Holiday Wish List for Quilters
Do you make a list for the people shopping for your holiday gifts? I have one in my head, but haven’t given it to Joe yet. (I should do that!) I thought today I would share a few ideas, some of my favorite notions and places to shop. Read on for ideas, and a giveaway!
2. Lapel Stick, this special glue stick, is so handy! Use it in place of pins when adding a zipper, or teaching your kids to sew. Makes a great stocking stuffer too! It’s original design is to quickly fix a hem, or keep the pesky strap in place.
3. Aurifil 50 wt thread has quickly become my favorite for piecing! It’s so smooth and soft, yet strong enough to sew at top speed! I recently found that the Fat Quarter Shop is selling individual spools, or if a set is more your style, visit Pat Sloan for a great selection.
4. Quilting pins from Clover are some of my favorite pins! If you have only used the 500 pack of pins, you are missing out! These super sharp pins glide through the fabric and stay where you need them. They are also strong enough to work with multiple layers of fabric and interfacing when making bags and such.
5. I’ve been using my micro tip scissors by Famore Cutlery for nearly two years, when my friend Kelly introduced me. The micro tip is perfect for so many applications – chain piecing to applique, you are set! And they are so sharp!
6. This set of fine Patchwork pins are so smooth. There’s no mark left in the fabric once removed, super sharp, and on the shorter side, to stay out of your way too!
7. After using, and loving the Micro Tip Scissors, I added the 4.5″ Rainbow Colored EZ Snips to my collection last month. And they are also fantastic! I’ve had my girls, willingly, taking turns snipping apart my chain piecing, they are simple to use and get as close to your work as you need to.
9. Also, Modern Blocks is stuffed with inspiration, and a great addition to your list!
10. Finally, a gift certificate for fabric is always a success. Visit these excellent shops to pick one up:
Now the giveaway!
To win, tell me about your favorite notion.
I’d love needle suggestions for handwork – do you have a favorite?
I’ll select a winner on Friday, December 9th, 2011.