Pieces

Posted on August 22nd, by Amy in work in progress. 19 comments

With fall just around the corner, and my girls starting school this week – I decided it’s time for a new fall bag, for myself!

I spent a few hours over the weekend, cutting and prepping all the pieces for a Sweet Harmony Tote, by Amy Butler.

The hard part is done; now to find the time to sew it!

Have you made anything for yourself lately?

19 thoughts on “Pieces

Cindy Sharp says:

Isn’t it funny. So may quilters don’t have a quilt on their own bed….most don’t take the time to do something for themselves.

terriaw says:

New bags are fun, especially this time of year when life transitions from summer to back-to-school. I’m making a new zipper pouch to hold my sketchbook and drawing tools.

randi says:

i always love a new bag!

a couple of days ago i cut out an apron for myself. just need to find the time to sew! :)

Jenny says:

I haven’t made anything for myself lately but now I’m thinking about what I would like to make just for me.

Heidi says:

The quilt I did for the Bloggers’ Festival was supposed to be for me. Unfortunately, my third son commandeered it! I am hoping my newest project (a Hawaiian quilt pillow) stays in my studio. But not counting on it!

karen peachey says:

I sewed my first big bag this summer, the birdie sling! It’s huge & I love it, but it did sit cut out till I had time to sew it. Cutting all those pieces was a job in itself! I’d love to sew a fall/winter bag. Can’t wait to see yours!

Good for you for making something for yourself! I have yet to make a bag, but it is on my growing “to do” list. I love Amy Butler’s patterns and can’t wait to see your finished bag.

Jennifer says:

Made myself a Birdie Sling for the summer, and have just loved it. I’ve been looking for a bag that would work as a diaper bag. Loving this pattern, might have to buy. Let us know who it works out.!

Amy says:

I was just pondering a new bag for myself..also an Amy Butler pattern. Hoping I get the pattern for my bday :)

Melinda says:

Ugh! I’m supposed to be finishing up a new bag for my sister. She’s been begging since Easter, I suppose I should probably put the lining and binding on it.

Hallie C says:

Wow! You have been busy! It’s so nice to see you doing something special for yourself. We get so wrapped up in all our other projects and forget to treat ourselves, don’t we? I have sewed a little make-up bag for myself recently. It even had a zipper, which I had not done in years. Brings back frightful memories….

Please show us your finished bag, I’d love to see it!

Beth says:

Nothing for me. Good for you for taking some sewing time for yourself! Happy Monday! Smiles~Beth

Just started working on AB’s Cosmo bag for Travel Handmade! I’ve never done an AB pattern before….wish me luck! Love the one that you picked!

Lynda Brown says:

Yes. I’m working on an Asian inspired bag for myself. However, the next step is to quilt the fabric. I really need a walking foot before I can try that. My walking foot died a couple of years ago and I have missed it.

Sharon says:

Its a small thing, but I did make myself a coaster for myself last week. I just needed to do something for ME, and didn’t want to take the time to make even a purse right now.

Cathy A says:

I’ve always loved that pattern and hope to try it “someday”!! I got a little bit done on my Single Girl quilt this weekend…but nothing else lately. I feel the need for a new bag, too!

Eileen says:

What a darling bag. I can’t figure out from your pictures but it looks like different material in yours? It’s definitely beautiful fabric. I’m impatiently waiting for a bag pattern that will utilize my batik stash and may make for my dd and dil but mine comes first is time! Couldn’t sew for about a month because of back problems so am super anxious to get going again

[...] your favorite bloggers this October!Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginAfter spending time prepping the pieces for my new bag, I couldn’t let it sit!  Over two days I found the time to put it [...]

Nadia says:

Greetings from Tunisia! Just wanted to say that I liked your interview with Annie Smith and I’ve been enjoying your blog–such fun projects and cute fabrics.
    best, nadia