Flying Geese Mini Quilt

Posted on March 15th, by Amy in finished quilt, Swap. 16 comments

I’m late in posting today, I had to wash my mini, and bring out all the texture!
Fab Little Quilt Swap

Love those crinkles!

FLQS detail

All the geese are pretty close to perfect, and the differing sizes were a fun puzzle to put together.

FLQS binding

I think my favorite part is the binding!  I had to stop myself from adding it to the quilt top, and I’m so glad I did.  It pulls it all together, and is a nice bit of symbolism, since it is a swap quilt.

I have another mini in mind, to keep for myself.

What are you working on today?

16 thoughts on “Flying Geese Mini Quilt

Amy says:

Amy…I love it!!!! And the binding is fun!!!

Suzanne says:

A good swim really changes the texture and feel of our quilts. Lovely finish.

marjorie says:

I like the way you put this together

Missy says:

I still think it looks like mountains! The big triangles are the closer mountains and the little triangles are the mountains that are farther away!

Sharon B says:

Love the colors and all the sizes. I agree with Missy – it looks like “purple mountain majesty . . . “

This is just beautiful!!!

Wonderful mini!!! You’re right, the binding is way fun!
    Today, I’m doing some visual research for my next quilting adventure and have a file folder with my visual inspiration. Next… to the drawing board.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

kare says:

I love the mini size but really wish it was queen size so I could sleep under it – most beautiful!!

Chancy says:

A beautiful mountain-scape. Such a great quilt.

Karen says:

This is so pretty Amy, love the binding fabric

Kati R. says:

It really came out nice! I love the straight line quilting on it! My favorite part is binding too :) I just love to sit and hand stitch at the end. I’ll be starting a double wedding ring wall hanging tomorrow after making another test block with pieced arcs. Wish me luck! :)

cynthia says:

I love your quilt and the binding is perfect!!!

That’s what that binding was for! This looks great!

Cindy says:

Imagine telling a story with “beyond seven mountains” to your kid and pointing on the mountains – priceless!

Karen says:

A gaggle. Also used to describe a noisy or disorderly group of people, children, etc. Flock sounds like its on the ground to me anyway.