Doll Quilt Swap – Sent!

Posted on August 17th, by Amy in Doll Quilt Swap, finished quilt. 19 comments

Hi there!  Here’s the final look at my Doll Quilt Swap -

It measures 16″ overall, with each star measuring just 4 inches!  I used a variety of  green fabrics set off by Kona ash, and white.

On the back you can see my quilting a bit more.  I followed the lines I marked, and went around the center square a couple times to get all the “arms” of the windmill quilted.    I was so glad to see it come together so well!

I’m thinking up a larger version of this block/quilt – maybe it cold be a fun quilt along!?  Anyone want to practice paper piecing?  I need to get my kids back to school, but it might be a fun fall/winter project working with scraps.  What do you think?

Happy Quilting ~ Amy

ps – if  you are interested in getting involved in swaps – look for groups on flickr to join!  You can view the groups I have joined by checking out my profile.  Make sure you are active on flickr while you are searching for swaps to participate in, and have fun.

19 thoughts on “Doll Quilt Swap – Sent!

vicki says:

Gorgeous, Amy!

Sarah Craig says:

That’s a very cool little quilt, Amy! I love the movement in it!!

Wow, Amy, I love the quilting!! This is so stunning, and I love how tiny it is!

Suzanne says:

I want to hold this one in my hands and study it because I like it so! I’d definitely be interested in trying out this block with you.

Sara says:

windmill quilting is so creative Amy!! Adore this one.

Hope you sent this one to me Amy – very cute!

randi says:

so pretty! i love how the stars look like they are tumbling!

Carla says:

Amy, this is really a fun quilt…very impressive!

Cindy Sharp says:

Very nice…I’d be happy to have it come my way.

terriaw says:

This is SO cool! I really love it. I love the colors you used, and the quilting really sets off those stars. I would love to make something like this, so a quilt-along sounds fun to me. I would be most interested in this smaller size. You have a lucky partner to receive this treasure!

Kathy says:

What a sweet little quilt. Your partner is sure to be very pleased with this beautiful design.

CitricSugar says:

How cute! I love how you’ve alternated the points in your blocks – the illusion of motion…

CitricSugar says:

How%20cute!%20%20I%20love%20how%20you’ve%20alternated%20the%20points%20in%20your%20blocks%20-%20the%20illusion%20of%20motion…

oh, I just LOVE the movement in this quilt! And your quilting was just perfect for it! Where did you find the pattern? I’d love to make a full size version (with a little bit bigger blocks I think though!)

Kathe G says:

You are so clever — and so talented. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon says:

I love this quilt! And by the way I saw your book at Joanns today!

Beth says:

Beautiful! The quilting is so amazing!
    Smiles~Beth

Natalia says:

That turned out soo cute!

[...] the summer I paper-pieced this project – I would still love to make that block in a larger [...]