One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 8

Posted on June 20th, by Amy in Challenge Week. 78 comments

Wow – It’s been a few months since our last challenge!  I hope you all had a great weekend celebrating the Dad’s in your lives.  Our weekend was fantastic, with lots of fun for everyone – but no sewing, which means this challenge is perfect for this week!

Sidenote:  Just under 4 months in the countdown to the Sewing Summit!  Are you planning to join us in Salt Lake this October?  Visit us : for details!  I would love to meet you in person!

The Sewing Summit

Now to the task at hand – One Thing, One Week Challenge -

What will you challenge yourself with this week?

Amy's Creative Side

I don’t want you to be stressed out about this challenge, but I do hope to MOTIVATE you.  Finish something, start something, just don’t be overwhelmed by everything – One Thing!

You decide, what’s reasonable for you to get done in a weeks time, and tell me your goal in the commentsNext Monday, I will have a linky and you can link to your blog/flickr post, and show off your met goal!

—–

My goal for this week, is to sew myself a zip pouch.  I made one for Ella over the weekend (will share pics this week!) and I would like one for myself  - a quick purse for summer excursions.  I know this isn’t the biggest challenge…but it’s going to be a busy week!

——

For those of you that meet your goal, you will be entered to win a Breakfast at Tiffany’s Charm Pack.

Post a button -

(code is in the sidebar, down lower)

Amy's Creative Side

Motivate your friends too!

Have a productive week~

78 thoughts on “One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 8

Colleen says:

I plan to make three blocks for my Bees. Specifically the autumn tree block that is late!

I need to get a baby quilt made this week. I got it cut yesterday. Fingers crossed I get it sewed, quilted and bound.

Judy C in NC says:

I plan to finish cutting/sewing/making a backing out of 10-1/2 inch squares for my Criss Cross Applesauce quilt. Judy C in NC

Melinda says:

I am going to get new fabric and get my Skill Builder block done. My big goal for the week is to buy batting and get my X Marks the Spot quilt quilted.

Lynne says:

My goal this week is to test drive as many sewing machines as possible and hopefully buy one!

KristyLou says:

I’d like to complete the block for the “We Can Do It” sew along.

Sarah Craig says:

OK – I have three quilts that need binding. In a normal week, that’s entirely do-able – but this may not be a normal week, so let’s say that I will get one of those quilts bound this week!

MicheleDE says:

My goal for this week is to quilt and bind the baby quilt for my very first niece on the way!

Sarah says:

I would say finish my Christmas quilt, which means sewing the backing in place (I used the QAYG method) and binding, but I’ll be enjoying a few days out of town with my love for our 10th anniversary. So I’m going to pick something I can take with me, and that will be 2 blocks of embroidery. Maybe I’ll squeeze some of that in on the drive and when we’re lazing around without 3 boys. :)

Shout4Joy says:

My challenge is to finish up my picnic quilt from a block swap :) It is just a top and it needs to be quilted and bound.

Mennikelly says:

My challenge is to finish up 3 aprons for my daughter’s birthday party. She’s Ella too.

wendy says:

Arghh, I don’t know! I don’t think I have anything that I can finish in just a week as I’ve got a hectic week ahead, but I do want to join in. OK, I’m going to attempt to finish my Cross stitch

Tabatha says:

I don’t have multiple project on the go and after reading many, many blogs, feel like I’m the only one.

All I want to get accomplished is to straight quilt my very first quilt sandwich. It’s just a lap quilt but gee, trying to sew in a straight line is not as easy as it seems!

Melissa says:

We are camping all week, so I’m more then a little limited in terms of sewing. However, I have a plan. I need to finish a messenger bag I started yesterday (this has to be done at home either today or Friday)and work on some crocheted pot holders. The pot holders are my camping project and my goal is to finish at least one :) Thanks for the challenge Amy!

Deonn says:

Good motivator, Amy! I’ve been dreming about quilting all night, and want to get just one quilt quilted for myself this week. Some of my quilt tops have been waiting for the quilter (me) to get to them for six years! So, even though I have a pretty full schedule of quilting for clients, I just need a few extra hours to finish one just for me. I think I can do it! Thanks!

De says:

I love a challenge with NO pressure!! ;) I have severe tendinitis in my right hand from sewing too much after surgery BUT I am going to try and finish a baby quilt that needs to be quilted and bound for my etsy store!! Have a great week everyone!!

Karyn Ashley-Smith says:

LOVE Breakfast at Tiffanys and don’t own ANY…so that is a great motivator for me! I just got The Farmer’s Wife book for the Quilt Along and I am a few weeks behind…. I’m aiming for 8 blocks.

