One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 10

Posted on February 6th, by Amy in Challenge Week. 81 comments

What will you challenge yourself with this week?

Amy's Creative Side

I don’t want you to be stressed out about this challenge, but I do hope to MOTIVATE you.  Finish something, start something, just don’t be overwhelmed by everything – One Thing!

You decide, what’s reasonable for you to get done in a weeks time, and tell me your goal in the commentsNext Monday, I will have a linky and you can link to your blog/flickr post, and show off your met goal!

—–

My goal for the week, is to finish the piece I shared with you last week.  I never had a chance last week, and now I know exactly what I want to do with it!

Brainless sewing :)

—–

For those of you that meet your goal, you will be entered to win a collection of Power Pop fat quarters.  I’ll share a pictures later this week – I need to decide exactly which ones I’m willing to part with!

Post a button -

(code is in the sidebar, down lower)

Amy's Creative Side

Motivate your friends too!

Have a productive week~

81 thoughts on “One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 10

Jan says:

It will be a great week if I can finish the appliqué on one Lollypop block OR get 6-8 paperweight blocks made. I’m hopeful but the week is young! Who knows what distractions could be lurking. Jan

My goal this week is to write up my tutorial for making a snail trail block.

Jessica says:

My goal this week is to make a couple of things for my etsy shop, finish a skirt that is half finished…I am thinking up sooo many things I want to do but I need to be realistic right?!

leanne says:

thanks for the challenge – my goal this week is to do the final 5 wonky house blocks for a swap I’m in – I’ve been procrastinating on them for two weekends now ! oh and I’d love to do my december and january bom blocks that are now overdue as well :)

Em says:

This week, I WILL finish Leah’s mei tai. If things go really well, I will also finish Alisha’s!

Laura T says:

Woo hoo! My goal this week is to put the binding on my blue gradation quilt. I got it back from the quilter’s a couple weeks ago and I’d like to have it available for use!

imperamagna says:

My goal for this week is to have all the blocks sewn together into a flimsy… so I can move on to sandwiching, pin basting, and quilting this weekend!

Kate says:

My goal this week is to get my sister’s Hunter’s Star finished and out the door to the quilter. Reeeeeeeally need to get that done.

Moira says:

I’m hoping to make a laptop sleeve for my sister. I have the fabric, the dimensions and a bit of a plan – fingers crossed.

My goal for the one thing, one week challenge is to create (start to finish) five baby bibs from my first week of curves class at Stitched in Color. I don’t know how to sew a curve yet, but I will have this mastered this week and make the first handmade items for our bun in the oven (our first child, Due July 25th). Thanks for the motivation Amy!

Lori says:

Let’s see….. This week I would like to finish 2 ticker tape blocks that I am in the middle of. Then I would also like to finish two
    Blocks for my quilt bees. And get a plan together for what I am going to do for two different swaps that I am in!

sarah says:

My goal is to finish piecing the quilt top for my sister in law’s january 9 birthday. A little late :)

Amy says:

I need to get dd’s valentine outfit made…we will see…

Suzanne says:

My goal is to sew the blocks for my 36 block QAL that have been languishing for too long! Thanks for extending a hand on the bandwagon I needed to jump on.

I am hoping to practice and work on some basic sewing methods this week. HSTs. I need to find where a good 1/4″ seam is on my sewing machine. I know it is there somewhere…I will mark it, and then start sewing HSTs until I can almost do it blindfolded..and maybe have enough to start a table runner..this in preparation of having to make 200+ HSTs, ingredients for churn blocks….

annabelle says:

this week
    – v-day treats / cards :)
    – “another star block”
    – nail down the design for my mom’s lap quilt

KatieQ says:

With all of the attention on using scraps and postage stamp charms in blogdom this year, I decided to make a mat for the top of my dryer. It has some rust spots and scratches that I keep making worse by leaving detergent bottles and hangers sitting on top. I will be using muslin and 2.5 inch squares from my scraps.

Corynne says:

My goals are my nursing cover and finish the binding on my son’s quilt! I will get them finished, picture taken AND posted on my blog!

Ranch Wife says:

Looking forward to finishing my Made in Cherry quilt top this week and finish sewing the blocks together for my Western Many Scrappy Trips quilt. If its a good week, I may even get the binding made. Thank you for keeping me on track. :)

Sandy N says:

I need to scallop the border on a sample for my LQS and get the binding on. I dislike doing bias binding so it has been sitting here staring at me. LOL! I need the push to get it done. Thanks!=)

Dree says:

I want to finish my Made in Cherry quilt-a-long mini. I have started the quilting, so this should be possible. But I am also the chair of our cub scout silent auction, and that is Saturday. If I can figure out how to print on the carbonless paper for bid sheets, all should get done!

