Sewing with Grace

Posted on September 26th, by Amy in Baby Lock, The Sewing Summit. 16 comments

I put in a few hours assembling and sewing these goodies over the weekend.  I’m so impressed with Grace!  She is happy to sew, sew and sew some more.

I went through 6 bobbins, half way through I decided to clean the lint out, and make sure she stays happy.  It was simple to do too!

The needle cover slides off, giving you access to the bobbin case, without a screwdriver.  As someone that can sew through 6 bobbins in half a day – that’s a bonus!  Also, notice the directions on the top of the needle cover – following the arrows, you don’t have to bring your bobbin  thread up before sewing, she’s ready to go!  And there’s a small blade at the end of the arrows so you have a manageable length for the machine to work with on start up.

Now with the bobbin case accessible, cleaning can commence – simple!  However, if you do need to pull out the needle plate, that is fairly simple as well. I had gummed everything up with the spray baste, so I pulled it all apart and really scrubbed (just like my kitchen floor/table!).

Here’s two of my favorite features:

Start/Stop button; removing the pedal, I can sew at the push of the button!  Out of habit, I did remove my shoe and feel for the pedal a few times, but it’s so nice to not have to use the pedal.  I especially liked winding bobbins with it!

Which is my second favorite feature :

The bobbin spool has a small blade to cut the thread for you!  I have always held on for the first 10 seconds then stopped to clip the thread.  This machine, just hold tight to the thread until it’s clipped, then watch it wind continuously.

There’s also, a needle threader, speed control, and 40 stitches.  I need to take some time and try all of the stitches out, there’s a few that are new to me!

The Baby Lock Grace is the machine that will fill the sewing room at the Sewing Summit in less than two weeks!  I’ve been given this one, to familiarize myself before everyone else arrives, and I’m to busy to sit  and sew.

Hope your week is off to a great start!  I will be BUSY, but everything is coming together, and feels great!

Hugs ~ Amy

16 thoughts on “Sewing with Grace

Sasha says:

I have a Baby Lock Elizabeth and I love it!! I had ordered the Grace at first, but then couldn’t resist the deal I found on an Elizabeth so I upgraded. It’s a really wonderful machine! They both have a ton of great features and the price was great :) They are also very beginner friendly!!!

Can’t wait to try this machine! Looks wonderful. :) 2 weeks and counting down!

Heidi says:

Glad you like it!! I just adore my Symphony. Quite an upgrade from Grace, but I sure adore all of my girls from Baby Lock!

So excited for you!

I am so excited eeeeeeee!!!

Vicki says:

How fun! I’ve had 2 different sewing machines that can sew with the push of a button, but I can’t do it. The only time I use it is to make automatic buttonholes. You guys are going to have so much fun! I think I’ll come next year!

Sara says:

Amy,

You reminded me to check on my label maker person to see when she will have my labels ready;)

The Grace machine looks like a beauty!

Amy says:

I love my babylock (Quest Plus) and also have loved the start stop button. It helped when Abbey first started too because she could get a grasp on everything else before she had to figure out the pedal :)

Jenn says:

This looks very similar to my machine. I have a Brother that I bought at Costco, and the bobbin cover & maker is just the same, I have a start/stop and speed control…every feature you mentioned. It is so much easier to use than the one my mom had since was a newlywed, and probably what kept me sewing when I picked it back up.

Valerie G says:

I recently bought the same sewing machine and I LOVE it!!! Thanks for showing me how to clean it out.

Colleen says:

I have a Sophia with all those features plus embroidery! I love her! You all are so lucky! I hope you do this again because I want to go next year.

darci says:

jenn- i was going to say the same thing, i also have a brother (that i dont love) that looks a lot like this one

I have a Babylock with all these features, and I just love it! Mine is not Grace but a different model. Would you believe I went a whole year sewing quilts without using my scissors at the machine? I totally love my Babylock. (Oh I’ve already said that.)

Jean says:

Looks like a great machine! the 14 pounds makes it easy to tote too!

I love my Grace :-)

Erinn says:

I just bought the grace but now I am worried. I read somewhere that multiple layers isn’t good for the machine. I am a starter at quilting, is the machine gonna be able to handle sewing the batting to the quilt?

Gayle says:

Finally i quit my regular job, now i earn decent money on-line you should try too,
    just type in google – bluehand roulette system