Featuring Toni – A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Posted on December 9th, by Amy in Featured Quilter. 17 comments

Happy Friday!  Today I’m happy to feature Toni!  Toni is a relatively new blogger and quilter, but you wouldn’t know it to look at her quilts!  I hope you enjoy getting to know Toni better –

1. When did you begin quilting?

Technically, I guess you could say April 2011. That is when I made my first quilt all by myself, but I had pieced a few tops prior to that but always gave them to my mom to finish since I had no idea what I was doing.

2.  Why do you quilt?

I guess for the same reasons most people do…As a creative outlet, a way to make beautiful yet functional items, and usually it is a good stress-reliever, too. With three small boys and a husband who works a lot, retreating into my sewing room is about the only way I can get a little “me time” right now.  It’s also great to see my kids snuggled up together under one of my quilts.

3. What is your favorite quilting tip?

I haven’t really been doing this long enough to know too many exciting tips, but I don’t think the importance of accuracy can be stressed too much, whether it be in sewing your seams or cutting your fabric. And your iron is your friend!

kaleidoscope
4. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?

When I was first really getting into quilting and started blogging, Elizabeth of Don’t Call Me Betsy was hosting a Kaleidoscope QAL. I thought the design looked fun and a little challenging and I loved seeing the quilts everyone was putting together from it, so I decided to give it a shot, fully expecting to abandon it when I couldn’t get the blocks to come together correctly.  Thankfully that didn’t happen and once I got started I realized it would be perfect for my best friend, so I knew I would have to finish it.

5. Do you sew other things?

Yes! I love making all kinds of functional things like baby gifts, bags, curtains.  Whatever I see and think looks fun to make I’ll try, though as a general rule I’m pretty worthless at garment sewing!

6. Anything else you would like us to know about you?

I just started blogging in July and have been truly amazed and blessed by the people I’ve met and am constantly in awe of how supportive and friendly everyone has been. I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world and I would strongly encourage anyone who is considering starting a blog to just do it, or even just get more involved in the online quilting community via flickr or by commenting on other peoples’ blogs. If you put yourself out there a little you are bound to meet some great new friends.

——

Thanks for sharing your quilts with us Toni!  I have to add a “ditto” to your comment above on community – take the time to get involved, you won’t regret it.

Have a great weekend everyone -

17 thoughts on “Featuring Toni – A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Lynne says:

I have been a follower of Toni’s blog from “almost-the-beginning”. Thanks for helping me to know her a little better! Hi Toni!!

Cindy says:

I’m a follower of Toni as well. I can’t believe is just started sewing. Great work.

Debbie says:

What a nice surprise to see Toni featured here this morning! We follow each other, and I too, agree with what she says about community – what fun!

Pam says:

Hi Amy!
    Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! (couldn’t resist) … grinning and waving at you from a chilly Philly! It’s getting here, the cold that is and with all that has to be done for Christmas I still find the time to just sit and peruse blogdom! Lol, must mean not much is getting done. I am always inspired by your blog and this quilter is really awesome. Toni has accomplished so much in such a short time. Quilting is positively addicting! Awesome quilts!

hugz

Jacque says:

I so agree about the community that we have…I have so enjoyed “meeting” and getting to know other quilters since I began blogging. Thanks, Toni, for sharing with us – your projects are gorgeous!

Lindsay says:

Yay! I love Toni’s beautiful quilts!

Julie says:

i might have missed it? but what is Tonis blog?

Beth says:

Way to get off to a great start, Toni! Your quilts are beautiful! Happy Friday to all! Smiles~Beth

Toni is amazing, that kaleidoscope quilt is one of my absolute favourites! All her work is gorgeous :)

Flying Blind says:

I am a follower of Toni’s and hopefully she sees me a a friend now too – I blogged about her last night :)
    She’s fab!

Katie B says:

I love Toni! She is A+ Awesome.

Toni is the best – I was lucky enough to have her make me a gorgeous tote for Pay It Forward and it is fab. I still can’t believe she is so new to blogging and quilting – she makes such beautiful quilts!

NancyL says:

I like Toni’s style! Thanks for the opportunity to get to know her a bit!

Susan says:

Yea for Toni! Such a wonderful talent with fabric…and she cooks too. :) Great idea to feature Toni.

Kirsten says:

It is lovely to find out more about Toni – she is a fabulous and inspiring quilter and blogger !!

Marci Girl says:

So happy to see Toni here, her work is fabulous!

Queenie says:

The blue, gold and green quiltis stunning! I love the colors and the design.
    Have a great day.