One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 12

Posted on April 2nd, by Amy in Challenge Week. 52 comments

What will you challenge yourself with this week?

I don’t want you to be stressed out about this challenge, but I do hope to MOTIVATE you. Finish something, start something, just don’t be overwhelmed by everything – One Thing!

You decide, what’s reasonable for you to get done in a weeks time, and tell me your goal in the comments. Next Monday, I will have a linky and you can link to your blog/flickr post, and show off your met goal!

—–

My goal for the week, can’t be shared – boo!  But I can share what I finished last week – it works for me since I’m not entering to win anyway!My Spring Bag is finally finished, and so cheery!  I had wanted a mid size bag, with a zipper top, and lots of pockets.  The pattern is my own, I love being able to mix and match patterns on the exterior with the panels, and pockets.

I appliqued a piece of the selvedge to the long pocket.  At some point I should get some woven labels made with my/my blog name on them, it just hasn’t happened yet.

Opposite side has two more pockets.  I’m so pleased with the outcome!  It’s not so deep that I can loose my keys, and small enough that I will have to clean it out regularly, instead of just switching bags.  I had hoped to offer it as a pattern, but I’m not confident that it is perfect yet, and my Illustrator skills still need some work.  It could be a while!

—–

Back to the task at hand!

For those of you that meet your goal, you will be entered to win this collection of  PINK fat quarters:

Post a button -

(code is in the sidebar, down lower)

Motivate your friends too!

Have a productive week~

—–

One Thing, One Week Challenge is a monthly challenge, beginning the first Monday of each month.  Join us!

52 thoughts on “One Thing, One Week Challenge :: 12

Jess says:

I will finish piecing together my I love Sushi quilt top this week.

Missy says:

Since I barely did not finish my dress last week, my goal is to finish it this week! I would have finished, but I ended up helping a preteen make one for herself instead. :)

Kate says:

I can definitely finish my airplane baby quilt this week…if I figure out what to do about the fabric shortage I’ve found myself in!

Jamie lee says:

I want to finish the Flora quilt I started. I have the top done, but need to get it quilted and bound.

Melinda says:

My goal for this week is to finish my daughter’s dress. If I can get that done I’m either going to start on a quilt or try my hand at a cloth diaper.

Julie says:

I’m working on a sampler and I haven’t done the three from this month. I hope do get those three done. Thanks for the motivation!

Sandra says:

I have a baby quilt I would like to get finished this week. Just need to get motivated and get r done!

Cindy Sharp says:

Those pinks are beautiful.

Colleen says:

Im going to finish my DQS12 quilt. It is my version of a NY Beauty and Ive had it planned out, fabric pulled, for a while. I don’t want to be late sending it!

Betty says:

I would like to get final borders on my FQ Stars Quilt. I hate doing borders so hopefully this will help me getter done.
    Thanks for these challenges.

Becky says:

I’m going to start working on my wholecloth quilt. I’ve never done one before, so I’m slightly nervous, but excited for the challenge.

Debbie says:

I’m making a table runner for my cousin that I’m struggling to finish…

Em says:

I am going to finish one more 4×5 Bee block and one of the 5 baby carriers on my list! Oh, yeah!

Jacque says:

I hope to finish my Easter table topper….in time for Easter, of course! LOL

Anne Carter says:

I am going to finish the little squares section of an auction quilt.

Lee Ann L. says:

I’m going to try this once again. The only difference is that I don’t need to be entered the drawing as there are others who would enjoy that prize more than me.

There are two things I’d like to complete:

1) making the leaders for the quilt frame so that I can start mid-arm quilting.

2) finish the Maxine Mug rug.

Hopefully, the new thread will not give me grief when I start using the sewing machine again. :-)

Shannon C. says:

My goal for this week is to get the full pattern designed for my Dinosaur art quilt. Will be tough but I’m going to try!

Beth T. says:

I have been working on a crazy quilt forever. This week I am going to complete the back and attach the back to the front, preparing it to be tied while we watch baseball games this season. (Go, Yankees!)

nicke says:

i will finish my secret quilt as in quilted and bound! i will baste my fly girl and my dream on quilts and i will finish my bee blocks that are late… and i will start on the bee blocks that are due this month.. as in april! and i hope to find my damn camera!

KatieQ says:

I haven’t been able to finish any of my challenge projects within the one week limit, but I have eventually finished all of them so it has been a good incentive for me. This week, I plan to make the top from the Made In Cherry quilt along. I love the quilt, but couldn’t make up my mind what fabric to use while the quilt along was in session. I finally decided that I want to make the center star out of 3.5 inch novelty charm squares. I think it will be a great quilt for a child.

