Pillow Talk Swap :: Outbound

Posted on October 25th, by Amy in finished project, Swap. 15 comments

Here’s what I had fun working on over the weekend -

Did I mention that fall is nearly over here in the mountains?  The trees are looking bear, and there is a definite chill in the air; as in I have already scraped my windshield a few times!

The fabrics include a wide variety of designer cottons, that I’ve been collecting.  The colors also happened to fall in my partners wish list for her pillow.  I quilted the pillow cover with straight lines, in a variegated yellow from Aurifil – I didn’t want to overdo in the quilting, since there’s plenty of pattern in the fabrics and piecing.

And it looks great in our living room too!  Explaining a swap to Owen (4yo) is a little  tricky; he really wanted to snuggle up on the couch with this comfy pillow.  I’ve already pulled and cut more fabrics for a pillow that will live here – hopefully I can execute my plan today!

What are you working on today?

Remember to enjoy the process~ Amy

15 thoughts on “Pillow Talk Swap :: Outbound

Jean says:

I’ll be firing up my (new to me) embroidery machine and seeing what kind of troubleshooting I need to do.

Michele says:

I love the fabrics in that pillow. Unfortunately I am working on house cleaning today. No fun but necessary. I may steal away into my studio for a couple of hours while little girlie naps.

suvi says:

I love your pillow! The fabrics are really nice, and so is the pattern. That pattern could be a serious scrap buster, hmmm… Knitting is te
    hh word for me today, I need to finish off a pair of socks for DD before our trip tp Finland. I also have a pair of octagonal pillows waiting to be finished, need to get them done before the trip as well!

Lynne says:

The pillow is absolutely gorgeous – you’d better make another one (or two or three) in a hurry!

I finished a cloth book today and am working on a donation quilt with a masculine theme.

Amy says:

I am working with Abbey on some placemat purses :) That pillow is beautiful…I love it!!! I always find the swap too late :(

Oh these are just LOVELY! What a lucky swap recipient you have!

Beth says:

Beautiful!! Swaps sound like such fun! I need to make a label for a quilt and figure the layout on another…probbably not much sewing today. Smiles~Beth

Sunday night I made the 1,2,3 quilt top from your Modern Basics book so tonight I have to piece the back to send it off to the long arm quilter. Love that book – this is the third quilt I’ve made from it :) Love the pillow!

Queenie says:

Lovely pillow, very fun, happy fabrics.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Amy Newbold says:

I need to get my butt in gear and get my pillow done too! Great pillow woman! love it

amylouwho says:

I love that pillow!! gorgeous!

I’m excited for BQF this week! I’m going to add the button to my post today. I think I’m going to blog about my first mini!! :)

Cindy says:

I’ve been making some traditional blocks today with my Pop Garden collection. It’s been fun play! Love your mix of fabrics in the pillow!

CitricSugar says:

Beautiful pillow! Love the fabric choices…

I’m working on Christmas gifts. Decided I wanted to sew for everyone and yet, this might be the busiest fall I’ve ever had. I’m very curious to see if I get it all done or not. :-)

Jennifer says:

Love that pillow!
    I’m making a little tote bag for my niece and trying to figure out this whole zipper thing. :)

Beatiful Work!!!!