Pretty {little} Pouch Swap — Inspiration

Posted on July 13th, by Amy in Inspiration. 10 comments

I recently caught the swapping bug again, and signed myself up for three, yes THREE, swaps!  It’s a fun way to get to know people, and take on a small project for a friend.  If you haven’t done a swap yet, join flickr and start posting photos there regularly, and find some fun groups to join!

Today, I’m sharing some favorite pouches that I’ve found on flickr, to hopefully inspire my partner.  Really, I’m not hard to please, just needs to be pretty!

Pretty Little Pouch Swap - InspirationClick the photo, to see credits.

Looking at these fave’s, I realize how much I’m drawn to linen and patchwork, and patchwork in general.  So simple, yet so appealing!  And those frames are really fun too, but I don’t expect that of anyone.  Like I said before, I’m not hard to please!

I’m excited to stalk my partner, and make a pouch for them!

Have you swapped lately?

10 thoughts on “Pretty {little} Pouch Swap — Inspiration

Suzanne says:

I have a healthy fear of flickr right now. I would love to get lost in inspiration but fear that I’d end up in over my head. Thanks for culling some great projects.

Tabatha says:

Those pouches are adorable!

I’m not a huge fan of Flickr either. I’ve now got a Google Plus account(the next big thing)and am uploading pictures to Picassa instead, free storage!

vicki says:

Cute pouches! I just finished sewing for a local guild swap, and I am in DQS11. I don’t think I can handle more than that, swap-wise!

Shannon C. says:

Those pouches are awesome, especially one with the new york beauty style block in the corner!! I’ve never done swaps through flicker, only through some other blogs. How do you get started swapping on flicker? I don’t use it much, so I’m not really too familiar with everything. Any tips for someone wanting to get started there?

Pam says:

Yes, I love swapping! I’m swapping a block every month; just participated in a Paper Fairy Swap (pic on above blog) and there’s a doll swap coming up! It is so much fun to get a box and open it to a surprise!!!
    have fun swapping…hugzzzzz

Terriaw says:

You provided some great inspiration for your partner! Such a great variety of styles here. I don’t spend a lot of time on Flickr so I always seem to miss out on signing up for those swaps. I haven’t swapped in a long time, so I need to pay closer attention to get into some of these. Have fun!

I’m in the same swap and scared to death I won’t make what my partner loves!

Beth says:

How fun! And all of those little bags are so pretty. I may just have to start posting on flickr so I can join a swap one day. Hope your Wednesday has been wonderful! Smiles~beth

Pam says:

I like the Storybook collections

I think I’m addicted to flickr swapping too–I love the chance to make something for someone who appreciates handmade, and to also try something new/expand my skillset. Great inspiration set–have fun!