Dancing Stars Quilt-Along

Posted on December 20th, by Amy in quilt-along. 49 comments

I’ve been thinking about the coming year, and how to make the most of this space with all of you!

I’ll be starting the new year off with a Quilt-Along right here, and in the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along group on Flickr.  It’s a great place to connect with other quilters!

This is a paper-pieced block, and a lot of fun to make.  I’ve made this block a number of times, and it’s still a favorite!

Right now I’m working out size options, (in case you aren’t ready to make 98 blocks), and fabric requirements.  It’s a great scrap quilt, so don’t worry if you’ve put yourself on a fabric diet, you can still join in the fun!

What do you think?

I hope you will join us!  For now grab a button, and check back soon!

Dancing Stars Quilt-Along -- AmysCreativeSide.com

49 thoughts on “Dancing Stars Quilt-Along

Maxine says:

I love it! I’m in.

Molly says:

I’m in! I’ve always wanted to learn paper piecing and I’ve made two quilts along with you already. You’re a great teacher and I’ve learned lots from you both times. This should really add to my skill set. Thanks Amy!

Emma says:

Since I messed up my shoulder and can’t rotary cut (but can paper piece) this looks to be totally up my alley! Thanks for hosting!

I haven’t paper pieced in years. This might just be perfect to get me going again.

It seems to be fun. Of course I´m in

Kelsey says:

I really don’t need more projects but I LOVE this!!! I think I’ll need to squeeze it in!

Amy B. says:

Love it!!!

Lizzie says:

Yes, I’m in! I love your pattern and I see lots of pssibilities for fabric choice.

Is it going to be english paper piecing or the stitch and tear away the paper -paper piecing?

Oh… this will be such a pretty quilt. Will there be a time limit for getting it done?

JoAnn says:

I am game! I totally need a scrap busting project!

Joey says:

This is a great one for scraps and to improve my piecing skills. Thank you.

Pat Converse says:

I love this quilt … I’m in.

Teresa says:

I’m in!

Maggie says:

Might be just what I need to get my quilting mojo back!

Staci says:

Improving my paper piecing skills is one of my 2013 goals, so this is coming at a good time for me! I love how happy those stars look, they really do dance!

Barbie says:

My four-year-old daughter saw this and said “Cool, cool, cool!” It looks like a great block!

Zusjeb says:

Wow, looks great, i’d love to try!

hafza says:

I love the pattern but yet to look at the fabric requirement. Not sure if I have enough scraps to play with!

Sandy says:

I love the Dancing Stars quilt with all those equilateral triangles, but I hate paper piecing! Can’t it be pieced without using a foundation?

Sharon says:

This is tempting!! I have lots of scraps. Love the pattern. Love to paper piece. SOLD

Susan says:

Wow this paper piecing looks beautiful! I’ve not tried it before. I so love the color choices! Thanks for sharing and the nice photography. You might enjoy my quilt with vintage hankies, just go to the search box on “Quilted Nights…”

Keep up the lovely work!

Paula says:

I really shouldn’t start anything new, but I don’t think I can resist! This is awesome!

Lavinia says:

Hi there
    I would love to participate in this quilt along.
    Great for all those scraps.
    Lavinia

[...] will spend the next few days snuggling, baking, crunching numbers for our quilt-along, and hopefully a little [...]

Jennifer E says:

Yahoo! I’m so in!!

Mary Lynn . says:

Looking forward to do this . When will the details be available?

Hi, of course this post is in fact nice and I have learned lot of things
    from it concerning blogging. thanks.

OOOoooooo COOL quilt, I think I’d like to maybe play, am not real fond of PP but sometimes a great design is more important than how it gets done and this is a CUTE scrap quilt so I may have to force myself to PP :D!!

brandy says:

I’ve NEVER paper pieced…too hard for a beginner?

Diane says:

I’d love to play too!

Elise says:

I’m going to start; and hopefully finish!

Sharon - IN says:

I’d like to play along. My thought for 2013 is using up more from the stash. This looks like a great scrappy quilt.

Shar F. says:

I love this pattern! I want to do it. Is there a sign up list?

Donna says:

A new skill…eager I am.

Donna says:

Alright y then, I am in.

Kristie Michalowski says:

Well I am in! I have linked your button on my blog for more of my friends to join in too! thanks

Corinne says:

I am in. I can not wait to start

missy k says:

Sounds like fun.

Joyce says:

I am in! I have loads of scraps that are crying to be used! Such a pretty pattern and I look forward learning a new skill!
    Thanks for the opportunity.

I’m IN and excited! I’ve been wanting more Quilt ALongs!

[...] Dancing Stars Quilt Along – paper pieced quilt along. I feel like I’m jumping right in with this paper pieced thing! [...]

[...] is to try new techniques and another is to join a quilt-along.  I was excited to find out that Amy Ellis has created a quilt- along that meets both of my goals. I couldn’t believe it! This is a [...]

Marj says:

I love the dancing stars. I hope to make a bunch.

ep says:

I adore this- how do I join in the quilt along??

[…] Dancing Stars – Another QAL! Maybe if I would start them when I find them, or when they start, I’d have […]

[…] that one was still warm from the iron, I found the 25 dancing stars blocks I had paper pieced with Amy Ellis’ pattern. Here’s a previous post about this project. I recalled that Vicki Welsh had recently finished […]