Almost 12

Posted on May 1st, by Amy in finished project, My kids, sewing. 13 comments

Ella will be 12 in less than two weeks – I have a hard time wraping my head around that number still!

Anyway, she has a violin concert at school this week, and requested a purple skirt.

Nothing too busy, she said, and was immediately drawn to my Kona stash.

45 minutes later we had a skirt, and a compromise – I had to add a little print.

She’s happy, and it was a fast project!

Both make me a happy mom.

- Amy

Fabrics: Kona, Thistle, Amy Butler Lark, Floral Couture

13 thoughts on “Almost 12

Mary Ann says:

Lovely color! Spring is always so busy with end of the year projects and performances, Ella looks very stylish fer hers!

Cindy Sharp says:

Don’t blink. She will be in high school before you know it.

Great out fit.

Amy says:

I think the trim completes the skirt :) I am sewing a dress for dd’s cello recital right now too. Hugs!

Jacque says:

Love the skirt – the trim is perfect!

randi says:

What a sweet little skirt!

sandyb720 says:

Oh such a pretty skirt! Almost 12 – time goes so fast. My youngest is almost 25 and my oldest is almost 30. Those words are hard to say. I remember the almost 12. I now have a 18 month old grandson from the almost 30 year old, so it is kinda like starting all over:) BUT this time it is a boy and not girls.

Great skirt and Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!!!

Beth says:

Adorable! I love that you 2 were able to compromise :)
    My oldest will be 12 in June, I completely relate to how you feel. Sometimes I look around and wonder how it all went by so fast. Hope your day is joyful. Smiles~Beth

Lovely skirt and I’m sure it means even more because Mom made it. Don’t let 12 even phase you…my oldest turns 39 this year. How can I possibly be old enough to have a son turn 39!

Yay for happy mother and daughter!
    Early happy birthday!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Linda Hall says:

Hooray for Ella! Maybe she can take up quilting, and we can both be Quilting Violinists!

Janine says:

Mine will be 12 in two weeks too! Her piano recital was last weekend. They’re like two peas in a pod! Mine gets to sit in the front seat of the car when she turns 12, so she is really excited to not be “banished”to the back seat anymore!

Michele says:

Just lovely. So befitting the season.

Kate Brown says:

They grow up so very fast, you just blink! Tell Ella happy birthday :)