My goal this week is to do one fun, and maybe messy, thing with my kids every day. I also want to finish my do. Good Stitches bee blocks and mail those off. I like this challenge! Glad I found your blog and this challenge! Thanks!

Suzanne says:

My goal this week is to start and finish a couple place mats for my Secret Sister. And to get my sewing machine serviced – does that count? :)

Betty says:

I would like to finish 2 quilt swap blocks. I have a broken ankle and am finally able to put some weight on it. Hopefully can get into my sewing room and cut and sew.

Jacque says:

I’ll be so happy if I can finish a quilt top that I’m working on!

Barbara says:

I’ll finish binding the Sunshine on my Shoulders quilt.

Suzanne says:

I am going to finish piecing the top of my sister’s quilt together. I hope to have the whole thing finished before her 40th birthday in less than a month!

Jeannette says:

Need to bind, photograph and send a baby quilt for a baby who is due any day now!

Lisa R C says:

I don’t usually have several projects going on at the same time (I know, unusual for crafters but I’m an accountant at heart!) but I do right now for various reasons. My goal this week is to finish the hand-stitching on the binding for my first charity quilt and to sew the binding on the quilt (for my brother’s birthday). Doesn’t sound like much but there’s this pesky thing called a full time job…! Thanks for the motivation!

Janine says:

I would like to make something with felt.

Robyn says:

I have to finish my girls Valentines skirts. Along with projects I am making for a costumer. I better get to it.

Brittany says:

I have kind of lofty goals this week…I need to put the finishing touches on a knitting project today, then learn to do a FBA so I can make my Valentine’s dress and knit a shrug to go over said dress. Then, if I have time, I need to finish the embroidery on a Feb. BOM.

Hmm…I *might* want to get offline and work on all that…

Rachel B. says:

Thanks for the challenge, Amy. I hope to finish a lap quilt that is I quilted almost half of already. If I get that done, I’d like to get to work on my UFO for February and make a Valentine’s bunting.

Jean says:

My goal is to piece a small wall-hanging quilt. I saw a inspiration piece on Pinterest (go figure…LOL) and I wanted to just play with the concepts from that. Hubby’s supposed to be out of town on business, so it will be like a quilt retreat just for me!

Kelsey says:

My goal is to finish my top for my pillow for The Pillow Talk Swap. :)

Robin says:

My goal: finish a quilt! In the last challenge, I got my Whimsy quilt basted. Now it needs quilting and binding. This challenge comes at the perfect time. Thanks so much, Amy! :)

Missy says:

I actually have two goals this week. The first goal is to finish peicing the back of the quilt and the top of the quilt and start the quilting on Saturday.
    My second goal is to get the rust cleaned off of my new treadle sewing machine.

I would love to get the third heart for my Valentine’s Day quilt done and get all three of the hearts sewn together. Thanks for the motivation!

I didn’t do so well with the last challenge I gave myself, but I bet I will do just fine this time. This week, I would like to get a healthy start on my Forms of a Dress mini. Should be fun to let loose on this one!

Stephanie says:

My goal is to recover the thrifted chairs I bought on Friday. Not quite sewing. . .but fabric. Does that count?

Becky says:

My goal is to get the back of my baby quilt pieced together. I’m finishing up the front today. I have a scrappy plan in mind for the back, so it’ll take a little bit of more time than the usual backing.

Angie C says:

I would like to finish the binding on a quilt for a baby who was due a few days ago! :)

Katy says:

I have a rainbow windmill block cushion cover I’ve been trying to make since Christmas, this week is the week!

Rachel says:

My goal is to finish another Swoon block (#8). I’d love to finish two but that might be pushing my luck a bit ;)

Erin Marie says:

Since last week was filled with “hurry up and get it done” sewing, I’m taking a break from sewing. However, this week I WILL start organizing my fabric and getting it put away into the dresser I inherited from my kids. I also would like to get the dresser moved against the wall instead of it hanging out in the middle of the room; gotta make room for it first.

Leah says:

My goal this week is to finish quilting the quilt on my longarm. Then I’d be ready for St Patrick’s day!!!

Nicole says:

My goal is to finish piecing the top for the Tangerine Tango challenge!

nicke says:

ok, my goals… i have a couple. finish my made in cherry quilt… as in quilted and bound… finish my bee blocks for the month.

DeniseMarie says:

I’m a beginning quilter, so I’ve set my sights a little low – I want to get my first quilt back finished, and make up my quilt “sandwich” in preparation for actually quilting it next week!

Beth says:

Yay! I love these challenges, Amy! I need to get a baby quilt done I am making for my cousin’s baby…the shower is Saturday!
    Hope your Monday is shiny…we have some sun here today :)
    Smiles~Beth

Allison C says:

My goal is to finish a few burp cloths and bibs for my friends very soon to be born baby. And if I get really motivated a couple of special iron-on onesies with pictures of inside jokes, but I would be happy with the bibs and burp cloths to start with.

