The Bees Knees – Quilting Bee

Posted on April 24th, by Amy in Bees Knees. 16 comments

Hi friends!  I am in  a new quilting bee!  April was our first month, and I’m finally posting about it and my block.  Sherri sent everyone two fat eighths of Happy Mochi Yum and a fat quarter of Bella white, and gave us some general direction for what she was hoping for in the blocks.

Two of Sherri’s favorite blocks are pinwheels, and stars, so I found a block that combines them both -

This was such a fun block to make!  Flying geese, HST units, and quarter square units combine to make the great pattern.  I hope you like it Sherri!

After making the block, I was trying to think of what I might alternate the block with to make a full quilt, and came up with this -

I love that it looks like it’s set on-pointe, but it’s not!

—–

Anyway, I love a group activity, and I’m so glad to be in a bee again.  Follow along with our year long journey here.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Amy

16 thoughts on “The Bees Knees – Quilting Bee

Michele says:

Love that block and the colors! I would be tempted to join in on a bee like that but I have so many quilts in progress with deadlines that I have to resist all temptations.

Sharon B says:

This is a great block!

Love the colors and design.

Lynn

Wendy says:

Are you going to do a pattern for this block and the quilt? Love them both!

Sara says:

That is one of my favorite blocks currently! Did you use a tutorial or are you going to devise one yourself? Please!

Gorgeous work Amy!

sherri says:

Oh…I absolutely LOVE it! You did combine two of my favorite blocks…Thank you!

Have a great day!

Kathie says:

This would be a great block for your BOM on Craftsy! I can see my fabric in this one :-)

Becky says:

Beautiful block!

Angie SoCal says:

A nice block and and a wonderful quilt. I’m putting this on my to-do list. I can see it scrappy. What size was the block? – 12″??

Kate Brown says:

I really like the way the way that block looks and its really pretty with those fabrics; She should love it;

cynthia says:

Your block turned out so cute!!!

Amy Smart says:

I love both the block AND the quilt, Amy!

Lindsay says:

I love this block and the quilt design is fab!

It’s very pleasing to the eyes and at the same time very alluring. It’s highly organized as well and I’m pretty sure that it will attract a lot of visitors if you’ll have this design. I love it.

Karlee Barnett says:

I would dearly love to join The Bees Knees Quilting Bee. I don’t have a web page as yet – is that a requirement? If not, would you please forward me appropriate contact information? If it is, I have so much information I would love to share and would love to begin a new ons (having had numerous since 1996 and am a virtual sponge, just longing to absorb the creativity overflowing on the site.

Thank you for any in site you can forward at you earliest convenience!