Megan says:

My goal is to finish quilting a coin quilt top from a Buttercup charm pack. I’ve got a good 3 hours or so of quilting left. Mmmm, Breakfast at Tiffany’s – I think that might be one of my all-time favorite Fig Tree lines. THANKS for hosting this challenge!

Debbie says:

I’m going to try & get my bee/swap projects well underway.

What would be a good resource for zip bags for a beginner? I’d be interested in trying, but not quite sure where to start….

I NEED to finish binding a charity quilt for Quilts for Kids. And I NEED to finish a top on the longarm frame waiting for quilting. But I’d LIKE to also finish a rag blanket I started last week for a Christmas present. So I have three goals for the week!!

Nancy says:

I plan to quilt the finished top for my son’s quilt. It will be straight stitched with the walking foot, so not to time consuming.

Wendi says:

I received two small quilt kits as a gift, so I will work on them and finish up on a knitted baby hat for a new little one. I will be out of town most of the week, so this is huge for me. Great challenge.

Denny says:

I’m going to work on a hand sewing project and see how much I get done.

Becky says:

I need this. I want to complete the quilt top to my lady bug quilt.

Lynda says:

I have never paper pieced a block before and I have a pattern that I plan to try this week – colorwheel geese.

I have finished a baby quilt top and I need to baste and quilt it! I think I can finish this week. Thanks for the challenge!

Kathleen says:

My goal is to get the kit I bought from the Stitchen’ Post started and done (including the quilting and binding)….simple, but I am also packing this week;)
    Happy Quilting!!

I just blogged on my site about my goals for the week. I really want to finish my organizational project for my sewing room. I started it on Friday and I would really like to have it done by next Monday. My sewing room is out of control right now!!!

Here is a link to my list of things I want to accomplish, #1 is my most important: http://loveaffairwithmybrother.blogspot.com/2011/06/make-list-monday.html

Bethany says:

I finished a quick baby quilt top last night and my goal is to baste, quilt and bind it this week! :)

Lindsay says:

I’m going to finish my bottled rainbows quilt this week–all blocks are done, and almost ready to add backing and binding. :)

ok, I will play, but my goal is really weak. Mr. Romance and I are going away for our anniversary on Wednesday, so my goal is to cut my charm squares and send them out for the Spoonflower fabric swap. That’s it!

I plan on finishing binding my mystery quilt and finish quilting my granddaughter’s princess quilt.

Tiffany says:

I just cut out fabric for two matching baby quilts (we are having twins). My goal this week is to finish the blocks for at least one of them. Let’s hope that I don’t get sick this week! I really want to spend some time sewing!

LT says:

I want to at least get started, but hopefully finish an ipad cover/stand that I promised a friend 2 months ago. Thanks for providing the challenge!

Alli says:

My goals for this week are to make my skillbuilder block and to make a big mom bag that my aunty asked for. Thanks for the fun challenge!

Lotti says:

My challenge is to make/ finish 3 presents for some of the little people in our life

I am going to make myself two stuffed frogs. Realistically, they’re probably going to be taken over by the children. But I need a quicky project that’s not going to frustrate me!!

Christy says:

My plan for the week is to baste and quilt a picnic blanket that I’ve been working on. If I can get the binding done too, that’ll just be icing on the cake!

M-R says:

Sounds like a great idea so I’m in! I need to make a lunch bag for my son’s teacher.

jil says:

I need to finish quickly an appliqued bag for my friend that needs to be done by the 29th, so this sounds like a great challenge to help me accomplish it asap. Great motivation, Amy.

Betty says:

I would like to finish piecing together my elephant quilt top.
    But, first, I have to find where I have kept it for safe keeping, lol.
    BK

Kirsten says:

I plan to finish the borders on the signature quilt and get it ready to sandwich (getting it sandwiched would be the icing in the cake).

Cheers, K

Ashley says:

I’d really like to finish the binding on my baby blanket. I used silk for the backing and its proving to be trickier than I thought at first. Thanks for providing a reason to get motivated again :)

Sue says:

My challenge is to finish a denim jumper for me to wear!

janita says:

my goal for the week, make two star blocks for the back of a charity quilt so that I can get it sandwiched. thanks for the motivation, It needs to be finished July 14 so need to get rolling:) Janita.

Andrea Krauss says:

I will finish my Birdie Stitches Block for June and a doll quilt I am working on. Here we go!!!

Liz says:

My goal for this week is to make myself a skirt, finish the blocks for my Supernova quilt, and start cutting for my Garden Fence quilt!

Barb in MI says:

Amy, thanks for kickin’ us into shape again and getting things done.
    Here is my ‘quest’: finish sewing the top of my scrappy Town Square quilt. Several rows still need to be sewn together and then the rows sewn into a top.
    I can do it! But sometimes I need a little ‘help’ and motivation… Thanks again!