Kelsey says:

My one thing is a bit unusual. I just moved to a different state last week, so my sewing room is a mountain of boxes and furniture waiting to be assembled/arranged/organized. My goal for this week is to unpack and organize every thing in there so I actually can sew something sometime soon. :)

Barbara says:

I definitely want to get my Irish doll quilt quilted and bound.

Beautiful handbag. I love all the pockets!!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Alli says:

I’m going to baste my gigantic Made in Cherry quilt, make a zig zag tote, and make some Easter treats for my nieces, baby cousins, and kids! Thanks for hosting the challenge! :)

I have a Pay It Forward that I would like to have finished for next week. I have the top done. I need to quilt it. Thanks for the motivation.

Karen says:

I’m going to try and finish the binding on my Central Park 4 Patch Quilt :o) Beautiful handbag btw!

KristyLou says:

I would love to be able to finish sewing the strips together for my sister’s wedding quilt AND start cutting them into square strips :) Thanks Amy!

Allison C says:

I’m going to make some baby gifts for our very pregnant pet sitter. Naturally they will be doggie themed.

Kirsten says:

I have been playing with some “leftover” HST’s from my Swoon blocks and I hope to make them into a pillow. Love your Echino bag:)

Garilyn says:

My goal is to make a dress for my daughter for Easter.

Cheryl says:

My goal is to make a quilted zippered pouch

Jennie T. says:

I will start my Pinwheels in the Park quilt. I’m hoping to get at least 10 blocks done before Friday. That’s my one thing.

Kendra says:

I’m going to finally turn some quilt swatches into mug rugs! Thanks for the motivation, Amy! :)

Sarah Craig says:

I will finish the batik postage stamp quilt top I’m working on for a friend just diagnosed with breast cancer….

And I love your spring bag!!!

Karen O says:

My one thing for this week is to finish the top for my daughter’s quilt, piece the back together, and get it to the quilter. I need it done for a quilt show in 3 weeks. :)

Erin Marie says:

My goal is to get a tie made for boy#1 and suspenders made for boy #2. Since Easter is next Sunday, I have no choice. It’s not fair that their sister gets an awesome new dress and they get nothing. :-)

Karen M says:

I am going to sew at least 10 scrappy houses for the 365 Scrap Houses in 365 Days Challenge. I need to make more than one a day to get caught up.

M-R says:

I look forward to this challenge every month, Amy! I’m aiming to finish my spring modern mini. Thanks for the motivation!

I’m working on the NY Beauty blocks and blocks on Sew Out Loud flicker group. Paper piecing takes me a while…so maybe 1 from SOL, I’m behind because I joined last week and there are 8 blocks up.

LisaAnn says:

I’ll be doing the same thing I did for the last challenge…making Farmers Wife blocks! I plan to complete 12 blocks by next Monday. Lovely bag, Amy! Good luck to everyone!

Angie C says:

Cute bag! I would like to finish piecing the last 6 blocks for a quilt I’m making my mom!

I will try for finding a Shibori dyeing pattern to overdye a hand-dyed fabric that will evoke a marshy background for a Clapper Rail bird. I hope also to sort more donated hand dyes for the Visions Art Museum. Wish me luck!

chelsea says:

I’m going to finish the baby quilt my father in law commissioned. Ok, finish quilting it at least. I’m going camping this weekend so binding would be pushing it!

Marci Girl says:

I hope it is ok to post a day late, but my one thing will be to finish a baby quilt for me nephew, his birthday is this weekend! I only have the binding to put on and then I will be done!

KimR says:

I know this isn’t much–but with all I have planned this week, I really need to get this done! I want to cut out the charms for the two swaps I am in! So, I need to press and cut up seven yards of fabric–I just keep putting it off! LOL

[…] kind of progress I made.  Speaking of progress, the progress I publicly declared I would make for Amy’s One Thing One Week Challenge was to finish that last 4×5 Bee Block and finish 1 mei tai.  If those things happen, this […]

Ellie Q says:

Longtime follower, first time poster here…love this concept! Just got some Kona white. I’m itching to mix it with my batik stash and stitch some wonky blocks, just for play and practice. Let’s say four blocks, to give me a specific goal.

Lorelei Craig says:

What a gorgeous purse, so love it.

Nicole Gendy says:

I’m going to try to get one of my basted quilts quilted.

Leena says:

A cushion cover with hand embroidery for the challenge.
    Love the fabric…wish I win .
    Leena

Julia in MS says:

I want to finish piecing Laura’s quilt top by Monday morning.

bee says:

I’d like to get my summer sampler quilt basted this week so i can figure out how to quilt it.
    i have the top all ready, and fabric for backing (and binding) all ready & waiting.