Pretty {Little} Pouch

Posted on July 28th, by Amy in finished project. 24 comments

This is the big girl pouch made in the same manner, as the bitty pouch Emmalie and I made yesterday.  I’m participating in the Pretty {Little} Pouch Swap on flickr, and really loving all the pouches that are popping up in the group!  I made this one with my partner in mind, and I’m really hoping that she loves it.

Pretty little pouch front

I had a lot of fun putting it together and adding the details by hand.  I spent an evening working on both sides of the pouch, this is the front, and the back is below.

Pretty little pouch back

Now I just need to find a few goodies to add to it!  I gave it a little gusset so that it stands up, and so that there’s more room for pretty things inside!

A few specs:

Fabric – Crossweaves, and Chocolate Lollipop

Zipper – 10″ brown (purchased here)

with Fusible Fleece interfacing.

I’m off to find something else to put a zipper in!  not really though – haha

24 thoughts on “Pretty {Little} Pouch

It’s adorable Amy – what a lucky partner you have!! The colors and fabric and design are all perfect.

Melinda says:

Very cute! I love how you added the selvage to the center.

Terriaw says:

Love it! Wish I were your partner – chocolate lollipop is my all-time favorite collection! I love the different patchwork stripes you put across the front. And I love the sweet handstitching details.

Suzanne says:

I hope your swap partner loves it because clearly you put a lot of thought and time into it. It’s wonderful!

Debbie says:

VERY sweet! Love the handwork on it!

Sara says:

Your embroidered circles are perfect,mine are so, so,but don’t you love hand embroidery?!! Such a cute pouch indeed—LOVE this.

I love the colors and all the handwork. Really pretty and lucky partner.

randi says:

so cute! i love the addition of the selvage!

Melinda says:

Really cute! I was just thinking this morning about making a little pouch for my niece who is starting school in the fall. Definitely some inspiration here!

Amy Newbold says:

Your partner will love it!

Lynn says:

Adorable! The hand stitching is the icing on the cake for me.

I may have missed it, but do you use a zipper foot?
    That’s such a cute bag!

Colleen says:

I love it. I think the little bit of selvage is a nice touch.

Alli says:

The circles on the back are a fantastic touch! And I love how you included the selvedge. :)

Heather says:

When you do the hand stitching do you go through all the layers? I’ve never do it before but have a project that I think it would be great on!

Beth says:

It’s great! THe handstitching is such a nice personal touch…sure to make the recipient very happy. Oh, I just got a little bundle of colorful zippers from zipit…love them and her customer service is wonderful! Smiles~beth

Teje says:

Oh, this is my favourite pouch! I love the patchwork, colours and the lovely stitching you have made! Really beautiful!

A very sweet little pouch! Love the hand stitching :)

VickiT says:

Awesome job. I really do love the way you’ve created the front. Very nice.

Kristen says:

This is a beautiful pouch!!

very nice ! love the selvedge ! I knew I was saving a few for something special ; thanks for the idea !!

so ; I checked after I posted and found out that I spelled SELVAGE wrong ! so I learned another thing today ! already !

Love the integration of a selvage edge. Very cute!

[...] Friday, I received some fun mail – remember the pouch I made?  This is the pouch, that my partner made for [...]