Two Steps Forward….

Posted on October 2nd, by Amy in work in progress. 14 comments

…one step back!

I finally decided how to quilt my Button Box quilt, and messed it up!

I spent last night picking stitches until my finger tips hurt, hopefully tomorrow I can resume my efforts.

Have you ever picked out quilting?

Hope that’s not what you are doing today!

14 thoughts on “Two Steps Forward….

I have, and it’s NO fun! Hope it’s over for you soon, and you can get back to sewing in forward!

Johanna says:

Sometime I have to say and repeat to myself “my seam ripper in my friend”. Been there, not much fun un-sewing!

In the end though, it is worth it. You can only make it once. I’d rather un-sew and fix instead of saying why didn’t I fix or change this. It still isn’t fun though!

Lisa Lisa says:

I just went through the same thing with a quilt that I was donating for a raffle :( Hopefully not too much to rip out.

Cindy Sharp says:

Now I will have Vin Diesel singing the Peter Panda song in my head all day. At least it makes me smile. (From The Pacifier)

Sorry about the unstitching…..

Oh no, that’s the worst! I’ve only had to do that once before and thankfully it was only a baby quilt!

Yep…I have unpicked quilting twice in the same quilt…and, yes it is painful, but when you get it the way you want you’ll be pleased you did. ((hugs))

Wishing you could wake up to it all picked out. Yes, I’ve done it too…not fun.

I have unpicked it a few times and it bites every time!!! Sorry, get a good movie to watch :)

kate brown says:

I have done it more than a few times but I have always been glad after. Hope your goes fast!

Shanna says:

lol, That is exactly what I am doing today (I wrote a post about it), how funny. Its not my favorite thing to do, that is for certain! I wish you well and hope it turns out okay for you in the end.

Diane says:

The dance itself is a walking dance, which has its roots in American foxtrot and swing. More complex forms of the Texas two-step include lots of spins and turns with your partner.

Linda says:

Taking out those quilted stitches is not too bad if you use an eyebrow shaper between the layers.

AnnieO says:

OH yes, many times! Usually because I call my quilting style I.T.I.S. (I’ll Try It and See)….which can mean several false starts before I like what I’m doing. Practice pieces just aren’t “the real thing” and you never really know what is going to happen!

I always tell people who ask about my love of sewing that one shouldn’t sew unless one is willing to rip!

Heidi says:

Ugh..YES! Jack *the seam ripper* are very good friends.