Lacking Motivation

Posted on February 27th, by Amy in bag, Block of the Month. 13 comments

This weekend passed me by, and I barely sewed a stitch!  I found myself with lots of ideas but no motivation to set things up and make progress!  Most notable, I know the bag I want to make.  I want to alter this pattern to make it better, and actually offer it as a pattern.  Now to get started!

I really like the bag, but after carrying it for a few months, I was finding little issues that I had with it, so I’m planning to make some alterations, and cut up some bright springy fabrics to make it!

——

With no sewing to share, I thought I ought to remind you to check out the BOM with Jackie!  Amy has a great tutorial up, really all the blocks have been great!  Join in if you haven’t yet.

Also, many thanks to all the compliments on my runner – I’m wishing you all good luck in the giveaway!

Happy Monday – Amy

13 thoughts on “Lacking Motivation

I feel just the same and no motivation is really annoying. Today I will sew, whatever it may be!!

Amylouwho says:

Im glad to see I’m not the only one who suffers from lack of motivation from time to time. Can’t wait to see your bag!

Mary says:

Boy do I relate to the lack of motivation…The “spring” allergy season is in full bloom here – it’s February for Pete’s sake! I have two baby quilts that need to be finished in March, so I need to get my “sewjo” back in a jiffy lol. Hopefully this week we will get some much needed rain to wash all this pollen out of the air. I can’t wait to see what you do with the bag pattern :)

Suzanne says:

I have so many irons in the fire that I’m not sure where to start! However, I love that you are going to modify a bag to make it just what you want. Good luck!

unikuu says:

same here. i have lots of clothes to do but no motivation at all.. boring..

Jacque says:

I have lots of motivation but no time! LOL Can’t wait to see the new bag!

De says:

So glad I’m not alone! I’m house-sitting and brought all my projects with me…nothing to do but sew and I spend the day on Pintrest getting more ideas! Just what I need! :)

Robin says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I have so many great plans but I somehow couldn’t get going on making them real this last weekend. But– it’s another week! Bring on the motivation! :)

Good luck on your bag pattern re-vamp. It’s already super-cute– I look forward to finding out how you make it even better!

Queenie says:

This spring has turned into an extremely busy with little time for squeezing in all the sewing I too had swirling around my head…. Oh well, springs not over yet :o)
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Kathe says:

Glad to see I’m not alone. It’s been very frustrating knowing how much work I have to do in my sewing and not having the umph to get up and do it. Keep hoping it will pass real soon.

Last week I sewed for fun precisely because I was lacking the motivation. It helped. Now I’m back to not enough time for all the ideas!

Elise says:

Exhaustion? It’s ok…:)

Julie Warner says:

I agree its hard some days to get started, but then once you start sewing it is always so hard to stop. I have a fun baby quilt I need to get started on soon before the baby gets here.