Accuquilt and My New Clutch!

Posted on September 13th, by Amy in finished project. 13 comments

I had treated myself to a new die for my Go! cutter about a month ago, but didn’t pull it out until this last weekend finally.  In the midst of making jam, and keeping the laundry moving (mostly) I was inspired to make this little clutch!  I decided I needed a clutch to go along with my bag, because going out for dinner, or running to pick up at school doesn’t always require the entire bag.

I pulled out some recent additions  and my 3″ finished HST die, and cut just enough to make the exterior.  Then had fun laying out the design. I love how the Go! cuts the triangles, ready to sew – no trimming, or marking required!

The trickiest part was making sure I had a mirror image of the lining, but it went together really fast, much like my iPad cover.  For this bag I used decor bond on the exterior, and fusible fleece plus decor bond in the lining; together the interfacings give it a nice shape without being too crisp.

It’s finished with a magnetic snap, and just the right size for my wallet, keys, and phone.  Exactly what I was looking for, and it fits in my big bag no problem!

Fun times at the sewing machine – I love a successful new idea!  Now back to planning the Sewing Summit, and all those details.  Bloggers’ Quilt Festival is also on my mind – who’s ready??

—–

PS – If you haven’t signed up for the Accuquilt newsletter you should!  Lots of great info in every edition, just follow the button below.

22 Free Patterns - Download Now

13 thoughts on “Accuquilt and My New Clutch!

Ooh, this is so cute – the diagonal lines formed are wonderful! And, I am READY for BQF!!!! :-)

Lindsay says:

sweet clutch! And another BQF… hooray!

Natalia says:

Cute little clutch, I really want to make myself a new bag! :)

Rebecca Lynne says:

I am new to the blogging scene but have loved reading about the Participants in the Quilt Bloggers Festival! I am psyched that this is a bi-annual event. Yay! Can’t wait… Hmm better get sewing!

Suzanne says:

Very cute clutch! I like how the HSTs came together. Seems like those accuquilts are pretty helpful.

Citric Sugar says:

Cute!!! Love the shape of it….

Citric Sugar says:

Cute!! Love the shape of it…

Audrey says:

Your clutch is so cute! I love the fabrics you used, and I am already plotting which quilt I should use for the Quilt Festival!

Love the design on that. Great job!

Pippa says:

Love this! Very cute, and wonderful colors.

Barbara says:

It looks wonderful. I have been thinking about getting the accuquilt cutter but am still doing research on it. Do you think the cutters will last? I am very interested in the die that does the rag quilt squares and was wondering how sharp they would stay with the flannel or even denim.

Meagan says:

I love how your clutch turned out!! And I am ready for BQF to begin! I may actually participate this time around :-) I made a quilt for my grandmother last year, that I would love to show off!