Kudos for the contest and helping us to commit. I plan to finish piecing the quilt I started a few days ago (and that I won the pattern from here, on Blogger’s Quilt Festival)! It’s Star Flower, from PieceNQuilt. Not quilting, but just piecing!
    Hugs, and thanks for all you do, Amy!
    Tina in San Diego

Gwen says:

I really need and will quilt and bind my cousin’s baby quilt…. the baby is 10 days old already….. ugh.

Kelsey says:

I just finished the back for my do. Good Stitches quilt last night. Now I need to finish the quilting and the binding by the end of the week so it can go to its new owners before they move! Eep!

Daisy says:

I have several unfinished projects in my sewing room
    My goal is to finish one of those this week! Thanks for
    the incentive! I needed it :)

Etta says:

I hope to get the rest of the border added to the quilt top I’ve been working on. Life has just gotten in the way lately (broken garage door, clogged sink, painting the nursery) and I’ve taken a break from sewing.

Ann Marie says:

I want to finish my string blocks for RRCB, less than 10 to go!!!

hafza zain says:

I plan to make a tote bag from my stash fabric… quilted or not yet to decide!!

Beth says:

I’m in! My challenge to myself is to get my Grandma’s quilt all quilted (just started) and get the binding on. We have some ball games about an hour and a half away this weekend…should be a great time to get the binding done (don’t worry, the hubby will be driving)! Thanks for the challenge Amy. Smiles~beth

Kelly says:

Perfect time for a challenge. I NEED to make a baby gift!

Amy (NW WI) says:

I pulled out one of my oldest UFOs yesterday morning (Monday), and I’m DETERMINED to near its finish. What a great challenge.

Tammy says:

My goal is to completely finish the watermelon quilt I am making for my granddaughters 1st birthday.

I don’t know why but I signed up for the state fair quilt challenge and have had since September to decide what to do and now that I have finally figured it out I would like to get the top pieced.

Pam says:

I’d like to start and finish pieceing my Hugs and Kisses quilt top.

Brynn says:

My goal is to finish a quilt for my friend who’s moving this weekend. I have to finish this one in one week!

Irelle Beatie says:

I am planning to finish a quilt top for a picnic quilt for my daughter and her family.

Kirsten N says:

I would like to make some pillows for my nieces birthdays which are coming up soon!

I need to catch up on my bee blocks!

Suzanne says:

I would love to take advantage of your challenge to get a quilt sandwiched and quilted. Bonus points for me if I get it bound as well. Thanks for having a bandwagon large enough for all of us to jump on it.

Leah says:

My ONE thing I must finish this week is a retirement gift for a teacher from my daughters class. Its nearly done. Off to finish now!

I’d also like to make 6 other quick gifts for teachers.

I am working on my challenge ; however I forgot to post it here ! I NEED to finish a quilt for a quiltalong ; it’s POSIE PATCH from Amy’s book and the quiltalong is through 1 Choice 4 Quilting . and I need to cut out some fabric for another quiltalong . uh oh , that’s 2 things !

My goal is to get my new sewing room unpacked so that I can get some sewing done!!!

This week I’m working on cutting out blocks for a t-shirt quilt. I need to get them all fused by the weekend!

[...] – It’s been a busy week!  I can’t wait to see how everyone’s challenge is going, hopefully you have made some good progress on your [...]

Hi my goal is to finish my blocks for the scrapbuster bee this week.

delia says:

I’m catching up on my blog reading, and I’m glad I caught the 1 week challenge in time! My goal is to finish my X/O (aka liberated wedding ring) quilt top.

Hi Amy,

I wanted to let you know I met my goal. I can not post on Monday because we will be camping. I did post tonight and hope I can still be considered for the prize! Hope everyone else is having fun crafting!

SewSara says:

I forgot to post a comment, but I promise I read this post last week — and my goal was to finish my nephew’s quilt — and I did! :)
    I soooooo wish I could go to the Sewing Summit but I don’t think I’ll have the money :( – sad!

Carol says:

I’ve got so many projects started and so many in my brain to start! This week I’m going to finish a skirt for my daughter and finish a messenger bag I started for a friend!

Great idea! I have a Christmas Tree Skirt and table runner I need to finish–ASAP! My goal.

Gertrude Pierce says:

I would say finish my Christmas quilt, which means sewing the backing in place (I used the QAYG method) and binding, but I’ll be enjoying a few days out of town with my love for our 10th anniversary. THANKS for hosting this challenge! The pot holders are my camping project and my goal is to finish at least one Thanks for the challenge Amy! So, even though I have a pretty full schedule of quilting for clients, I just need a few extra hours to finish one just for me.