Weekend Sewing

Posted on July 6th, by Amy in finished project. 33 comments

Over the weekend, I did a little sewing.  I had wanted to make a better pouch for my new iPad, and I’m pretty happy with this one!

I didn’t have a pattern, just a few images in my pins on Pinterest that I used for inspiration, so that added a little frustration at a couple of points.  In the end, I am happy with my pouch!

The fabrics are some I purchased at Market, by Hokkoh.  (Thanks Sally ; ) )  I used sew-in velcro for my closure, no magnets or snaps allowed.   And it’s nicely padded with fusible fleece in both the exterior, and lining, and 2 layers of batting as well.  I might make another for a pattern or tutorial – if there’s enough interest.

For now – I need to catch up with the kids!

33 thoughts on “Weekend Sewing

I need a cute case too Amy! I would love a tutorial! Yours is perfect.

Suzanne says:

Looks good!

Mary Ann says:

This is so cute and my iPad needs one too. Love the hexagon detail too Amy.

Stephenie says:

I would LOVE a tutorial for that. I’m probably going to make one pretty soon myself!

Betty says:

I would be interested i a tutorial. I have made one but it did not have a flap. Think this would be nicer.

Miss Nancy says:

Very, very nice!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Julie Fukuda says:

I have been thinking about making one too. Perhaps that will be my next carry-along project.

Janet Rowland says:

Love it! Would love a pattern/tutorial.

Cindy says:

Would love a tutorial. Need something for my IPAD as well.

Amber Murray says:

I love it, I would also love a tutorial. Can you invite me in to pinterest. I would love to try it.

Kim says:

Yes please! I would love a tutorial!

Esther says:

Oooh! I would love a tute! I know a bunch of peeps with ipads and these would make great gifts!

Beth says:

Adorable…love the colors! I don’t have an ipad but if you posted a tutorial I would use it to make a couple for gifts. I know tutorials are alot of work though so no pressure from me ;)
    Smiles~Beth

Hallie C says:

I think you pouch is really neat! Yes, I would definitely like to see a tutorial on this one! Love the fabric!!

jan says:

love the ipad case–I made one for my husband in a dark gray that opens vertically, I would like to make one like yours–a tutorial would be helpful!

M-R says:

Love the case! I’d love a tutorial too. My black case for my iPad is too boring. ;)

Denise in PA says:

I am in need of an iPad case, so I’d love a tutorial!! Thanks!

Dawn says:

Its adorable and perfect! Yes something like this would be wonderful! And if you included the size of your ipad and then we would have the size you give in your tutorial we could figure out how to adjust sizes for things like kindles, etc!

Angie says:

Would love a tutorial :) My niece asked for a pouch for her kindle and this looks like it would work wonderfully. Thanks

Lissy says:

Oh, yes please! I just got a new ipad2, picked my fabrics, pulled out my bolt of fusible fleece, so now I only need motivation to pull it together.

Very nice. Now I just need an iPad…

Manda says:

This is gorgeous!

That turned out really nice! You’ll be proud to carry it around, I’m sure!

Lynne says:

Yep, I can relate to that – creating something without a pattern can lead to frustration; but, if it works out, ah, the feeling of accomplishment!

Connie says:

What a cute Ipad pouch Amy! Love the fabrics.

Margaret says:

Love the ipad cover and would love a tutorial. Got one for my birthday :)

Penny Dominici says:

I’ve been looking for an iPad pouch pattern. Can you post your pattern? It’s gorgeous!

Susan says:

Your pouch is adorable and practical. I would love to learn how to make one!

[...] – I will have a iPad/Laptop case tutorial available shortly – I have some math to do, and I need to make another one too. [...]

Amy I made a similar pouch for my Kindle using strips from my Sunkissed jellyroll. you can see it on my blog http://www.grammieq.blogspot.com I like yours a lot too. Maybe I’ll make another one. :)

[...] series, for more great travel bag posts click here!——Last month when I posted my iPad case, I offered and you requested a tutorial, and I’m so happy to make good on that promise today! [...]

Jenny Alvarado says:

I would be interested i a tutorial. That turned out really nice!