Baking Day!

Posted on December 19th, by Amy in In the Kitchen. 9 comments

We’ve made a tradition of spending a day baking Christmas cookies, to share with neighbors and friends.  My girls are big enough to be a help too, so the day went smoothly, and very fast!

Baking day with my favorite people :). The other two will help in a little bit!

Early in the day, Ella was rolling balls of dough, then Owen covered them with sugar.  Emmalie and Sophia were outside  for a few minutes, when I remembered to take a picture, they always know when to come in for a taste test though!

We made :

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Chocolate Crinkles
Peppermint Fudge
Toffee Butter Crunch
Peppermint Meltaways
Sugar Cookies

Ginger Cookies, Plain Fudge, and Peppermint bark

Now I’m just hoping that everyone has slept off the sugar rush!  Poor Owen had a upset tummy, he must have been sneaking extra cookies while I wasn’t looking.

I hope you have a great Monday -

9 thoughts on “Baking Day!

Karen says:

This is a lovely way to instill the the importance of giving. And lots of fun in the process.

Jean says:

My nieces and I had a tradition of baking together. Just a good way to chit-chat and enjoy time while doing something fun and yummy!

Katy says:

Oh, those look yummy! (‘scuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard)

Jacque says:

What fun! Hope his tummy is better!

Mary C in WA says:

Your Cookies Make me hungry.. Smart Idea to Color the Sugar Cookies. I’ve not tried Peppermint Fudge. Care to share that Recipe?

Sarah Craig says:

It’s always fun to have a baking day! We used to do this with a group of young women from my church – I had a huge kitchen with two ovens, and we would all get together and bake all day, then split up the cookies! It was so much fun!!

Queenie says:

Such yummy holiday cookies… my mouth is watering -lol-
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Sherry says:

Hi Amy. I spent most of the day baking cookies too. Unfortunately, no little helpers. Your cookies look yummy!

Tammy says:

We tend to do all our baking over a day or two, too.

BTW, LOVE your daughter’s Packer hat AND the cat in the background :-)

Blessings,