Pocket Pixies Baby Quilt

Posted on August 30th, by Amy in embroidery, finished quilt. 11 comments

A quick finish for a sweet new baby!

I actually haven’t met her, but I assume she’s sweet, she’s a baby girl!

I added her name and birthday in embroidery, and couldn’t resist tracing the fabric in thread.

I bound it by machine, so it can be used and washed again and again.  And generally had fun working with these sweet fabrics!

The quilting is random, and whimsical just like all the fabrics in the quilt.  I backed it with Kona Amethyst, and used three strands of rose floss for the embroidery.

I think my favorite part is the embroidery - what’s yours?

11 thoughts on “Pocket Pixies Baby Quilt

randi says:

very sweet, amy! those fabrics are simply adorable!

Suzanne says:

The finishing details make the quilt extra special.

Cindy Sharp says:

That fabric is adorable. How come I’ve never seen it before?

Your embroidery is wonderful, I think I would have outlined a character too.

What a sweet quilt! I do love the embroidery!

Jean says:

What a sweet baby quilt!

Pam says:

Amy,
    That IS a SWEET baby quilt…love it!

hugz

Patricia Price says:

Adorable

Dawn says:

Very cute quilt – that fabric is just adorable!

darci says:

very pretty, looks quick to make
    may i ask, what are the dimensions and do you usually make your baby quilts about the same size?
    thanks

Beth says:

The embroidery is my favorite. It adds such a personal touch to the already adoarable quilt. Sure to be treasured for years to come. Smiles~Beth