy! I’m glad you’re enjoying

Suzanne says:

Happy birthday, Amy. It’s a great feeling to love your life. Yahoo!

Michelle says:

Happy Birthday Amy! Glad to hear your life is great. You deserve it.

SarahB says:

Happy birthday Amy!

beth says:

You ROCK, Amy, and don’t ever forget it ;-) Thanks for taking us along on your journey and for inspiring me along the way. Smiles~Beth

beth says:

Oh geez, I forgot to say…HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!!
    I hope you were able to spend it with the ones you love most.

Julie Fukuda says:

I can only echo what has already been written. Thanks so much for dragging us along on your journey.

Jessica says:

What a great perspective! I’m often feel like I’m waiting for life to begin, too. Working full time with a little one at home and waiting for my husband to find a job so we can switch roles. I often feel like what I’m living isn’t quite my life, if you know what I mean. But, I suppose, if I’m always waiting for life to begin, then I may be missing what I’m living right now.

Jen B. says:

Happy Birthday!

Congrats Amy, what a wonderful way to feel, so happy for you! Happy, Happy Birthday!! Keep doing what you’re doing, we love it!

Lynne says:

Happy birthday – thanks for BQF; as a novice quilter it really inspired me! Unfortunately, I had to stop checking out the quilts part way through; I was being overwhelmed!

Elisabeth says:

Happy birthday, Amy! It’s wonderful that your life is so happy and fulfilled.

Eleni says:

Happy Birthday Amy:) May you life will always be filled with joy and happiness:)
    xo
    Eleni

Valentina says:

Happy Birthday, Amy! In my family we passed a by-law that states Birthdays are celebrated for 3 days– enjoy your days and thank you again from the bottom of my heart for organizing such an inspired and inspiring event! many blessings to you, and like we say in greek:” May God grant you many years!”

Teje says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Edit Takacs says:

Happy Birthday Amy! Greetings from Hungary. Thank you for conduct of the festival. Great job.

jane says:

Happy birthday, Amy, and congratulations on all your success!

sukie says:

Happy Birthday!!! My son is born on May 22nd. . he spent the day holding a barf bucket. Hope you had a awesome day!

LT says:

Happy Birthday and congratulations! We’re all looking forward to more of your thoughts and wonderful ideas!

Happy Birthday, Amy! What a wondeful place to be and for you to know it. You’ve dreamed, worked hard and are enjoying the rewards. What an inspiration! Thank you!

LoriD says:

I just had a birthday and feel the same way, but for different reasons. It is great!! Happy birthday!

Georgie says:

Love that song, and love that your’re so content with your life path! Another favorite of his is “Beautiful World” — he just makes me happy!

Cindy says:

Happy Birthday (a day late!)!! Your blog is truly appreciated and it’s great to read that your life is unfolding in such a beautiful way. It’s always good to hear/read happy things in a world full of craziness. May your blessings continue!!

Tilly says:

Many happy returns! Hope you’ve had a wonderful day,x

Happy belated birthday, Amy. You’ve enhanced my life, to be sure.

Hugs,
    Tina in San Diego

eileen says:

good luck amy! you certainly deserve good things for all the kindness you send to all of us who take part in and/or enjoy the festival. it’s also my little grandson’s 2nd birthday…he beamed everytime we’d say happy birthday to him and answer “older” when we asked him how old he was.

Victoria says:

Happy Birthday, Amy! Congratulations on all your much deserved success, and may you keep feeling that you are right where you should be, and may it always be a happy place of joy and contentment!

Marshall says:

Happy belated birthday Amy!

mommymae says:

i hope you had a great birthday, amy!

Pam says:

Oh no….missed that…please forgive me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Amy!! I hope you had a wonderful day! Heck, wishing for you a wonderful year….

hugz
    Pam

Kim Juilfs says:

36 years ago today I married my high school sweetheart! We’ve been dating since I was 14. Four children, four chilren-in-law, and six grandchildren later we’re still going strong! Thanks for the chance to win .

amylouwho says:

I love that song too. And I love that you are no longer waiting!

I guess right now, my real life is just super busy with little people. Soon my real creative life will begin, but for me, the timing is off right now.

I love having been here to see how much you have accomplished! It’s totally inspiring!

Happy Birthday Amy! And congratulations on all the good things in your life. You have done a lot of great work to reap those rewards :)

Dana says:

Happy Birthday and Thanks for taking us along. It’s been great.

rlbates says: