My Quilted Tote

Posted on May 31st, by Amy in finished project. 23 comments

Last week, in the midst of all the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival emails, I finished this tote up for myself on my birthday! I had been working on the panels here and there while other projects came and went the few weeks prior.

BTW – Today is the last day to vote here and here! There’s been a good turn out for voting – Thanks for taking the time!

I was inspired by Penny and her tote, but of course had to make it my own.

That’s the beauty of this type of work, each piece is as different as the scraps in your bin.

I’ve been using the bag for a week now, of course it’s full of receipts, and coupons, but the pocket is one of my favorite parts!

It measures about 15″ x 12″

I quilted it as I went, adding scraps to batting, and quilting each piece individually. Penny did a quilt-along if you want more info. Really it’s just a ton of fun, and a great use of favorite scraps!

It makes me smile every time I pick it up to run to school or the grocery store – perfect!

Hope you are having a great day -

23 thoughts on “My Quilted Tote

Missy says:

This is cute, I had to pin it! Can’t wait to make one of my own!

marjorie says:

This is a great looking tote …love the patchwork you did.

Cindy Sharp says:

Fun bag. Free piecing scraps is so fun.

Mary Malone says:

I love your bag! You need great fabrics – like you have – to make a scrappy bag look great. BUT….
    I noticed the neat zipper insert you did. I have seen that before, but my tote bag patterns do not have that type of application. Any chance for a (drop in??) tote bag zipper insert tutorial??? Thanks for everything and happy quilting.

Mary

Tammie says:

I agree, I love the tote bag. Do you have a tutorial on the how to’s? Would love to make one for myself and one to donate to our church bizaar. Thanks for sharing the beautiful bag.

Miss Nancy says:

Super great tote bag! Well done! Thank you for the link to the quilt along. Looks like great fun.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Vicki says:

Cute bag, Amy!

What a fun bag!! I’m definitely going to have to check out the link to more info!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

Snoodles says:

This is fabulous, Amy! I second the motion…..a tut, please!

I love it! It is so beautiful!

Stephanie says:

Hello! I am so sad that I missed the quilters blog fest this year!…I am loving this bag though. :)
    p.s. a quick question for you. Maybe you could email me…I know you used to have a blogspot and switched to typepad. Just wondering how easy it was, how much easier or different typepad is, and if you are glad you did it. SInce it costs a bit of money I was just curious if I may ask. thanks. :)

Beth says:

Cute! I love that it makes you smile each time you go to grab it. Smiles~Beth

Kristin says:

This is adorable

Shari says:

This is lovely and whimsical. Perfect for scraps of all ages.

Jean says:

What a beautiful bag…I may have just been inspired. But I really need to work on my sons’ quilts.

Amy..what is that adorable butterfly fabric? I must have it!!!

Dawn says:

You have great scraps. Which makes a totally darling tote!

I would luv a tute for that wonderful zipper application. The way it sits down in there is wonderful.

Elise says:

You are so famous and loved! You do precise work and it pays back in all kinds of dividends! You are my favorite oldest daughter! Love, Mom

Such a great project! I love anything that’s purposeful. Also loved the sweet note from your Mom!

[...] I made? I had so much fun making this piece! A couple weeks ago, I made myself a quilt as you go tote, and really enjoyed the laid back nature of the project. Then I thought I should try to apply the [...]

Looks great! I never have quilted as I sewed, but this looks easy enough. Heading to the quilt along to see if she gives any instructions on that! :)

Lorelei Craig says: