Teacher Gifts

Posted on December 21st, by Amy in finished project. 15 comments

I left these to the last minute, BUT I sent these pouches to school with the girls today!  It’s their last day of school “for the year” as Ella likes to point out.

Teacher gifts, with Christmas cookies inside.

I had the girls help pick out fabrics for their teacher yesterday, and spent the evening paper piecing 6″ blocks.

The girls helped pick fabrics

I then just added a bit more fabric to 9 1/2″, and added fusible fleece for a bit of body.  I like the structure it gives zip bags, without stiffness.

Paper pieced

Each pouch has a baggie inside with a dozen cookies inside, a good sampling of what we made, without being to much!

Cheery and fun

I had fun making these, and love how individual they are, hopefully the teachers find a good way to put their pouch to use!

Blessings to you today ~ Amy

15 thoughts on “Teacher Gifts

Tove Leggett says:

Great idea Amy love it!!!!! The bags are adorable too!!!!!!!!
    Merry Christmas !!!!!! To you and the family!!!!!!!

These are so cute! I want to be your kids’ teacher! :) About how long does each take to whip up?

Tara says:

I really shoud have made something for our teachers.
    Sweet pouches

Queenie says:

What wonderful teacher gifts!
    Have a very Merry Christmas.
    Always, Queenie

Sarah Craig says:

Oh, Amy, those are beautiful! They’d be a treat even without the cookies in them!! Have a very merry Christmas!!

Suzanne says:

I agree with Sarah. the cookies are a bonus but the bags, ah–they are awesome!

Gorgeous! What lucky teachers!

Katy says:

What a fab collection, love the different paper piecings you used

Such super teacher gifts! I’ll bet they’re glad they have your kids in their classes! LOL

Hugs,
    Pam

Kim Brennan says:

I knew I should have followed through on that teaching degree!!! Beautiful bags…and I can think of a dozen things for them….are they big enough for my Christmas kindle? Have a Merry Christmas!

Joy says:

If I were a teacher I’d be thrilled with this gift! Super idea. Merry Christmas!

Love, love these! Lucky teachers! I’m impressed you got so many done in such short time. This would have taken at least 3 months for me to finish, ahem…

Jennifer Ashford says:

Super-cute! I’m sure they’ll love them!

Kay Lynne says:

Very neat idea for teacher’s gift! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!