My Festival Post

Posted on May 21st, by Amy in Bloggers Quilt Festival. 33 comments

I am so excited to see everyone turn out again for  Bloggers’ Quilt Festival! It’s been a pleasure to watch all the quilts pour in on the linky. The linky will be open just a couple more days, hopefully everyone that wants to, will have a chance to link up!

My entry is my recent finish – Burst of Spring.

I’ve developed a love of flying geese, and found myself drawing different blocks all with flying geese, this one had to be made! I was asked to develop a pattern for Blend Fabrics, with Spring Promise fabrics, and I knew that it was a match. The soft floral fabrics each take a turn being the center of attention in the star, with the white print background setting them off.

Have you tried making flying geese? They are not as hard as you might think! The technique I’ve adopted, uses squares, and leaves no waste – perfect! I love this pattern to the point that I’ve made it again, well almost…I have the blocks completed, but not pressed. I have a quick deadline that needs to be met first, then I will continue on with these -

1 teeny block :) looking forward to finishing!

This one measures 3 1/2″ and it’s as adorable in person, as on your screen! The block is super versatile – and I added 4 sizes to my pattern, just in case you need to make some teeny blocks.

With this quilt, I’ve decided to take the time and make a quilt, just because. I don’t do that very often, but it does need to be done on occasion, and I know that a reason for it will become apparent in time.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are enjoying the show -

33 thoughts on “My Festival Post

Cille says:

I adore the Burst of spring – the fabric choise is perfect. It perfectly channels how I feel today where we have the first decent spring day :)

Charlotte says:

gorgeous! and thanks again for hosting – it’s been so much fun!

Charming quilt with a vintage feel. Very romantic.

Thanks again for sponsoring this virtual quilt show.

Come see my entries 64 (repro. applique) and 85 (antique appliques).

CitricSugar says:

Lovely quilt, Amy! And that block is so cute!!

Thank you so much for organizing and hosting this event – it’s been a really great experience for me!

So clever. What a beautiful quilt too.

Julie Fukuda says:

I love any form of flying geese. Those are real spring fabrics. Thanks, not only for hosting this fun event but your kind attention to us knowledgeable oldsters.

Amelia says:

It’s really beautiful Amy!! Thanks again for hosting the festival :)

What a pretty quilt! I like the blocks so much. The festival has been great fun! Thanks for hosting it again!

It’s beautiful, Amy! Thanks for hosting such a great festival!

Beth says:

You are so talented!! Love the block and the beautiful quilt it turns into. Hope you have a marvelous day!
    Smiles~Beth

Snoodles says:

Gorgeous fabrics, and I love that block! Thank you for all of your efforts in organizing and hosting this festival!

Vicki says:

It looks great Amy! I love the block shape here…. :)

Diane says:

Beautiful quilt! Springtime colors and fabrics make me happy!
    Thanks for hosting the festival, I have had a wonderful time visiting all the blogs and seeing some amazing quilts.

AnnieO says:

Very soft and pretty fabrics stitched to perfection in those blocks! Teeny tiny flying geese, indeed. Congrats on your new pattern!

Anne says:

Very springtime feeling quilt made from lovely fabric. Very nice. This has been my first time at Bloggers’ Quilt festival and I’ve really enjoyed looking at all the quilts. I’m working my way through every single one. Lots of inspiration. Thanks for all the hard work of putting this event together Amy.

Love your entry – so simple and so complex. Love the fabric too!

I just love this quilt, it totally sayes spring has spring. Beautiful!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Becky says:

It really is a lot like Spring- lovely.

Janet says:

Beautiful colours! Flying geese are fun to do and I’m getting better at making them!

Robin says:

Burst of Spring is just lovely! It looks so feminine and springy and happy. I just love that background fabric too– such a pretty print! “Just because” projects are the best! :) Your

Allie says:

Perfect pattern for those fabrics Amy – you are amazing!

Katy says:

It looks fab! Although I definitely don’t have the patience!

Susan says:

3.5″ IS teeny from my point of view! =) I kept looking at the quilt picture (very nice, btw!) and trying to figure out how it was flying geese! Thanks for showing just one block up close so the mystery was solved.

Shari says:

This pattern showcases the fabrics beautifully. A tiny version will be too cute for words.

Lesley says:

Your Burst of Spring is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your quilt and hosting such a wonderful Quilt Festival!

Kate Brown says:

You picked just the right fabric for that pattern. I love it, it is very beautifully done :) thanks for hosting this wonderful show too.

I love it! It is beautiful. I have issues with flying geese. I will have to find out how to make them with squares.

renee says:

Hi voted for you great quilt, so many others were the same i hope that it takes the vote which i sent by for now too all the quilters thanx, sooooooo much renee

Amy says:

Stunning Amy! I love it. I wish I had the patience to make one of my own. Beautiful fabric selection as well.

[...] with you for Blogger’s Quilt Festival!  My Button Box quilt is a variation of a quilt I made last spring, with a twist. Previously, it was made with 9″ blocks and a very pretty fabric line, however, [...]

Maggie says:

So glad to see you post on your festival too! This is such a great event!!

Love this quilt. It is unusual and a really striking design. Thanks for sharing it!