Bloggers’ Quilt Festival :: Spring 2012
Welcome to the Festival! Every time we gather online to share quilts, I’m so inspired, thank you all for sharing your quilts, and their stories. Each story is just as important, as the work put into your quilts. The story is where we get a sense of you, and the love put into each stitch. Please know that your skill level, or style of quilts are not in question – everyone is welcome to participate. Join in the fun! Make some new friends while you browse the show, and be inspired! This spring I have added categories, and a viewer’s choice quilt to the list of prizes! The schedule for the festival is this:
- May 18 – 21 Festival begins! (Linky is open)
- May 22- 25 Nominations are made
- May 26 – 30 Vote for your favorites
- June 1 – Winners announced
I will make it super easy for you to nominate your favorite quilts, and later vote for your favorites. If you haven’t already subscribe to my feed to make sure you get all the updates. *And when you nominate your favorites, you will earn an extra entry in the general drawing! Before I mention all the prizes, a big THANK YOU to our sponsors! They have generously donated prizes for all of you to win. Be sure to stop by their shops, browse our vendor mall, while taking in all the quilts. They love being the suppliers for all your fabric and sewing needs! As you make your way through all the quilts, email me if you find a quilter that you think would make a great feature here. I’m always looking for more Featured Quilters! Finally, be sure to leave a comment on this post, to be entered to win one of the fabulous giveaways. Good Luck! About the sponsors:
Moda is offering a fat quarter bundle of Vintage Modern! Fabric Shoppe is offering a $40 gift certificate! STC Craft is offering a collection of beautiful quilt books, Denyse Schmidt: Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspiration, Kaffe Fassett: Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts, and Material Obsession!
- Write a new post (old posts will be deleted). Share one quilt, and it’s story. Why you made it, why it is special to you, what you learned about quilting/yourself while making it. The quilt doesn’t have to be brand new, never seen before on your blog – show what you like! Also, please respect my efforts and the efforts of the event sponsors, and do not offer giveaways in your Quilt Festival post.
- In your post, link back to the festival. You can do this with a button, just copy and paste the code into your post, if all else fails.
- Share a permalink to your post, in the linky. Right click on your post title to copy link address, then paste it in the linky.
- Leave me a comment to be entered in the giveaways.
- Visit all the other quilters sharing their quilts and be inspired!
- If you are on flickr, consider adding your entry to the group pool, it’s great to see all the quilts in the gallery!
Add your post to the linky, and leave a comment to be entered to win! The red X is only seen on your computer, it gives you the option to edit/delete your link if necessary, also note that it may take a few minutes for your image to show up here. Pull up a comfy chair and enjoy the show! To be ready to nominate your favorites, keep a list of the entry #'s for reference. If you have a question, please email me directly, as questions in the comments will not be answered quickly, I will do my best to help. Enjoy!! Amy