At Last!

Posted on September 17th, by Amy in work in progress. 21 comments

A complete quilt top! I feel like this has been forever in the making, but it’s done :)

I had hoped to baste and begin quilting over the weekend, but it didn’t happen.  That’s okay with me – we had a great family weekend!  So on my list this week will be sewing up the backing I pulled out, and getting started on the quilting.

What are you up to this week?

Happy Quilting ~

21 thoughts on “At Last!

That is so gorgeous Amy! Love the fussy cut flower centers to the stars. Will it be a pattern?

Mary Ann says:

Wonderful quilt Amy. It has the look of vintage fabric, I love it.

Snoodles says:

That is stunning! I agree with another comment, it has a vintage look to it. Will this be a pattern that you release or is it for a book?

Sally says:

Very pretty! If I was a naming kinda gal I’d call it “Grandma’s Button Box,” it has that kind of ooh-look,old-buttons! feel to it.

Kelsey says:

Such a beautiful quilt – stunning!

jodi says:

I love, especially the multiple sizes! Looking forward to see what backing you chose.

Melissa says:

I saw where you were working on these blocks on instagram. Nice to see the finished top. I love the different sizes. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

Lauren aka Giddy99 says:

It’s beautiful! Congratulations on your finish. :)

Annie K says:

Gorgeous!!!! What are you going to do for the binding?

Beth says:

It’s fabulous, Amy! So many beautiful colors and prints.
    Smiles~Beth

Dawn Hollingsworth says:

WOW! Just stunning!! I also hope this will have a pattern made available!

Sara says:

Definitely worth the wait, because it’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the final quilted/bound product!

Bobbi D Dougherty says:

Wow, this is gorgeous! I would love to make something like this. :)

Gorgeous! What a great mix of colors and sizes!

Kate Brown says:

I can see why it took so long to make, Wow!! It is beautiful!

Sarah Craig says:

Love love love that top, Amy! Definitely a labor of love…. I’m working on a couple of those myself – the quilts I’m making for my granddaughters for Christmas! I hope to get both tops finished this week….

Colleen says:

So glad you got it done! It’s even more gorgeous in person.

Michele says:

Sweet. So what am I up to this week, sewing wise that is? Lots and lots of dots!

[...] of you asked about a pattern for this quilt, fortunately the pattern was already written, and I added a few details to cover the layout for my [...]