Jayme C says:

My goal this week is to finish a queen size quilt top that has been three months in the works. Thanks for the challenge!

My goal is to finish the pieced flannel rag quilt that is on my design wall. Totally finish…that means snipping and taking to the laundromat to fray.

Laurina says:

I will finish the FMQ on my crumb quilt. It’s halfway done already, so this should be managable.

Kirsten says:

My goal is to finish a mini quilt that I have pieced but not quilted yet!

Castle says:

My daughter wanted a brown and cream linen purse for Christmas. The cut out pieces are laying in my dining room. This project WILL get done this week!

Kate Brown says:

Wow! Everyone has huge goals. I am going to keep mine managable and make a baby quilt top for a charity that gives quilts to children. If I get one top done, will start the top for the second. : )
    Happy Monday everyone!

I’ve been setting myself weekly goals. It’s keeping me on track. This week it is to baste a queen sized quilt that’s waiting patiently and finish quilting my T quilt.

Lee Ann L. says:

My goal is to finish piecing the backing to the Layer Cake quilt. It’s on my design wall and blocks are waiting to be ironed.

This week I need to finish the runner I started for my mom’s birthday, which is February 18th, so that I can get it into the mail by Monday, February 13th.

Hugs,
    Pam

Julie says:

I would love to finish the top of my Christmas quilt. It shouldn’t take that long I just have to buckle down and get it done. Thanks for the little push and I hope I make it!

I hope to make some Valentine’s Day fabric baskets, or an apron, or pot holders, or embellish some hand towels. I wish I could do it all.
    I have a new sewing machine just begging me to do some sewing.

Have a great day!

Debbie

marilyn says:

My challenge for this week will be to complete the 2 cushions I started at Sewing Club last Thursday. Thank you for the motivation to work on them.

Brenda says:

My goal this week is to finish the 4 notebook covers that are in different stages of the work. Started all at the same time, one step at a time but now I just need to get them done so I can give them to my daughters.

Heather says:

My goal this week is to quilt my Christmas quilt. Its either a bit late for last year or early for next year, depending on how you look at it!

Nicole Gendy says:

My goal this week is to put the backing together and baste my Beginner’s Luck quilt. It would be a bonus to start quilting it.

Lisa Johnson says:

I hope that new people can enter. I need to make burp cloths for two new mom’s this week, at least 12. Had a busy week last week and behind on my sewing. Maybe this will help me catch up.

Karen O says:

My one thing to finish this week is the thing I have been avoiding – the binding on my sons quilt. It is my first large quilt, it is sewn on by machine, but now i need to finish it. I have a tool to help me with the corners, and once I do that, I can go to town machine sewing it on! That will be a first also. Thank you for the motivation!

hueisei says:

My goal is to finish at least 10 hexies flowers for my GFG quilt.

Beth T. says:

My goal for the week will be to finish piecing my crazy quilt–sashing, borders, and all. It’s supposed to be a surprise, and I can’t get my sweetheart to leave the house for any time at all so I don’t know if I’ll succeed. He was supposed to go on a business trip, but it was cancelled yesterday. Valentine’s Day feels awfully close!

STRESSED ?!? Whose STRESSED?!?!? I’m just like a hyperventilating chicken running around in cirlces not able to just zero in and focus on something …… ANYTHING and make some progress on something ….. ANYTHING !!!! (sigh) …..ok ….. deep breaths ….. I can do this …. ummmmmmmmmmm……. a teeny, tiny , teensy , weensy SIMPLE Valentine project …… YES …. that’s all …. just a simple little Valentine project …. that’s my challenge plan ….. ok …. yep ….. I’m gonna try and stay focused !

KristyLou says:

I would love to have 3 table toppers bound. They are quilted and ready to be bound… now i just have to do it. Thanks!

My goal this week is to quilt the top for Joyce which was pieced by Sarah.

Well, those two quilt tops that I finished for the last challenge have been quilted so this week I would like to finish them by getting the bindings done.

Alli says:

My goal this week is to make either one little boy toy bag or two little girl something (toy or purse) bags! :)

Alexis says:

I love the idea for finishing a goal a week! Mine is to finish an embroidery design I’ve been working on

Alexis says:

On a sewing note – I want to put borders on my carpenter’s star quilt this week

Mennikelly says:

I’m going to try to finish quilting my sister’s quilt and choose a binding for it by Monday.

I’m taking an online Curves course and have 3 projects to tackle this week! I’m hoping to get all three completed but will definitely have at least one done from start to finish for Monday!

My goal is to finish 3 table runners I started last week . And I have a few small projects to make for my m-i-l . Thanks for the challenge !!!

Taisia says:

I’m going to finish the blocks for my stargazer quilt. Motivation!